Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

(Central VA) Metro Richmond

110K views 497 replies 61 participants last post by  schubie 
#1 ·
"There's no where to offroad in Virginia!!!" -- FALSE!
There are Hundreds of Public Legal Trails in Virginia, Look on this Sticky for more info, or PM me!

Welcome!
This Thread is For Central Virginia, Metro Richmond, and 804 Jeepers.
But ALL Virginian's Are Welcome!
------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Maps
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CERTAIN TRAIL/AREA,
I CAN GET YOU HI-RES OR PRINTED OUT TOPO MAPS!
ANY TRAIL/AREA OF VA, WV, MD, PA, ETC.
PLEASE PM ME!!

The Map Now Includes all the Following!
POST ANY ISSUES with closures and conflicts.

• Bald Mtn./Big Levels/Coal Rd.
  • Shoe Creek
  • Crozet
  • Flag Pole
  • Rocky Run
  • The Cove
  • Peter's Mill/Taskers Gap
  • Gauley Ridge
  • Cow Knob
  • German River
  • Little Dry River
  • Long Run
  • Mountain Lake
  • Potts Mtn.
  • The Pines
  • Potts FR 604, 178, & 180
  • Border Trail (33/Flag Pole)
  • Brush Mtn.
  • State Line
  • Kephart
  • Old Route 33
  • Dictum Ridge
  • PLUS many more! Just check out the link above.
  • There are many Trails of The Blue Ridge Parkway, Look for them, read the Signs, Some of have gates. PM if you are looking for more that are not listed!
For always up-to-date info on trips/meet n greets, Please Look Here! https://www.facebook.com/groups/vajeepoffroad/
Next Meet n' Greet
When: Wednesday Feb 12th @ 6:30pm
Where: Chipotle Mexican Restaurant, 11440 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23235
Other: There are other food places near by if people don't like that, right outside the mall with plenty of room and options if need be.

This is an "All Breeds" Meet N Greet, open to any 4x4. Invite all your friends who'd like to come out.

This Meet N Greet is Brought to you by RVA Rock Crawlers

A Richmond-based, family friendly group of Jeep and 4x4 owners who get together for off-roading, camping, wrenching and other related events. We do not charge dues but instead raise funds through the sale of stickers, shirts, etc. at our events.

Keep up with events at: www.RVARockCrawlers.com
Next Trail Ride
What:
When:
Time:
Where:
Info & Sign-Up:

Locals

Looking for local JFers?
Post a Picture or PM me a Picture of your Jeep and County and I'll make a list of everyone.
All Ages Accepeted! (this is not a club, just Locals :highfive:)
Henrico

Hanover

Chesterfield

Other

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Maps
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CERTAIN TRAIL/AREA,
I CAN GET YOU HI-RES OR PRINTED OUT TOPO MAPS!
ANY TRAIL/AREA OF VA, WV, MD, PA, ETC.
PLEASE PM ME!!

The Map Now Includes all the Following!
POST ANY ISSUES with closures and conflicts.

• Bald Mtn./Big Levels/Coal Rd.
  • Shoe Creek
  • Crozet
  • Flag Pole
  • Rocky Run
  • The Cove
  • Peter's Mill/Taskers Gap
  • Gauley Ridge
  • Cow Knob
  • German River
  • Little Dry River
  • Long Run
  • Mountain Lake
  • Potts Mtn.
  • The Pines
  • Potts FR 604, 178, & 180
  • Border Trail (33/Flag Pole)
  • Brush Mtn.
  • State Line
  • Kephart
  • Old Route 33
  • Dictum Ridge
  • PLUS many more! Just check out the link above.
  • There are many Trails of The Blue Ridge Parkway, Look for them, read the Signs, Some of have gates. PM if you are looking for more that are not listed!

Jeepforum.com - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f327/central-va-metro-richmond-1184788/
Cherokeeforum.com - http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f42/central-va-metro-richmond-va-jeepers-96957/

See less See more
#38 ·
I haven't really found any that offer good prices on the parts. Install I have no clue because I will installing my own lift to save on labor costs and well its not my first time modifying a Jeeps suspension or a cars. Check out Iron rock offroad (google search) that is where I am ordering my lift from and comes highly recommend on these forums.

#41 ·
XJsportG, saw you drive by my parents house on Wednesday night, I was outside next to my White WJ, I yelled at you and waved. My family has lived there since it was built in the 1980's! Should be putting my lift on in that garage this weekend if Fed ex doesn't screw up the shipping times.

