Wheeling northeastern ohio - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Wheeling northeastern ohio

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
bobbykn

Wheeling northeastern ohio

Looking for a group or club to wheel with, have a 99 wrangler TJ. Already have a cb, jeeps lifted everything like that. Just want some buddies to be able to use it with. Any ideas?

bobbykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
MoJo380
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Was out at Southington Offroad today. I'm in the same boat with nobody I know owning a Jeep. I'm in Akron where are you?
MoJo380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

www.neo4x4.com check us out we go wheeling atleast once a month as a group. A few of us go more often and go more places, but we have skill levels from beginners on up. Hope to see you on a trail soon!
Unread 12-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
bobbykn

I wanted to go there but just found out about it today. How was it? And I'm in Parma, like 30-45 mins away from you
Unread 12-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
bobbykn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannagojeep
www.neo4x4.com check us out we go wheeling atleast once a month as a group. A few of us go more often and go more places, but we have skill levels from beginners on up. Hope to see you on a trail soon!
That'd be pretty cool, I'd be down to go wheeling with you guys whenever.
Unread 12-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
RSC17
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Check us out and join up on the forum. We list events under the events forum. www.neo4x4.com
RSC17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 05:02 AM   #7
MoJo380
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbykn View Post
I wanted to go there but just found out about it today. How was it? And I'm in Parma, like 30-45 mins away from you
Wasn't bad but the lack of by-pass trails around the more difficult obsticles was the cause of my transmission to stop shifting. Had to call someone to trailer me home. A lot of sand, mud and water. I won't be going back there until they have a map with trail difficulty levels. I don't "drive it like I stole it" so I kinda didn't fit in with the group I was with.
Unread 12-05-2011, 06:53 AM   #8
00xjclassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJo380 View Post
Wasn't bad but the lack of by-pass trails around the more difficult obsticles was the cause of my transmission to stop shifting. Had to call someone to trailer me home. A lot of sand, mud and water. I won't be going back there until they have a map with trail difficulty levels. I don't "drive it like I stole it" so I kinda didn't fit in with the group I was with.
That's up to me. I wanted to have a map ready for this past event but I got bogged down with school and work stuff and didn't finish it. It is 90% done and just needs polished up.
00xjclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #9
bobbykn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xjclassic

That's up to me. I wanted to have a map ready for this past event but I got bogged down with school and work stuff and didn't finish it. It is 90% done and just needs polished up.
Yeah I can't afford dropping my transmission, so if there's a map for January's event I'll attend 100 percent.
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #10
bobbykn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJo380

Yeah I can't afford to loose my transmission.. So I'd be with you on that. If they hve a map, we should meet up and trail ride together cuz we wanna wheel, just don't wanna ruin the vehicle.
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #11
BILL G
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The problem there is that most of the mud is laced with silica sand and when mixed with water and mud it is like lapping compound.It destroys brakes,bearings,ujoints and moving parts pretty rapidly.If you wheel there be sure to wash your rig thoroughly.You can't really stay out of the mud and water there because there is a lot of it.As to clubs in the area check out http://www.erieshoresjeeps.com/ Mike Wilcox is the president and is a good guy,who will get you going in the right direction the right way.
Unread 12-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #12
MWilcox
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL G View Post
The problem there is that most of the mud is laced with silica sand and when mixed with water and mud it is like lapping compound.It destroys brakes,bearings,ujoints and moving parts pretty rapidly.If you wheel there be sure to wash your rig thoroughly.You can't really stay out of the mud and water there because there is a lot of it.As to clubs in the area check out http://www.erieshoresjeeps.com/ Mike Wilcox is the president and is a good guy,who will get you going in the right direction the right way.
You guys in the Akron/Cleveland area are welcome to join us anytime(Erieshoresjeeps.com). I encourage you to get plugged in with a club that has experienced people in it. You will get nothing but headaches (and blow transmissions) running with a bunch of "green" wheelers.
I agree with Bill 100% about the mud/water at SHC. That silica sand will do major damage to any moving parts, and water is for boats. I will more than likely go to SHC and see what they have for rocks, but not until it's drier outside.
Again, get involved with an experienced club. You'll learn a lot at a very fast pace without destroying your jeep and bank account. I hope to see you around.
-Mike
Unread 12-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #13
MoJo380
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Why does everyone assume I am new to this sport? I have been wheeling Jeeps since 1984 with my first one a 1947 Willys. I was a member of NAXJA when I owned an XJ and went on many trips to the Badlands with the Midwest chapter for Winterfest. I was planning on going to the next one with my TJ.

Last weekend was the first bad experience I have ever had. I was disappointed with the attitude of the group of "staff" members there. Never seen anyone hook up a winch on a tree the way they did. And everyone standing within 4 feet of the cable while the winch was running.

I also had the "leader" spotting me through some trees but kept getting me hooked on them so I manuvered through it on my own and he seemed mad because I wasn't listening to him.

If I ever go back there we will have to be in a draught and I will limit my travels to rocks and hills.
Unread 12-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #14
markb1982
1998 TJ Wrangler 

hey guys I just bought a jeep on sunday this is my winter project plan on having it done for spring. I have wheeled trucks before but never a jeep im a noob when it comes to jeeps. Im in twinsburg
markb1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #15
MWilcox
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb1982 View Post
hey guys I just bought a jeep on sunday this is my winter project plan on having it done for spring. I have wheeled trucks before but never a jeep im a noob when it comes to jeeps. Im in twinsburg
Welcome Mark! Let me know if you need anything, I'm right down the road. Nice to see you on our club forum also

-Mike

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.