Any trails near me? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Any trails near me?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
jeep11484
2014 JK Wrangler 

Any trails near me?

My jeep will be ready to take off road in a couple weeks and my wife and I are looking for some trails near us that would be good to go to. We are in Charlottesville, VA. We are newer to this area. Anybody know where we can go?

jeep11484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
lathan888
1993 XJ Cherokee 

you are right there where they held camp jeep! There are lots of trails out your way. There is a trail out by sherando lake park as well as several in the george washington natl forest. check the state parks sites and look for trails easy/close to you
Owner of a 1 owner 93 XJ county trim, 4.0, AT, 8.25 rear and 3.5 gears. It has goodies like pw/pl, cc, tilt, cd changer, keyless entry, rear wiper and defrost...overall a nice old jeep, my fifth owning previous wanglers and commander
[/COLOR] also own/restored a 1972 Pontiac Lemans GT originally owned by my grandmom....39k original miles.
my 72 pontiac musclecar
lathan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 03:54 AM   #3
BRAY6
2002 TJ Wrangler 

George Washington National Forest is your best bet.
Do a search on here for Shoe Creek and Big Levels.
Those are two trails not to far away.
Unread 09-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
Jwood621
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah there's no legal places to wheel in charlottesville unless you know a land owner but if your up for a hours dirve the GWNF is a great place to go.
Jwood621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 09:41 AM   #5
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep11484 View Post
My jeep will be ready to take off road in a couple weeks and my wife and I are looking for some trails near us that would be good to go to. We are in Charlottesville, VA. We are newer to this area. Anybody know where we can go?
Im moving to Farmville next monday, so I don't know the area either. PM me if you would be interested in checking out some trails...

Originally Posted by Durt_Diver:
Those pics might be a little too flexy for this thread. You don't happen to have any pics of your friends xj on a curb by chance?
XtrailratedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 10:33 AM   #6
Jwood621
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrailratedJ View Post
Im moving to Farmville next monday, so I don't know the area either. PM me if you would be interested in checking out some trails...
Farmville? What in the heck brings you from Tampa FL to Farmville VA?
Unread 09-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #7
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWall621 View Post
Farmville? What in the heck brings you from Tampa FL to Farmville VA?
I hate the big city thing. I'm ready to slow things down a bit. I got a counseling position at an outdoor treatment center (recreational therapy). I'll be living outside, getting paid to camp, and make a difference at the same time. Plus they are going to pay for my grad school.

I have my Psychology BS and I'm planning on doing the Sociology/Criminology MS program at Longwood University Lynchburg campus. Eventually, I want to be an prison inmate therapist and also develop and test new reform programs.

Those pics might be a little too flexy for this thread. You don't happen to have any pics of your friends xj on a curb by chance?
Unread 09-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #8
Jwood621
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrailratedJ View Post
I hate the big city thing. I'm ready to slow things down a bit. I got a counseling position at an outdoor treatment center (recreational therapy). I'll be living outside, getting paid to camp, and make a difference at the same time. Plus they are going to pay for my grad school.

I have my Psychology BS and I'm planning on doing the Sociology/Criminology MS program at Longwood University Lynchburg campus. Eventually, I want to be an prison inmate therapist and also develop and test new reform programs.
Right on. Hit me up when you get settled, the trails are waiting.
Unread 09-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #9
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWall621 View Post
Right on. Hit me up when you get settled, the trails are waiting.
Did I mention they have a vo-tech program as well? Full garage, 10 ton lift, full air tools, arc welder, mig welder all that I'm hoping I'll be able to use on my time off.

Definately will

Unread 09-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #10
jeep11484
2014 JK Wrangler 

Stonewall: I actually live near Stanardsville and I am not real far from GWNF. Could you give me any directions on where to go and where to wheel. I would like to go somewhere that is a semi easy b/c my wife has never been off road in a Jeep. She has been ATV riding with me many times but is a little nervous. Any help would be great. Thanks
Unread 09-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #11
Jwood621
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep11484 View Post
Stonewall: I actually live near Stanardsville and I am not real far from GWNF. Could you give me any directions on where to go and where to wheel. I would like to go somewhere that is a semi easy b/c my wife has never been off road in a Jeep. She has been ATV riding with me many times but is a little nervous. Any help would be great. Thanks
pm sent, there's a lot of trails really close to here.
Unread 09-11-2008, 08:17 PM   #12
Lifesgoodhere

Shoe Creek

Big levels Jeep trail system (when the gates open)

Walnut creek park (not 100% sure)

Crozet (need to pay $$)

some on far western virginia (just off rt 33)

Some trails around Lynchburg, Roanoke, Brownsburg, and more.

Need I go on??
*The Homestretch ---- Finishing the Hammer. It's on!!
Lifesgoodhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #13
Lifesgoodhere

Oh yeah I have been on most of these trails mountain biking before. Some like big levels gets intense, shoe creek is fun, very mild, my rav4 with 30s can do it, bypassing the obstacles of course (so skid plates). im a hour north from Roanoke on 81. In case you want to know
*The Homestretch ---- Finishing the Hammer. It's on!!
Lifesgoodhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2008, 06:19 AM   #14
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What trails are near Lynchburg?

Unread 09-12-2008, 06:15 PM   #15
jeep11484
2014 JK Wrangler 

How do you get to Shoe Creek. Directions would be great if anyone knows. Also, any direction or route that you could suggest?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.