#42 ·
bmandubj10 said:
XJsportG, saw you drive by my parents house on Wednesday night, I was outside next to my White WJ, I yelled at you and waved. My family has lived there since it was built in the 1980's! Should be putting my lift on in that garage this weekend if Fed ex doesn't screw up the shipping times.
Where do you live man! I drived alot that night hahha.

#44 ·
When are we meeting up fellow RVA jeepers?

#48 ·
99WJCHRIS said:
Well I got a party sat afternoon. How about sometime Sunday mid day or afternoon?
We should meet down near the river sun night. They are having a huge firework show off belle island. Find a place for all of us to park and hangout and watch the show.

#50 ·
Here's a link to the site http://www.fireworksonthejames.com/

Fireworks are @ 930pm, But Browns Island Opens up @ 6pm

Maybe we can Meet here earlier in the Day http://bit.ly/ktZd3M
(Public Parking for the Public) Have a Cook Out earlier in the day so we all have our parking spots, then go enjoy the fireworks?

#51 ·
Belle isle is having the show. We can park in the gravel parking lot for tredigar iron works. Or go down the the rocks at 21st. Its going to fill up fast but it sounds like a good idea.

#53 ·
Yeah I was writing mine when you posted that. We could also do pipeline I think. I can't remember if you can see it all from their or not but its a cool little place. More private but **** for parking.

#55 ·
Damn, I'll be closing at work all weekend.

#56 ·
Im down here right now. Im parked on top of parking deck right across from the MWV $5.00 parking.

There a few jeeps up here, a nice TJ or JK. But idk if anyone is from jf.com

Plenty of parking if anyone wants to come up and chill.

#58 ·
I was on the river chillin on the fallen collums for the old bridges right on the back side of browns island. We were hangin out chillin in the river drinkin beer and heard all the music from browns island and had AWESOME seats for the show!!! We went to Pipeline.

#59 ·
I was at work...

#60 ·
I was outta town at the beach watching fireworks over the harbor!

#61 ·
Not sure if anyones gonna respond in time but me and my girlfriend are newer to town living on the west end and would like to meet some more people to hang out with. Figured a meet and greet tonight at a bar or something would be nice if anyones interested. I'm 24 she's 23.

#63 ·
This Thread Has Been Merged With 2 Other Threads.

This Thread Now Includes:
  • Next Meet N' Greet
  • Next Trail Ride
  • Locals Index
  • Virginia Trail Maps

Please Refer to the First Post for more Info!

Also if You'd Like to Help Plan the Next Meet N' Greet and Trail Ride Post Back :D

And This is Officially Sticky'd :D

#64 ·
I would like to help plan a meet and greet! I reside in the West End of Richmond. I will be outta town this weekend though helping a buddy install his 3 inch lift on his XJ. I am free tonight, my girl is having ladies night at our place so I would be thankful to get out of the house lol!

#65 ·
What's up fellow VA Jeepers. I'm up for a meet and greet sometime. Wouldn't be free tonight til after 10pm, gotta close at work. Me and a few other people are in the works of starting up a Jeep club and would like to get other local Jeepers for meet and greets and some trail rides. We have been talking about doing a day trip out to Rapidan to ride the trails sometime here soon and anyone who would want to come is more then welcome. Whoever is interested, just let myself or Bman know and we can start getting everything planned out

XJSportG - I saw your Jeep a couple weeks ago when I was helping Bman install his lift. Your XJ looks really good. We have one XJ in our group and about to lift it this weekend.

-Nick

#68 ·
XJSportG - I saw your Jeep a couple weeks ago when I was helping Bman install his lift. Your XJ looks really good. We have one XJ in our group and about to lift it this weekend.

-Nick
Thanks man, I had just got back from the beach when ya'll finished, I would have helped other Wise!

I was thinking we do a meet and greet on Friday night after 5 sometime, Saturday and Sunday I will be outta town installing a lift on a buddies rig. Any takers for Friday night?
I'm down for Friday, I don't have work finally.

and Saw your jeep the other day, Lift Looks Great Man. Now get some tires! :D

#66 ·
Ok so lets try this meet thing again since the 4th didnt work out. Who's available this weekend?

and strumput Me and my wife are always looking for new couples to hang out with. 26 and 23.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.