Anyone near Blacksburg, Va? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Anyone near Blacksburg, Va?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 04-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
sdodge
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone near Blacksburg, Va?

I just recently got a 92 2.5L YJ, looking to do some casual/moderate off roading(only have 28'' tires, no suspension lift, pretty much all stock), and some serious learning. I'd love to know of some spots around the NRV area that I could try out!

sdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 05:13 PM   #2
xxxflhrci

Several of us are in the area.

Two common spots are Bobcat and Mountain Lake. Bobcat has one entrance off of Glade Road and the other off of 460 at the top of Brush Mountain. Mountain Lake is just over the mountain on 460, about 10 miles from Blacksburg.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
sdodge
1992 YJ Wrangler 

awesome. i live on glade road right now, and i've been up to mountain lake a few times, once on a trail to wind rock in my friend's tacoma, it was fun but i can't remember how 'off road' it was
sdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
xxxflhrci

Mountain Lake is pretty easy when it is dry. During a rainy period, it gets a little tougher.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.