Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

(Central VA) Metro Richmond

110K views 497 replies 61 participants last post by  schubie 
#1 ·
"There's no where to offroad in Virginia!!!" -- FALSE!
There are Hundreds of Public Legal Trails in Virginia, Look on this Sticky for more info, or PM me!

Welcome!
This Thread is For Central Virginia, Metro Richmond, and 804 Jeepers.
But ALL Virginian's Are Welcome!
------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Maps
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CERTAIN TRAIL/AREA,
I CAN GET YOU HI-RES OR PRINTED OUT TOPO MAPS!
ANY TRAIL/AREA OF VA, WV, MD, PA, ETC.
PLEASE PM ME!!

The Map Now Includes all the Following!
POST ANY ISSUES with closures and conflicts.

• Bald Mtn./Big Levels/Coal Rd.
  • Shoe Creek
  • Crozet
  • Flag Pole
  • Rocky Run
  • The Cove
  • Peter's Mill/Taskers Gap
  • Gauley Ridge
  • Cow Knob
  • German River
  • Little Dry River
  • Long Run
  • Mountain Lake
  • Potts Mtn.
  • The Pines
  • Potts FR 604, 178, & 180
  • Border Trail (33/Flag Pole)
  • Brush Mtn.
  • State Line
  • Kephart
  • Old Route 33
  • Dictum Ridge
  • PLUS many more! Just check out the link above.
  • There are many Trails of The Blue Ridge Parkway, Look for them, read the Signs, Some of have gates. PM if you are looking for more that are not listed!
For always up-to-date info on trips/meet n greets, Please Look Here! https://www.facebook.com/groups/vajeepoffroad/
Next Meet n' Greet
When: Wednesday Feb 12th @ 6:30pm
Where: Chipotle Mexican Restaurant, 11440 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23235
Other: There are other food places near by if people don't like that, right outside the mall with plenty of room and options if need be.

This is an "All Breeds" Meet N Greet, open to any 4x4. Invite all your friends who'd like to come out.

This Meet N Greet is Brought to you by RVA Rock Crawlers

A Richmond-based, family friendly group of Jeep and 4x4 owners who get together for off-roading, camping, wrenching and other related events. We do not charge dues but instead raise funds through the sale of stickers, shirts, etc. at our events.

Keep up with events at: www.RVARockCrawlers.com
Next Trail Ride
What:
When:
Time:
Where:
Info & Sign-Up:

Locals

Looking for local JFers?
Post a Picture or PM me a Picture of your Jeep and County and I'll make a list of everyone.
All Ages Accepeted! (this is not a club, just Locals :highfive:)
Henrico

Hanover

Chesterfield

Other

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Maps
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CERTAIN TRAIL/AREA,
I CAN GET YOU HI-RES OR PRINTED OUT TOPO MAPS!
ANY TRAIL/AREA OF VA, WV, MD, PA, ETC.
PLEASE PM ME!!

The Map Now Includes all the Following!
POST ANY ISSUES with closures and conflicts.

• Bald Mtn./Big Levels/Coal Rd.
  • Shoe Creek
  • Crozet
  • Flag Pole
  • Rocky Run
  • The Cove
  • Peter's Mill/Taskers Gap
  • Gauley Ridge
  • Cow Knob
  • German River
  • Little Dry River
  • Long Run
  • Mountain Lake
  • Potts Mtn.
  • The Pines
  • Potts FR 604, 178, & 180
  • Border Trail (33/Flag Pole)
  • Brush Mtn.
  • State Line
  • Kephart
  • Old Route 33
  • Dictum Ridge
  • PLUS many more! Just check out the link above.
  • There are many Trails of The Blue Ridge Parkway, Look for them, read the Signs, Some of have gates. PM if you are looking for more that are not listed!

Jeepforum.com - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f327/central-va-metro-richmond-1184788/
Cherokeeforum.com - http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f42/central-va-metro-richmond-va-jeepers-96957/

See less See more
#4 ·
I know I've been looking alot recently. Driving around town etc.

I have one pretty good spot atm, but Itd be awesome to find more if anyone's got some.

#12 ·
I need to put up a map of the local Richmond Spots.

Care to share were this is :D

Whoa, RVA holla!

I probably stare at your alls jeeps as you drive past and didn't even think about this sub forum. Wave next time. 2011 WK2 - Inferno Red. I'd be down for a meet/greet sometime. Maybe Quaker State or something? We can pretend we're cool like the motorcycle guys that meet there.
I've probably seen a bunch of JF'ers before.

I live out in the Glen Allen Area, Innsbrook to be more exact.

if you see this jeep:

Honk, wave, get my attention! Yell if you got to!

#11 ·
Whoa, RVA holla!

I probably stare at your alls jeeps as you drive past and didn't even think about this sub forum. Wave next time. 2011 WK2 - Inferno Red. I'd be down for a meet/greet sometime. Maybe Quaker State or something? We can pretend we're cool like the motorcycle guys that meet there.

#43 ·
Whoa, RVA holla!

