Want to go wheeling in Northen ohio? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Want to go wheeling in Northen ohio?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
Blu3rav3n
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Want to go wheeling in Northen ohio?

Well im little new to the forms but just as the title says im looking for somewhere and some people to go wheeling with. Im Not too sure where any good spots to go is and I know North Rigeville isnt one of themI was hoping to go around the 1st or 2nd of july(depending on weather) so let me know whats open and if you want to meet up and go.

Thanks
Blu3rav3n

Blu3rav3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not to far from north ridgeville pm me if you wanna go sometime ill give you my number.
Wannagojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
Blu3rav3n
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ok kool, well who else is up for some trails and whatnot? For that matter wheres a good placce to go? I dont mind alittle drive to get there either so im open to ideas. Ive heard of yankee lake but not sure where that is and if its any good also of jeep skool but ive heard most of its just a big mud pit and im looking for more of trails and that sort.
Unread 06-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jeepskool is everything basically now yankee lake on the other hand is 99% mud. Theirs also wellsville... Thats basically about it for the legal aspect of trails and what not
Unread 06-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
Blu3rav3n
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ah ok whats wellsville like? is it far from here. As far as jeepskool didnt they raise there prices again, I was just looking at their site and didnt see anything other then events and no just out of the blue group outings kinda thing. So far it just looks like me and you unless someone knows another place and or wants to join in. Got the pm btw ill give you a call prolly this weekend if everythings still looking good for the 2nd of july.
Unread 06-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=f7HJBPp0HkM this is wellsville but refuse to go theirs a lot of drinking their somebody died memorial weekend he wasnt drinking but the other vehicles driver was i guess... But ill try and get ppl to go on the second my buddy has a jkur on 35s hes been to jeepskool before
Unread 06-20-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
Blu3rav3n
1999 TJ Wrangler 

from a few youtube videos wellsville looks like alot of fun. Is it as bad as you say tho? ppl just driving around with no regard for anyone? I just did some numbers as far as gas goes to get to wellsville and its gonna be funbut o well still fun. Well still got sometime to keep an eye out and recruit some more ppl.
Unread 06-21-2011, 04:10 AM   #8
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not everyone is like that but yes a lot of them are its sad and unfortunate but true
Unread 06-21-2011, 07:13 AM   #9
x415fsx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannagojeep View Post
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=f7HJBPp0HkM this is wellsville but refuse to go theirs a lot of drinking their somebody died memorial weekend he wasnt drinking but the other vehicles driver was i guess... But ill try and get ppl to go on the second my buddy has a jkur on 35s hes been to jeepskool before

The guy that died down there memorial day weekend was a buddy of mine.

Wellsille is its own little animal. There is everything from rocks, mud, jumps, you name it. But, there is also a ton of idiots that are down there. Mainly alcohol induced stupidity. The big weekends are generally the worst, Memorial day, July 4th, Labor day, and the likes. Off weekends, especially later in the summer once everyone has broken all their crap is typically better.

I've seen vehicles flipped, burned, and scavanged for parts if left out in the woods for as little as a couple hours, (like if you head into town for parts or whatever).

Don't get me wrong, Wellsville can be a ton of fun. You just have to be super careful and aware of whats going on.
x415fsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #10
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

sorry to hear about your buddy. jeepskool and other places like it are nice though with having strict no alcohol rules it makes for a safe family enviornment.
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #11
Blu3rav3n
1999 TJ Wrangler 

x2

Sorry to hear also. Well if its that bad we can find a different spot. We could do jeepskool I was just trying to get out of having to pay to into a place to go. x415fsx are you up for some wheeling on the 2nd? I know from here to akron is a bit of a drive but thought id ask. Also do you know of another spot other then what we mentioned?
Unread 06-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #12
x415fsx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Im actually down in Canton now, so add another 30 minutes onto that commute. lol. I just bought my Bucket-o-Mishaps back in late september, so I honestly haven't been wheeling much at all. Just a couple little empty lots near where i live and my parents house. Nothing that you couldn't completely cover in about 15 minutes.

I have some residual school funds coming in here sometime VERY soon i hope to patch up some problems before I really go beat on it. Mainly need to get the exhaust redone (mud up in the cat apparently slows a slow vehicle down even more, who knew?), cam and crank sensors, an ac delete, and a new spare. I'm hoping to have it all done before the 4th of july, but im starting to have my doubts right now. But I'm def down for something when everything is good and sturdy.
x415fsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #13
Blu3rav3n
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Lol on the mud part, last field I tore through I found a chunk(and by chunk I mean it was as big as my fat ps3) piece of mud on the roof of the soft top.Not too sure how it got there but I had the peddle on the floor trying not to get stuck, so my guess is 40 in a soggy grass field will do it. But kool glad to have you aboard when your back up and running. I know myself before I get anywhere i gotta figure out this wobble I still have. I replaced the front left wheel bearing but still a wobble and i cant help but wonder now if i threw another belt in a tire.

If so that will be the 2 out of the 4 mudders I bought are papper weights so If that is the case ill have 2 street tires and 2 mudders and no spear, ugh need more money......want new tires.
Unread 06-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #14
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Your problem could be the tires out of balance... I know muds are hard to balance just a suggestion thats all mine was when i had DW
Unread 06-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #15
Blu3rav3n
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea im gonna have em rebalanced before i just assume the worst, but once i replaced the bearing it was smooth and then day later wobble at 45-50 and more once im doing about 65-70. On another note found a place in oberlin that has somethings nothing big from what it says on there website but thought id mention it(cant think of said website either

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.