Tar Hallow Trails? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Tar Hallow Trails?

Rancho Shocktober is here for fall 2015!!!!You Pick the Size and Style of Lift Kit. We will Find you FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #1
Spartan2842
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jk Tar Hallow Trails?

I have been searching and scouring for any info on where the Tar Hollow trails are. I know where the actual park is and I know that the trails are really just old roads. I live in Columbus and would like to find a place to wheel legally.

Are there any jeep clubs in central Ohio area? It seems all the ones I can find are long gone or remnants.

Spartan2842 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2015, 07:51 AM   #2
HeavyMetl

Buy the Ohio Atlas and Gazeteer, and as always wheel responsibly. If people would actually share legal places to wheel then maybe for once 4-wheeling wouldn't be viewed as just a bunch of hooligans.

Unread 04-21-2015, 08:31 PM   #3
Spartan2842
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thank you so much!
Spartan2842 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2015, 06:33 PM   #4
CurtisG
2008 JK Wrangler 

Send me a PM with your e-mail address. I can connect you to a group that wheels Tar Hollow / Hocking Hills area pretty regularly.
CurtisG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2015, 06:40 PM   #5
CurtisG
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetl View Post
Buy the Ohio Atlas and Gazeteer, and as always wheel responsibly. If people would actually share legal places to wheel then maybe for once 4-wheeling wouldn't be viewed as just a bunch of hooligans.

The challenge in this area is that sharing a trailhead is not enough to keep someone on the straight and narrow. Many of the trails run through areas that were once logged or run through private property. It is very easy to make a wrong turn an end up on someone's land rather than on the township right of way. Even when you think that you are on the public unmaintained township road, you may find that you are not and that the property owner may show up to give you a stern reminder of where are are supped to be. The area around Powerline Hill has many such side trails that could get you into a bad spot. It is best to have someone familiar with the area take you out.
CurtisG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.