Anyone going to crozet soon? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Anyone going to crozet soon?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor Bellypan

Unread 06-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
SpotsyTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone going to crozet soon?

Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone is going to be making a trip to crozet in the upcoming weekends? Im from Fredericksburg and would like to make a trip up there. I know the area ok but not sure of the exact location.

SpotsyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 03:13 AM   #2
b0b11
2006 LJ Wrangler 

you cant just "go" to crozet.
it is members only, and they are making some changes right now.

keep checking for announcements.

http://rcpfa.com/index.php
b0b11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
SpotsyTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I know there are fees and open weekends. I was thinking of joining because its close to home and from what I heard its a nice trail.
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
VTJeePTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Crozet is a great place and terrific wheeling. However, as mentioned above, it's a member area and they are in the midst of working through some things with the county there at the moment. Best to keep an eye on the link already posted for updates on how everything is progressing, as that is the best place for accurate information from the land owners themselves, board of directors, etc.
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
VTJeePTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would also recommend to check out big dogs offroad events in gore, VA. Fantastic trails and a great time in general. Probably 2 hours or less from you. Check out www.bigdogsoffroad.com for dates of events. It's pay to play and pay to camp so it can be a bit pricey but the property is huge and the trails are anything from mild to nuts.
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
SpotsyTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I was checking out Big Dogs and was wondering, Are they only open on event weekends?
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
VTJeePTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, big dogs is only open for wheeling during events but it is a GREAT time
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #8
Tippyman
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Up at Crozet, we're working on a new property that's right next door to the old one. There were some issues with the old lease, but we have been busy clearing old logging trails.

Matter of fact, we were out chainsawing all yesterday and there's another crew out there today!

Check out RCPFA.com.
Tippyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 01:07 AM   #9
EpsilonxSigma
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Despite living in Charlottesville, I'm not too familiar with the Crozet scene. However, I have heard great things about that club area out around Lovingston. The same area will host the Interlocken Festival in September. Anybody know anything about that place? Sorry for the hijack, but it may benefit us all
EpsilonxSigma is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.