Wheeling In Toledo Ohio? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Wheeling In Toledo Ohio?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #1
ArcherAce
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wheeling In Toledo Ohio?

Anyone ever been to this area off Airport Highway in Toledo Ohio?

It's right off Crissy road, to Geiser, down Porter road a little bit until you dead end into a trail that follows the railroad tracks. If you start here on Porter, you can see the road end and the trail begin. Zoom out a click, then grab the map and scroll right to left to follow the trail. You can tell people have been back there riding. It doesn't look like much, but that's what I'm after. Just a little something to take the kid through.

Here's an aerial shot.

I went partway down the trail today, but there was alot of standing water. I didn't know what I was getting into, so I didn't venture back to the trails. With the exception of my 7 year old, I was by myself. I didn't want to risk getting stuck in the freezing rain with just the boy for help.

ArcherAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
killas1mo
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Id be able to go check it out with you sometime after I get out of work. I work near Airport and Reynolds and get out of work about 4pm. I also have straps, a winch, and snorkel so water isnt that big of a problem. As long as its not against the law to be on that land I'm game. Send me a PM with your number if you would like.

Brandt
Milemarker PE 8000 winch
Aussie in D30, damn D35 out back (8.8 time!)

Last edited by killas1mo; 12-11-2008 at 09:37 PM..
killas1mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
ArcherAce
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure if it's legal to be back there. I was hoping someone else would be familiar with the area. The place looks heavily wheeled. Maybe they don't care if you're back there?
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
Mezeron
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds ok

I went back there a couple days ago and there are a few people that go there i ran into a couple people with ATV they said CSX owns the land. I also talked to the guy who owns the last house on that street he said he sees people go back there all the time the few people that i ran into said that your not suppose to be back there but they have been going there for a ling time, there were 3 trucks and 3 ATV there at the time i guess csx doesn't care and if they did i'm sure it would have been blocked off by now just don't go back there by yourself or if you do make sure you can get out there isen't a lot of big trees to wrap a cable around for the first run in. so safe wheeling!
Mezeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2014, 03:10 PM   #5
Muddratt
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I know this is an old post but i'm going out to the area this saturday if anyone wants to join me. We have 4 jeeps heading out there as of right now
Muddratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #6
ArcherAce
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Damn I have to work. Let us know how it goes.
OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Aerodynamics are overrated
Unread 06-26-2014, 07:03 AM   #7
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Last time I was back in there we got chased out.
Good luck, its private land

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.