15min. roanoke - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Virginia Jeep Forum > 15min. roanoke

Bilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 01-24-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
jeepercreeper99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Tj 15min. roanoke

Does anyone know any trails near and around roanoke, not much further than 15min. we dont have much gas, but wanna do a little somethin tomorow! Dont be afraid to list anything even things only 5min. long! Thanks.

jeepercreeper99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
krishl
2009 JK Wrangler 

I'll chime in, though your planned day is already in the past. I don't have a jeep, but I have done a lot of dual-sport motorcycle riding in the Roanoke area. Get on 311 at Hanging Rock near Exit 141 of I-81. Drive north about 11 miles, turn right on Wildlife Road, a good forest road that goes about 8-9 miles and then connects to Broad Run. Left on Broad Run takes you back to 311 with several open fords, right on Broad Run eventually gets you to Haymakertown.
krishl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
Soldierfoley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

If you just want to splash in the mud, you can go on the hill across the street from the truck stom in troutville. just get on 604 like you are heading back to roanoke and turn left at the top of the hill, it is a little dirt road witth a lot of washed out mud and gravel. On top of the hill is a good mud pit. I like to stop there on my way home from work for some de-stressing once in a while.
4x4.jpg  
Soldierfoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
Soldierfoley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I found another trail in Montvale while looking at the Star city crawlers' page. If you take a left at the montvale police station and follow that road all the way out, it will turn to gravel and then to dirt and then to some bumpy rocks. The only real challenge is going slow enough to keep parts from falling off your rig, but it is a nice ride. You will go all the way across the mountain (under a Parkway bridge) and pop out in Buchanan near Nace. Fun little ride and takes about 2-3 hours if you take your time. Maybe an hour if you hurry.
Soldierfoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
Hvingaball
2011 JK Wrangler 

Bobbitts Gap- I really understand what was meant by going slow enough to keep your rig together, but the trip was fun. My daughter laughed when a bicycle passed us...lol
Hvingaball is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.