Anyone A NOVA Jeeper? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Anyone A NOVA Jeeper?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 09-30-2011, 08:10 AM   #61
j0e
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just bought my first Jeep, a 2000 Wrangler Sport. It is stock now (aside from 31s) but not for long. I would still be down for a meet up though so keep this thread updated!

I am in Arlington BTW.

j0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 07:22 AM   #62
VirginJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok guys in Maryland there is a place called butlers orchard that you can go and rent a part of a field and they will setup a bonfire, you can bring grills, beer, throw a football and best of all drive your vehicle right up and park. It's right at the edge of Damascus, MD and Germantown, MD. There has got to be something like that in northern Virginia. I'm doing some research into it, anyone have thoughts about this for a meetup?
VirginJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 08:43 AM   #63
j0e
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds awesome ^ also isn't too far from me.
j0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 05:09 AM   #64
BigRigoTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Would love to have a meet and great and or trail ride.
Unread 10-31-2011, 11:41 AM   #65
Hemiwk05
2005 WK 

Lookin for some srt8 rims-- yes im a nova jeeper.
Unread 11-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #66
BarryB
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyc View Post
I think we should have a get together somewhere around NOVA and discuss getting on some trails together! and it would be cool to see like 15 jeeps parked in a line together lol.
I'm new to Jeeps. Had a 1990 XJ many years ago, stock, and it was a heap.

Got a very clean 1997 (See below) that is getting bumpers, 6.5 " of lift, rims. All that is done, waiting on a couple trans lines. Next step is lockers front/rear.

Anyway, meet-n-greet would be cool just for the parking lot photos....

I'm in Fredericksburg, Va.

Barry

STOCK (was), mod pics coming soon....

BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #67
joeyc
2011 JK Wrangler 

I bought my wrangler at chrylser, dodge, jeep in Rockville. Is that "darcars" close by! Lol!
2011 2dr Natural Green | 1.5" Teraflex Leveling Kit | Unlimited Springs | SkyJacker Hydro Shocks | 295/70/17 Trail Grapplers | 17" Rubi Rims Painted Carbon | 1.5" Spidertrax Spacer | Bed Lined Tub | RR Mirror Relocations | Manual Transmission | Soft Top | Gutter Guard Grill | Painted Grill | Smoked Turn Signals | Front and Rear diff Covers in Blue | Extended Breather Hoses | Customs Bumper
joeyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 12:10 AM   #68
brunkhorse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hey guys didn't mean to hijack but I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I will be visiting my friend this weekend in Manasass and would like to do some offroading. Did a bit of research and have been reading a lot about the GWNF. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any information as to a decent trail to go on. None of the Jeeps I am riding with are stock so the more challenging the better! Directions or GPS coordinates would be awesome. Thanks in advance! I signed up for the NOVA forum and am awaiting approval I hope to get more information from there.
brunkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #69
VirginJeeper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My understanding is that there are NO trails in GWNF as the State of Maryland Voted that they stop ORV's from driving in national parks. Really Roush creek and the Massanutten (spelling) area are all that is left around here. I think if someone opened a Roush creek in Virginia they would be millionaires.
VirginJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #70
brunkhorse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginJeeper View Post
My understanding is that there are NO trails in GWNF as the State of Maryland Voted that they stop ORV's from driving in national parks. Really Roush creek and the Massanutten (spelling) area are all that is left around here. I think if someone opened a Roush creek in Virginia they would be millionaires.
I am asking about GWNF in Virginia. I'm pretty sure they have trails they even have it as a recreation on their website. Unfortunately I'm not too sure about the difficulty of the trails. I'm looking for something a bit challenging. Don't wanna be in 2wd the whole way haha.
Unread 11-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #71
stoneytj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

gwnf in harrisonburg va has a few trails to offer, the most popular is "flagpole", there is also second mountain.

if you want a quick fun trail check out the petersmill/tasklers gap ohv area in edinburg va, it only an hour from manassas. there is a $10 permit fee thou for that trail.

the other gwnf trails are free to run. I would advise against going out there with out someone who has run the trail before, its very easy to get turned around and end up in west virginia. flagpole will take a few hours to run and has two obstacles that can be a big challenge for a stock height rig. the stair step will give a lifted rig issues in the rain or if its wet.

there are a few nova jeepers heading down to shoe creek this weekend for a small ride. its alot more hardcore then gwnf but a fun trail.

build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...1/#post8930381
stoneytj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #72
brunkhorse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

How far is shoe creek from manasass? I was reading about all these trails online. I watched some YouTube videos and dictum trail seems the most interesting. The jeeps I will be rolling with are pretty built so the more challebing the better. I'm interested in shoe creek if its close enough
Unread 11-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #73
stoneytj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

dictums is closed...... it's been gated for a few months now. the exit was to close to private property and jackholes tearing up the land owners property got it shut down.

it's about 1.5 to 2 hours from manassas

oh and fair warning there is no legal wheeling outside of gwnf, big dogs(only during big dog events), big boys play ground(harrisonburg, mostly mud holes) and crozet.

build thread
Unread 11-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #74
stoneytj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

remember everyone check out novajeepers.net

we have members ALL over the state and have fairly regular meet and greets and trail rides.

we also have members discount at alot of vendors everyone loves jeep cheaper jeep parts.

build thread
Unread 11-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #75
brunkhorse
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Do you have GPS coordinates for the trail head at Flagpole? We will probably end up running that or Peter Mills/Taskers Gap. How long does Peter Mills/Taskers Gap take to run? Any interesting/challenging obstacles? According to mapquest Shoe Creek is close to 3 hours from Manasass. Way too long of a drive considering I'll be driving down from NY already.

I tried contacting the number at Big Boy's Playground but he's not picking up or returning my calls. Oh well not too big on mud anyway. I also would have posted on novajeepers.net but I haven't been approved for membership yet plus I doubt I'll be doing much posting there after this weekend.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.