Two tracks or fire roads - SE Ohio - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Two tracks or fire roads - SE Ohio

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-11-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Paul04TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Two tracks or fire roads - SE Ohio

We're heading to the Hocking Hills Area.
Are there any scenic areas to drop the top and have a nice afternoon drive?

Red Jeep Club Member # 269
'04 Wrangler 'X'
Paul04TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
tdavidk76
2001 XJ Cherokee 

There are all kinds of nice roads to drive in that area with the top off! I am originally from that area. There may not be any wheeling easy to find but lots or scenic rds to travel. Many in the Hocking hills region you are headed to and more farther south off of 33. You should head to the Wayne National Forest Headquarters which is just past Nelsonville on 33. You should be able to get a map of the forest there and head out on some of the back rds (alot of 'em will be gravel so u will get dusty). I am guessing you are heading to Old Man's Cave. You can probably get maps there also. If you aren't going to Old Man's Cave you should try and fit it in. It is beautiful. Hope this helps. Hope I got to you before you already left. lol

Last edited by tdavidk76; 06-12-2010 at 12:22 PM..
tdavidk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
tdavidk76
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Here is a link to a pdf map I found online. Most of the rds you see surrounding 33 will give you a nice scenic drive. Roads in particular- StRt 56. You could take it all the way from Hocking Hills to Athens. The loop of StRt 685 and 13 would be a nice quick trip. I lived off of 13. If you take some of the side rds south off of 685 or west off of 13 you will be smack in the middle of Wayne NF. Also hard to get lost on those rds. All come out to either 33,13, 685, or a smaller rd that will get you to one of those main rds. Ask around at shops/stores/gas stations while your down there. Most people are very nice and will point you in the right direction even if you are from Michigan (lots of rabid OSU fans down there. Go Bucks!!!)
http://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCU...rdb5108535.pdf
Unread 06-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
Paul04TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdavidk76 View Post
Here is a link to a pdf map I found online. Most of the rds you see surrounding 33 will give you a nice scenic drive. Roads in particular- StRt 56. You could take it all the way from Hocking Hills to Athens. The loop of StRt 685 and 13 would be a nice quick trip. I lived off of 13. If you take some of the side rds south off of 685 or west off of 13 you will be smack in the middle of Wayne NF. Also hard to get lost on those rds. All come out to either 33,13, 685, or a smaller rd that will get you to one of those main rds. Ask around at shops/stores/gas stations while your down there. Most people are very nice and will point you in the right direction even if you are from Michigan (lots of rabid OSU fans down there. Go Bucks!!!)
http://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCU...rdb5108535.pdf
Thanks for the tips, we aren't going until mid July. Apparently we are signed up for Zip lining as well. Should be interesting with my wife being afraid of heights.

We got the whole Bucks thing covered. My wifes family is originally from Clevelend............. Luckily they got out!
Red Jeep Club Member # 269
'04 Wrangler 'X'
Paul04TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
ruff88xj

1992 YJ Wrangler 

if you wanted some light wheeling, down around tarhollow/vinton county area, there's a few unmaintained township roads we run about once a month. They have little bit of everything. its nothing hardcore but with some lift and tires you could do just about anything. We had stock ZJ with us last time. we spotted him through some stuff but he had a good time. You should be able to get a rd map from the Vinton County Clerks office from what i was told
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/y...92-yj-1766433/
ruff88xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.