Wheeling In Toledo Ohio? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Wheeling In Toledo Ohio?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
ArcherAce
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wheeling In Toledo Ohio?

Anyone ever been to this area off Airport Highway in Toledo Ohio?

It's right off Crissy road, to Geiser, down Porter road a little bit until you dead end into a trail that follows the railroad tracks. If you start here on Porter, you can see the road end and the trail begin. Zoom out a click, then grab the map and scroll right to left to follow the trail. You can tell people have been back there riding. It doesn't look like much, but that's what I'm after. Just a little something to take the kid through.

Here's an aerial shot.

I went partway down the trail today, but there was alot of standing water. I didn't know what I was getting into, so I didn't venture back to the trails. With the exception of my 7 year old, I was by myself. I didn't want to risk getting stuck in the freezing rain with just the boy for help.

ArcherAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
killas1mo
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Id be able to go check it out with you sometime after I get out of work. I work near Airport and Reynolds and get out of work about 4pm. I also have straps, a winch, and snorkel so water isnt that big of a problem. As long as its not against the law to be on that land I'm game. Send me a PM with your number if you would like.

Brandt
Milemarker PE 8000 winch
Aussie in D30, damn D35 out back (8.8 time!)

Last edited by killas1mo; 12-11-2008 at 10:37 PM..
killas1mo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #3
ArcherAce
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure if it's legal to be back there. I was hoping someone else would be familiar with the area. The place looks heavily wheeled. Maybe they don't care if you're back there?
Unread 05-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
Mezeron
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds ok

I went back there a couple days ago and there are a few people that go there i ran into a couple people with ATV they said CSX owns the land. I also talked to the guy who owns the last house on that street he said he sees people go back there all the time the few people that i ran into said that your not suppose to be back there but they have been going there for a ling time, there were 3 trucks and 3 ATV there at the time i guess csx doesn't care and if they did i'm sure it would have been blocked off by now just don't go back there by yourself or if you do make sure you can get out there isen't a lot of big trees to wrap a cable around for the first run in. so safe wheeling!
Mezeron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #5
Muddratt
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I know this is an old post but i'm going out to the area this saturday if anyone wants to join me. We have 4 jeeps heading out there as of right now
Muddratt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 01:26 PM   #6
ArcherAce
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Damn I have to work. Let us know how it goes.
OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Aerodynamics are overrated
Unread 06-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #7
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Last time I was back in there we got chased out.
Good luck, its private land
Unread 08-31-2014, 09:43 PM   #8
derekroth91
1998 ZJ 

I go out there pretty regularly. Cops will come if people get to rowdy and will post up at the entrance on holidays or if there huge parties, like closer to 30 or 40 trucks
derekroth91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2014, 10:59 PM   #9
ArcherAce
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What's the best day to go? Weekends I assume.
OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 09-02-2014, 03:27 PM   #10
derekroth91
1998 ZJ 

Saturdays and Fridays but sometimes me and some friends go out during the week. There's typically someone out there on the weekends. Big fire pit in the back that people meet up at
derekroth91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #11
Honestabe86
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Look for someone to head out to this spot and check it out with me PM me for contact info!
Honestabe86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #12
Amcxjkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

My buddys dads gf owns some of that property and I guess there's a stuck Durango that's been stuck for a few years and is paying my buddys and I to get it out of there. It is on his land we have confirmed. About to head out there in a little bit to check it out. There's another sand pit down the road past the airport I used to go ride my fourwheeler at but haven't been there in awhile.
Amcxjkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #13
Amcxjkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

But I would love to meet some of you guys out there to have some fun! I want to get a group together to go to bundy hill also
Unread 10-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #14
ArcherAce
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Bundy hill is a blast
OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Unread 10-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #15
Amcxjkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Haven't been there yet, just got back from the place you guys were talking about and pretty sure we passed some guys that had just came from there, stock wrangler and a lifted wrangler. But anyway I almost got stuck when you first get off the road. Was able to floor my way out and drove around a lot of the place. It was a blast, trying to get some guys together to go this weekend, although we did not find the Durango.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.