Wheeling northeastern ohio - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Wheeling northeastern ohio

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-15-2011, 05:54 AM   #16
00xjclassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb1982 View Post
hey guys I just bought a jeep on sunday this is my winter project plan on having it done for spring. I have wheeled trucks before but never a jeep im a noob when it comes to jeeps. Im in twinsburg
Cool! What did you buy and what are your plans for it?

00xjclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #17
XJ-JekL
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

I'm also a bit of a noob here myself. Very new to offroading, but I am an aspiring mechanic, and I love RWD and 4x4's. I think an XJ is the perfect first Jeep for me, (the '95 is actually my 2nd, long story :

Me and the Jeep are based in Cleveland. She's stock for now, big plans for tax time. Should have $800+ to put towards her
XJ-JekL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #18
XJ-JekL
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannagojeep View Post
www.neo4x4.com check us out we go wheeling atleast once a month as a group. A few of us go more often and go more places, but we have skill levels from beginners on up. Hope to see you on a trail soon!
You Like this.
Unread 12-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #19
bobbykn

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-JekL
I'm also a bit of a noob here myself. Very new to offroading, but I am an aspiring mechanic, and I love RWD and 4x4's. I think an XJ is the perfect first Jeep for me, (the '95 is actually my 2nd, long story :

Me and the Jeep are based in Cleveland. She's stock for now, big plans for tax time. Should have $800+ to put towards her
What plans you have for it? I started with a stock TJ and put a few things on it so far in like 3 months, when I bought it.
bobbykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #20
XJ-JekL
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbykn View Post
What plans you have for it? I started with a stock TJ and put a few things on it so far in like 3 months, when I bought it.
Thanks for asking!

I need new floor pans. Gunna do frame stiffeners, and work towards recovery points while I'm at it. Monstaline the whole thing, so it'll outlive me.

Rock sliders + skid plates.

CB would be next after that, then some aggressive 30's or whatever I can get under her stock.

S10 steering box w/ZJ tie rod, trac-bars.

EVENTUALLY. 2.5" BB on 31's w/blistens on all four corners. Locked, rear only. Unless I win the lottery and can buy dual ARB air lockers (she is a DD, can't fully lock her) Some bombproof bumbers, and 97+ interior and doors.

In reality, I see a coolant flush, oil change and upgraded fuel injectors first
Unread 12-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #21
XJ-JekL
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Bobbykn, get some vehicle info up so we can see what TJ your working with
Unread 12-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #22
bobbykn

Quote:
Bobbykn, get some vehicle info up so we can see what TJ your working with
I like the plans you have for it, a fun project. And I will eventually haha never got around to it, over the summer I bought the stock 99 TJ, added a 4 inch skyjacker suspension lift on it, new flares, I installed a cb with a fire stick 4' antenna, new steering stabilizer and track bar, I will be getting 33x12.5 mud terrains on black wheels, the rock crawler stinger bumper with the 12000 pound warn winch. Quicker disconnect sway bars I'll prolly get in the next month, and I'll prolly bed liner the inside in the summer, strip out all the annoying carpet.
Unread 12-18-2011, 11:54 PM   #23
XJ-JekL
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I like the plans you have for it, a fun project. And I will eventually haha never got around to it, over the summer I bought the stock 99 TJ, added a 4 inch skyjacker suspension lift on it, new flares, I installed a cb with a fire stick 4' antenna, new steering stabilizer and track bar, I will be getting 33x12.5 mud terrains on black wheels, the rock crawler stinger bumper with the 12000 pound warn winch. Quicker disconnect sway bars I'll prolly get in the next month, and I'll prolly bed liner the inside in the summer, strip out all the annoying carpet.
See, I wanna lift her 4+ inches too but, I have never installed a lift on a Jeep. And I don't see me being able to afford long arms or an SYE. So, I'm leaning towards the 2.5 in BB. 4ft Firestick is a must... I'm also going to need a winch. How much does a 12k lbs winch go for anyways. I don't have any buddies that trail ride. Mudding yes, and when you get stuck in mud you usually use a tow strap and a bigger truck

Quick disco's, how could I forget those?
I really want a trail capable DD, I know I can get decent flex out of an XJ

I need to make myself a list!
Unread 12-19-2011, 04:08 AM   #24
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

XJ-JeKL, come on a trail ride with us and come out to our meeting on the 22nd. Its at BW3's in Fairview Park at 7pm.

We would love to have you in the group. Club link is in my signature.
Unread 12-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #25
bobbykn

Quote:

See, I wanna lift her 4+ inches too but, I have never installed a lift on a Jeep. And I don't see me being able to afford long arms or an SYE. So, I'm leaning towards the 2.5 in BB. 4ft Firestick is a must... I'm also going to need a winch. How much does a 12k lbs winch go for anyways. I don't have any buddies that trail ride. Mudding yes, and when you get stuck in mud you usually use a tow strap and a bigger truck

Quick disco's, how could I forget those?
I really want a trail capable DD, I know I can get decent flex out of an XJ

I need to make myself a list!
My buddy that's a mechanic helped me instal it, it's a lot of work with rusted parts and everything that's damaged haha. Yeah a 4 inch skyjacker lift kit you can buy for 400-600 or something I can't remember what I paid, you can get it off of the 4wd.com website. Anywhere from 400-800 dollars for an 8000-12000 pound winch, those are also on 4wd.com. And i just bought a light bar for the top with 4 KC daylighters.
Unread 12-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #26
bobbykn

XJ, we live close I'm in Parma, we should do the southington off road in January
Unread 12-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #27
XJ-JekL
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannagojeep View Post
XJ-JeKL, come on a trail ride with us and come out to our meeting on the 22nd. Its at BW3's in Fairview Park at 7pm.

We would love to have you in the group. Club link is in my signature.
The 22nd is my nephew's b-day, but he's use too Uncle Jeff not staying long lol. His little get-together is at 4, so I should be able go up there.

I know where it's at, I use to work 3 store front's down from there. I believe it's a Tomato Tomado now - use to be Camille's.

Thanks for the invite!
I got him a 1970 Jeep Scrambler Hot Wheels car BTW
Nothing to big because he is getting a Nerf dart gun 3 days after that. Poor kid always gets ripped off for his b-day.
Unread 12-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #28
XJ-JekL
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
My buddy that's a mechanic helped me instal it, it's a lot of work with rusted parts and everything that's damaged haha. Yeah a 4 inch skyjacker lift kit you can buy for 400-600 or something I can't remember what I paid, you can get it off of the 4wd.com website. Anywhere from 400-800 dollars for an 8000-12000 pound winch, those are also on 4wd.com. And i just bought a light bar for the top with 4 KC daylighters.
Thanks for the info! Southington sounds possible, but I need to get a few thing done on the Jeep before I take her anywhere that's not paved, beside the little field next to the highway by my buddies house I drove through last night

Oh, btw I made a list
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/m...-list-1303274/
It;s far from complete, Started to doze off toward the end of it so it's not complete!
Unread 12-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #29
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just make a post or two on the neo4x4 site before the meeting, just so your not a total stranger. It will make things easier on both you and us if we know something about each other.

Hope to see you at the meeting!
Unread 12-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #30
XJ-JekL
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I've been meaning to do that for a while. Cherokee forum as well.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.