Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Another Shoe Creek run

13K views 186 replies 25 participants last post by  Kevin108 
#1 ·
i've been saving up and working all summer so i haven't had time to do any wheeling at all. really trying to get up to Shoe Creek of SOMEWHERE before Old Dominion starts back up again. i just ordered seats and MTZs from Nick at Kolak. awesome guy btw.

anyways, i'm looking to have my seats, tires, and bumper here by the end of the month but i'm really hoping they will be in by the week of the 17th. so if anyone is looking to head up and wheel, please get in contact with me. i've got a 2 and 4 door JK looking to come in addition to my Rubicon.

i know its quite a bit of notice, but i have 2 jobs and i'm trying to correlate time off with the other 2 guys in my group. but by all means- the more, the merrier. if there is a good number of ppl wanting to go, we can talk about a date for the trip. any takers?

#2 ·
I'm in for a run. Just let me know when you all settle on a date and I'll see if I can make it! I know the weeks of July 17th -August 1st I won't be able to make anything but if it is outside of those dates I'll do my best! Have a new set up that I'm itching to test out!

#7 ·
yeah, i live on the last road in VA and commute to ODU everyday. this is my last week of summer interning so i'll mall crawl and stuff whenever. just heard there is gonna be a run to Corolla this saturday. i usually try to not wheel too hard during the school year in case something breaks. it is my daily warrior after all. :D

and to Smeg, i'm planning on heading up early in the morning so i get there around noonish so we won't have to rush to the top. planning on camping at the top and heading down the next morning. if anyone has been up there a few times, your input is welcome. last time i went up was a year ago with a 2 inch BB on my 4 cyl and i did alright. we went like halfway up and had to come down before the sun set and stayed in a hotel.

#14 ·
no worries. im really laid back. just trying to meet up with any kinda jeeps to wheel with. haha at least this gets the local jeepers together.

still no parts when i got home. :thumbdown: i'll put my phone number up here just in case anyone wants to hang out. i'm getting done with the internship tomorrow so i'll be free to swap parts or do whatever pretty soon. im pretty sure the JKs and me are still going to Corolla Saturday. if some of the Cherokees wanna let me in on when you're going, maybe we can listen to the JKs brag about how their stuff isn't paid off yet. haha i don't feel bad saying that bc my brother is one of them. :laugh:

#17 ·
Just a heads up:
Slick Rock is ILLEGAL.
Wheel responsibly.
I was up there a few months ago, met the USFS LEO's, and they were LIVID with seeing how people are tearing up trails.

FWIW: I'd look at Big Levels to camp. It's only 20 minutes from the north end, I never see people there (a few backpackers sometimes), and the views are 1000x better.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f327/virginia-trails-1202101/

#19 ·
I know a few of the Richmond Locals are looking to do a trail ride soon. The 6th is my birthday!!! What is Coralla?? North carolina beaches?? Im tryin to get out to the mountains.

#20 ·
My brother and I are interested in doing a shoe creek/big levels run late august early September.

#25 ·
Another trail near Shoe Creek. I'm looking to make this run with you guys too. I've done Shoe Creek once but that's as far as my XJ has been. I'm hoping to have some better tires by then. We'll see how the side work shakes out.

#26 ·
Shoe Creek is Great for a Quick Day Run, But if you want something that will last a full day or maybe a weekend. Big Levels is the place to go.

Check out the Link in my sig for the Central VA sticky. There is a map at the bottom. Shoe Creek & Big Levels is on the map.

#27 ·
I've one shoe creek a handful of times, but never big levels. My birthday is Aug. 25th that would be a nice excuse to get out of work for that weekend.

#28 ·
ok, looks like we've got a good bit of interest in this. as per XJsportG stated, Shoe Creek would be a good day trip. i'm up for that, but if more people wanna do Big Levels, i'd go for that instead. anyone wanna take a vote? still no parts. LoD SWEARS my bumper will be here next week at the latest. still waiting on tires and seats. mainly the tires for the trip. possible trip to Corolla this Sunday if anyone is down this way. i'll go if anyone else wants to. let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.