Southington Offroad - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Southington Offroad

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Building a Bumper?

Unread 12-11-2011, 07:35 AM   #46
sgtdave
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannagojeep View Post
Why do you always think the bad mouthing involves you Dave? are you feeling guilty of something? ive obviously met all of you if i stated all have had bad experiences "MYSELF INCLUDED" jeepskool and southington is one big drama pit so far. Everyone points the blame at others. I have a question for the "staff" why does an offroad park need you? What do you do that so many have to be involved? As stated above staff cuts firewood... didnt know it required 20 people to swing an axe. Dave i see why your position is necessary, the others not so much. Have a nice day everyone and see you on the trail
I have nothing to hide or feel guilty about. We all (staff) work to make it a safe and enjoyable place. ALL OF THE STAFF, not just me. Have a nice day. Drama Pit is only what you perceive not what is reality.
Enough said we can agree to disagree.

Dave

sgtdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #47
jeepnut99

Quote:
Why do you always think the bad mouthing involves you Dave? are you feeling guilty of something? ive obviously met all of you if i stated all have had bad experiences "MYSELF INCLUDED" jeepskool and southington is one big drama pit so far. Everyone points the blame at others. I have a question for the "staff" why does an offroad park need you? What do you do that so many have to be involved? As stated above staff cuts firewood... didnt know it required 20 people to swing an axe. Dave i see why your position is necessary, the others not so much. Have a nice day everyone and see you on the trail
Now I'm confused......you need someone to make sure you don't shoot yourself or someone else but you don't need someone to make sure you don't do something stupid and kill youself or someone else wheeling? I've shot on the range and the sarge sits back and watches until someone has a shooting question or does something stupid. Doesn't the rest of the staff do that for the wheelers? That's how I always thought it was.
jeepnut99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #48
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hahaha whatever you say Judy, true offroad parks dont have trail leaders, i guess jeepskool and southington need them due to the stock like terrain that attracts newbies who need some teaching
Wannagojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 08:33 AM   #49
sgtdave
1974 CJ5 

You complain if we lead a trail ride and you complain if we do not lead a trail ride........maybe you just complain!

Dave
sgtdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 08:51 AM   #50
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdave View Post
You complain if we lead a trail ride and you complain if we do not lead a trail ride........maybe you just complain!

Dave
Did i once complain about having a trail ride or not having a trail ride? No, did i question the reasoning behind staff? Yes! as have others in the past. Truth of the matter is you need to pull some weeds from your garden of awesomeness. i along with many others have been bad mouthed in front of family and children by several staff, because i asked if i could use the hose for 30 seconds to spray off my windows. If safety is the number one concern why doesnt $40 to get in entitle me to a gallon of water to get home safe? i have no respect for many of the "trail leaders" because of said occurence
Wannagojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #51
MWilcox
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Guys, I'm pretty sure we all have our opinions about one park or another. I'm also pretty sure they differ greatly. Let's leave it at that instead of getting on a public forum and making ourselves look silly by arguing about it. I know you are all better than this.
I look forward to getting the chance to wheel with each of you(again).

-Mike
Unread 12-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #52
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Agreed Mike, see everyone on the trail
Unread 12-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #53
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Did i once complain about having a trail ride or not having a trail ride? No, did i question the reasoning behind staff? Yes! as have others in the past. Truth of the matter is you need to pull some weeds from your garden of awesomeness. i along with many others have been bad mouthed in front of family and children by several staff, because i asked if i could use the hose for 30 seconds to spray off my windows. If safety is the number one concern why doesnt $40 to get in entitle me to a gallon of water to get home safe? i have no respect for many of the "trail leaders" because of said occurence
I will second this. My $40 entry fee was apparently not enough to use the hose at the factory to spray off my headlights so I could make a safe run into town.
TroubleNEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 06:06 AM   #54
00xjclassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleNEO View Post
I will second this. My $40 entry fee was apparently not enough to use the hose at the factory to spray off my headlights so I could make a safe run into town.
Did this happen at the December Southington Offroad "Deck the Trails" 4x4 event or was it when you were out there before?
00xjclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #55
83heritage
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have been considering coming to one of these events, but have never wheeled my Jeep before. I have an ATV that I have ridden Hatfield McCoy trails many times before, (and love it) but have never been offroad in the Jeep. Wondering if I were to come out if someone would be willing to let me do a ride along in their Jeep a time or two, to kind of see what to expect, and how to handle some situations.
83heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #56
00xjclassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83heritage View Post
I have been considering coming to one of these events, but have never wheeled my Jeep before. I have an ATV that I have ridden Hatfield McCoy trails many times before, (and love it) but have never been offroad in the Jeep. Wondering if I were to come out if someone would be willing to let me do a ride along in their Jeep a time or two, to kind of see what to expect, and how to handle some situations.
I would 100% let you ride along with me but I am rebuilding my Jeep this winter and I won't be wheeling it until this spring (hopefully it will be done by then).

I'm sure that someone else would be willing to let you ride along with them and give you some pointers
00xjclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #57
83heritage
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xjclassic View Post
I would 100% let you ride along with me but I am rebuilding my Jeep this winter and I won't be wheeling it until this spring (hopefully it will be done by then).

I'm sure that someone else would be willing to let you ride along with them and give you some pointers
Thats the way I would like to start out, doing a few ride alongs. My Jeep is currently 100% stock. While I understand it is completely capable to wheel the way it is, I would like to add a few items to make me fell a little better. I was thinking the first thing would be a new bumper and winch, but read that the added weight causes a little "sag" in the suspension. So I am thinking that should be upgraded first, nothing crazy 2.5"-3". I have a 2008 JK Unlimited Sahara for future reference.
83heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #58
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wheel it stock first it will make you a better driver, you'll also learn its weaknesses. Just replace as you see fit.

As for the ride along check out our club, www.northeastohio4x4.com we have plenty that would love to show you "the ropes"

Hope to see you on the trail!
Unread 12-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #59
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xjclassic View Post
Did this happen at the December Southington Offroad "Deck the Trails" 4x4 event or was it when you were out there before?
It happened before.
TroubleNEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 03:10 AM   #60
jeepnut99

Bring your stocker out to get a feel of the place and it. I wheeled a stocker for over a year and sure there are places I couldn't go, but I would jump into the passenger seat of someone's rig and ride. I've never been refused a ride. Hell, my rig is still basically a stocker with just a few mods so I still get "challenged" by a lot of the property. Your JK probably came with bigger wheels and a higher suspension than my TJ after mods. Come on out and have some fun. Then make up your mind about the place instead of letting one bad incident or other people's opinions color your judgement.
jeepnut99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.