Another Shoe Creek run - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > Another Shoe Creek run

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 07-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
adams01jeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Another Shoe Creek run

i've been saving up and working all summer so i haven't had time to do any wheeling at all. really trying to get up to Shoe Creek of SOMEWHERE before Old Dominion starts back up again. i just ordered seats and MTZs from Nick at Kolak. awesome guy btw.

anyways, i'm looking to have my seats, tires, and bumper here by the end of the month but i'm really hoping they will be in by the week of the 17th. so if anyone is looking to head up and wheel, please get in contact with me. i've got a 2 and 4 door JK looking to come in addition to my Rubicon.

i know its quite a bit of notice, but i have 2 jobs and i'm trying to correlate time off with the other 2 guys in my group. but by all means- the more, the merrier. if there is a good number of ppl wanting to go, we can talk about a date for the trip. any takers?

adams01jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #2
Coop02x
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in for a run. Just let me know when you all settle on a date and I'll see if I can make it! I know the weeks of July 17th -August 1st I won't be able to make anything but if it is outside of those dates I'll do my best! Have a new set up that I'm itching to test out!
Unread 07-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
adams01jeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

that works. LoD is shipping my bumper out this week so that will be ready too. wanna shoot for the weekend of the 13th of August? the other 2 guys in my group are doing a JK thing up at Rausch Creek the weekend of the 6th so we can't go then.
Unread 07-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Smeg
2006 TJ Wrangler 

day trip or weekend trip?

You mentioned ODU, you near there or move in for the school year?
I might be interested.
Unread 07-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Are you bringing your Jeep down while you're at school?
Unread 07-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
Red82
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I wish I could make it. I've already got some time off in August. But if you want to mall crawl while youre in school give us a shout out!
Red82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
adams01jeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

yeah, i live on the last road in VA and commute to ODU everyday. this is my last week of summer interning so i'll mall crawl and stuff whenever. just heard there is gonna be a run to Corolla this saturday. i usually try to not wheel too hard during the school year in case something breaks. it is my daily warrior after all.

and to Smeg, i'm planning on heading up early in the morning so i get there around noonish so we won't have to rush to the top. planning on camping at the top and heading down the next morning. if anyone has been up there a few times, your input is welcome. last time i went up was a year ago with a 2 inch BB on my 4 cyl and i did alright. we went like halfway up and had to come down before the sun set and stayed in a hotel.
Unread 07-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #8
Red82
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Another group I'm a part of is heading to Cadillac on the 6th. You're more than welcome to join us!
Unread 07-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #9
XJsportG
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red82 View Post
Another group I'm a part of is heading to Cadillac on the 6th. You're more than welcome to join us!
Where/What is Cadillac?

and I'd be up for a Shoe Creek or Big Levels Run which is really close to shoe creek.

Virginia
PM me for Maps and GPS Coordinates!
XJsportG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #10
Red82
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Haha. Stupid auto correct on my phone. Carolla is where we're headed
Its an xj group but all 4x4s are welcome.
Unread 07-12-2011, 10:41 PM   #11
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Wait, you've built a local XJ group!?
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #12
Red82
1997 XJ Cherokee 

No its another forum but a couple of us have talked about creating a local Cherokee group. Would be open to xjs mjs and grand Cherokees. Should we have a meet and greet to talk about starting this?
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #13
Red82
1997 XJ Cherokee 

oh and I apologize to the op for derailng this.
Unread 07-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #14
adams01jeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red82 View Post
oh and I apologize to the op for derailng this.
no worries. im really laid back. just trying to meet up with any kinda jeeps to wheel with. haha at least this gets the local jeepers together.

still no parts when i got home. i'll put my phone number up here just in case anyone wants to hang out. i'm getting done with the internship tomorrow so i'll be free to swap parts or do whatever pretty soon. im pretty sure the JKs and me are still going to Corolla Saturday. if some of the Cherokees wanna let me in on when you're going, maybe we can listen to the JKs brag about how their stuff isn't paid off yet. haha i don't feel bad saying that bc my brother is one of them.
Unread 07-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #15
Red82
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Hahaha my group is going August 6th. One of my buddies in his JK is going too. The trip is really just open to all 4wd vehicles we're just on an XJ, MJ, and Grand Cherokee specific forum.

Anybody up for mall crawling on Tuesday?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.