About to accept a job in Arlington, VA... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > About to accept a job in Arlington, VA...

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 11-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Altonymous
Ol' Beard

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Question About to accept a job in Arlington, VA...

So I'm from Raleigh, NC and I am about to accept a job with a company in Arlington, VA. I will be able to work remotely and continue to live on Raleigh, NC. Down here we have Uwharrie National Forest to do some rock crawling. Because I plan to make some trips up there every so often, I'd like to take the Jeep and do some crawling and camping on the weekend while up there.

So my question is, where?

Altonymous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

West into the mountains. There's a sticky up top with legal trails and their locations on it. There's nothing in Alexandria but stuck up rich DC run off.
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
Altonymous
Ol' Beard

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge
West into the mountains. There's a sticky up top with legal trails and their locations on it. There's nothing in Alexandria but stuck up rich DC run off.
Wish I could up vote this.. That's part of why I didn't want to move there and I'm setting up an office for them down here.
Unread 11-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Pretty much everything east of Winchester and north of Fredericksburg is Southern DC. You couldn't pay me to live in any of it.
Unread 11-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge
Pretty much everything east of Winchester and north of Fredericksburg is Southern DC. You couldn't pay me to live in any of it.
I won't go back voluntarily... I'm still refusing to pay VA's luxury I tax on my jeep. They claim thy since I didn't notify them that I moved, I still owe them.

They did reveal that they're gonna garnish my wages from a company I worked for 7 years ago!

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
Altonymous
Ol' Beard

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah I turned down the job when they asked me to move up there. But they countered with allowing me to stay in NC and setup an office for them here. Is till want to find a good route that will take me past some rocks to crawl when I have to visit the HQs.
Unread 11-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
I won't go back voluntarily... I'm still refusing to pay VA's luxury I tax on my jeep. They claim thy since I didn't notify them that I moved, I still owe them.

They did reveal that they're gonna garnish my wages from a company I worked for 7 years ago!

Sent from my TJ
If you think that's bad just be glad you weren't living in NoVA.
Unread 11-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #8
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like a good deal, congrats. Unfortunately Arlington is still 3.5 hours south of Rausch Creek off-road park.

I work in DC.. Ugh.
Unread 11-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #9
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawler510 View Post
Sounds like a good deal, congrats. Unfortunately Arlington is still 3.5 hours south of Rausch Creek off-road park.

I work in DC.. Ugh.
Yeah, but it's only 90 minutes to Big Dogs and 2 hours to plenty of other legal OHV trails in the mountains.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.