Blacksburg, VA Wheelin ???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Blacksburg, VA Wheelin ????

RCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
Benny2Times
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Blacksburg, VA Wheelin ????

Anyone know of anywhere to wheel in or around Blacksburg? I know of Shoe Creek but I am looking for something closer since I own some land out there now.

Benny2Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
KeepOnRollin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f327/anyone-near-blacksburg-va-552810/

I don't have my license yet (get it in February), but once I get it I'd love to get together with some people and go to wheeling.
KeepOnRollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
mjm4soccer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yup there are a few trails in the area here. Sorry I didn't see this post until now. Contact me if you are interested in going. I haven't been out for a while.
Couple of clubs in that area if you're interested.
nrvjeepclub.com
sc4wda.org
Red Jeep Club member #396
2004 Wrangler X
2 Inch Spacer Lift with Cooper STT 31x10.50s
CAGE Offroad Shocks and Rancho Steering Stabilizer
A to Z Fabrication Rear Bumper and Rocker Guards
Front Diff Cover and Steering Box skid.
mjm4soccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
troberts0034
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm a member of SC4WDA, you can check out our website for more info if you want. We usually don't just give out trail info due to some issues, but you're more than welcome to join in!
Unread 07-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
Benny2Times
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I actually own land out in McCoy. My property is right up on New River. I get out there when I can, but if there was a trail ride in some of those mountains I think I would have more of a reason to go. Do you guys mainly ride on private land?
Benny2Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2008, 05:31 PM   #6
troberts0034
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Bobcat is private land that turns into Nat'l Forrest land on top. Mountain Lake is Nat'l Forrest I believe and Potts Jeep Trail is also Nat'l Forrest. We make a few trips to places like Uwharrie Nat'l Forrest in NC and Black Mountain Offroad Park in Harlan, Ky. We've got a Memorial Trail Ride to Big Dogs Offroad in Winchester, Va later this month.

http://www.sc4wda.org.vt.edu/forums/...pic.php?t=1893
Unread 07-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #7
xxxflhrci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny2Times View Post
I actually own land out in McCoy. My property is right up on New River. I get out there when I can, but if there was a trail ride in some of those mountains I think I would have more of a reason to go. Do you guys mainly ride on private land?
Where is your place in McCoy? Is it one of the lots behind the locked gate across the tracks? Just wondering, it seems several different people own places there. My group of friends uses one lot for camping trips.

Anyway, Mountain Lake is close to McCoy and a nice trip thru the National Forest. I'd guess it is about 10 miles all the way thru from Mt. Lake to White Rocks.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.