Hey now I am one of those motorcycle guys that meet their. And I am cool!! Ha Ha but yeah Im up for a meet whenever.

#14 ·
I've seen your Jeep in downtown once! She looked purdy :cool:

Edit: I took a look at your map and it's great! I saw you already have the spot I was talking about, named "Access Road". If I see anything really worthwhile in King William I'll let you guys know, and you can say whether it's close enough to you.

I'm back in the woods all the time to get from one road to another :) it makes my journeys a lot more fun. :wave:

#16 ·
'93 Jeep Wrangler YJ, it is TORN UP. She's loud n proud. You can sometimes see me around the river, both Belle Isle area and Northbank, but I got new housing in King William so you won't see me as often as you could have.

Times are rough and I can't keep up with all the work that she needs to pass inspection so I tend to stay near my place nowadays :wave:

#17 ·
I'm out in the doswell area but also drive a 93 yj black (currently no top and doors) to Lakeside everyday to work. Planning on putting some trails in at my house (just bought house on 7 acres)... I'm down for a meet and greet and a possible trip to shoe creek or gwnf soon

#18 ·
kdiacont2010 said:
I'm out in the doswell area but also drive a 93 yj black (currently no top and doors) to Lakeside everyday to work. Planning on putting some trails in at my house (just bought house on 7 acres)... I'm down for a meet and greet and a possible trip to shoe creek or gwnf soon
If you want help making trails, let me know! I will be more then glad to help! And me and another member are planning to go to shoe creek june 19th.

There is a shoe creek trip this weekend. It is also a trail cleanup. There is a thread about it.

But seriously if you want help making trails. Im so down.

#19 ·
XJsportG said:
If you want help making trails, let me know! I will be more then glad to help! And me and another member are planning to go to shoe creek june 19th.

There is a shoe creek trip this weekend. It is also a trail cleanup. There is a thread about it.

But seriously if you want help making trails. Im so down.
I saw the info on the trip this weekend but can't make it... 19th I might be down. My friend and brother in law might try to go too. Ill let you know when we get to making the trails but your more than welcome to help :)

#20 ·
THERE ARE NO LEGAL TRAILS IN THE RICHMOND AREA!!!!!!

the only legal trails are in gwnf and jefferson nat. forest.

please do not post maps of illegal trails, it doesn't look good for use guys who try to keep the sport alive.

not sure how the mods haven't caught a thread looking for illegal spots to wheel....................

#21 ·
THERE ARE NO LEGAL TRAILS IN THE RICHMOND AREA!!!!!!

the only legal trails are in gwnf and jefferson nat. forest.

please do not post maps of illegal trails, it doesn't look good for use guys who try to keep the sport alive.

not sure how the mods haven't caught a thread looking for illegal spots to wheel....................
Dude why don't you hop off my threads.

If your going to comment on them please make a smart reply and actually READ before you post.

And Just so you know... I posted this on THE VERY FIRST PAGE EVERY SINCE THE MAP WAS LINK!

XJsportG said:
/!\DISCLAIMER/!\\
This is just a map of known places that people go.

All of these ARE Private Property.

PLEASE,

Do NOT offroad here unless you have permission.
^^^^ See that there?

Yeah I'm not stupid.

GTFO

#23 ·
I'm on the southside off hugenot, but I'm always in midlothian where most of my family lives. I work at advance on broad street, me and my jeep are ALWAYS there. Wave if you see me, or feel free to stop by my work I always try to send some hook ups towards real jeepers way. Not to mention I'm down to wrench, and have a plethora of spare ZJ parts in my man cave.

Mine:

My brother:

#24 ·
Awesome ZJ's. I thought I recognized yours for a second. I saw one last night up in Short Pump, Looks pretty damn good though ;)

Richmond needs a meet n great sometime soon.

#25 ·
Absolutely. My brother and I tried to attend a Southside Jeeper meeting one time. They were very unwelcoming, and seemed to look down on us for being 'younger'. From what I can tell they're mostly older fellows that don't seem to like anything new.

A meet and greet is a great idea, once a month or so to go out for a drink, talk jeeps, and whatever would be awesome. Not to mention an organized trail run with more than just one other person. If you guys want to get it together I'd be happy to help set it up. Just need to make a date for a meet, and discuss how we want to run things.

If anyone's really serious about it PM me and we'll set up another thread.

#27 ·
Yeah I talked to my brother, and he's down. We just need to set a date in advance. Plan for mid-late june?

#30 ·
#36 ·
Did you guys ever decide on a meet and greet location? I live in the west end near Innsbrook, I have a 03 WJ just got my 32s and I am waiting to order my 3 inch lift from IRO today or tomorrow so I can put the tires on . I have two more friends in the area that have Wj's one is bone stock ( we are working on getting him a lift) the other has a BB with 31's on it. We were gonna start our own club up cuz we have some buddies in Northern Va (all close high school buddies), but always nice to meet locals in the area.

P.S. We are all in the age range of 29-31 but we still act like we are 21 when are ladies are not with us lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.