Any Jeepers Or Trails Around Hampton Roads? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-29-2008, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
todlich
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Any Jeepers Or Trails Around Hampton Roads?

Are there any trails around the Hampton Roads area? Or events/groups/get-togethers? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-29-2008, 09:16 PM
olds442

1999 XJ Cherokee 

there are a few groups in the area, http://clubs.jeepforum.com/State/Virginia/
You arent going to find any trails around here, gonna have to head out west into the mountains, there's also a place in NC not too far from here. My club is based more in northern va even though i live down here, but good group of guys and we have cookouts occasionally and camping trips often. Hit our forum up and say whats up maybe you can make a trip or come out to a BBQ

Family Wheelin...
Dad- '08 JK Rubicon- Stock, BB and 33s coming
Sister- '07 FJ Cruiser- Rear locker, BFG A/Ts
VT
post #3 of 8 Old 10-29-2008, 09:37 PM
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Some of the local clubs are VB Jeeps Offroad and the Tidewater Four Wheelers.

I don't belong to any per-se, but me and a few friends make plans ourselves for trips to Uwharrie National Forest in NC. It's about 5 hours away.

If you can make it, Nov 7-9 me and a friend are making a run to UNF for the last trip this year(Uwharrie closes from Dec to April).

Here's the invitation thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/uwharrie-trip-nov-7-9-one-campsite-left-623982/

SOLDThe lumbering steel-laden pig - 2003 TJ - 40" LTBs - D60/D70HD - 5.86s - Detroit lockers - 110" wheelbase

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
post #4 of 8 Old 10-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Motorcharge
Bandeded

the apartments im in now in richmond used to have a nice little 2 mile or so trail behind them. the apartments were built like 3 years ago and they had cleared a nice little trail out in the woods behind them in preparation for new houses and everything, but since they started construction on them about 6 months ago I don't know of anything between here and the beach area. I know a couple places in NC but thats about it.

|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|SOLD|
| June 2015 COTM |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-30-2008, 02:54 PM
ToMchFn
2004 TJ Wrangler 

the only trails i know of are out west in the mountains such as george washington national forest and i have heard of a few in NC. if you find out of any others specially if they are closer let me know i have wanted to go i have never been on a trail yet.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-30-2008, 03:03 PM
olds442

1999 XJ Cherokee 

getting to the trails isnt that far away, 2-3 hours depending on which spot.

Family Wheelin...
Dad- '08 JK Rubicon- Stock, BB and 33s coming
Sister- '07 FJ Cruiser- Rear locker, BFG A/Ts
VT
post #7 of 8 Old 10-31-2008, 08:26 PM
IronManVa
I AM IRON MAN

2004 TJ Wrangler 

may be going to Crozet in charlottesville next weekend check out www.kmaoffroad.com if you are near VaBeach

2004 Overland 4" KOR/IRO Long Arms
2004 Rubicon 6.5" RK X-Factor LA on 35" KM2s 488s Tom Woods & plenty of BTF Armor ORO U-Turn system
1995 Jeep Orvis 4.0 3" Rancho

Virginia Beach ...
Off season Jeeper Deals
post #8 of 8 Old 11-01-2008, 08:42 AM
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Are you on the Penninsula or Southside?

Our club "Middle Penninsula Jeep Assoc Inc"(MPJAI) is in Newport News. We have Coffee Run "get togethers" every Saturday. We also do monthly wheeling trips. I think we're going to hit a local Jeep dealership obstacle course in a couple weeks. It's a lot of fun. The course has stuff easy enough for stock vehicles and tough enough to challenge well-built rigs.

http://www.mpjai.com/phpBB2/index.php

'80 CJ5 w/AMC360, T176, D44 w/Detroit 4.56, RE 4" YJ lift and 35s..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.