Southington Offroad - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Southington Offroad

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-14-2011, 06:09 AM   #1
00xjclassic

Southington Offroad

Good Morning,

I would like to take a second to let everyone here know about a "new" location to wheel in the northeast Ohio area. I have new in quotation marks because the property has been used for Jeep events in the past couple of years but Southington Offroad is NOT the same park that was previously being run on the same piece of property.

We will be open to full-size 4x4s (Jeeps, trucks, Toyotas, Samurais, buggies, Land Rovers, Etc) on the first full weekend of each month and open to the ATV crowd the following weekend.

Pricing will be as follows for 4x4 weekends:
  • Weekend pass (Saturday & Sunday)............. $40
    (for 1 vehicle & driver)
  • Day pass (Saturday OR Sunday).................. $25
  • Additional Guest (Each person).................... $5
    12 & under free
  • Primitive camping site................................ $20
    4 person/2 tent max per camp site
  • Electric Camping Site................................. $35
    Again, 4 person/2 tent max per camp site
  • Each additional guest camping past 4........... $5

Southington Offroad's first 4x4 event is scheduled for December 3 & 4, 2011.

At this point we are planning on having at least a few new trails open before December with more trails and obstacles planned. As for the terrain at Southington Offroad, there is a great mix between rocks, sand, trails through the woods, muddy trails, mud pits, hills, etc.

I do not have a completed rules list at this time but expect it to be typical of other offroad parks.

A website/forum is in the works and should be up sometimes this week. I will post the URL as soon as I see that it is up.

For the time being, we have a Facebook page going for info. People are already starting to share their photos and videos, so you can start to get an idea of what terrain is available.
http://www.facebook.com/Southingtonoffroad

If anyone has any questions feel free to post in this thread or PM me. I will do my best to respond as quickly and accurately as possible between classes and work.

Chris

00xjclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
jrmars07
2010 JK Wrangler 

"New" as in previously jeep skool?
Tera Front Lower Controls Arms, Rear Upper Control Arms, Synergy HD Balljoints
Tom Woods 1310 Driveshafts
33" KM2's on ProComp 7069 16x8's
Superchips Flashpaq
AEV Premium Front Bumper, IPF 900XSD Lights, Warn 9.5ti w/ Synthetic Line
AEV Rear Bumper, Tuffy Security Deck
D30 Front Sleeved and Gusseted, RCV's, ARB Locked
4.88 G2 Gears
D44 Rear ARB Locked, Chromoly Shafts[/CENTER]
jrmars07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
00xjclassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmars07 View Post
"New" as in previously jeep skool?
Yes, Southington is being run on the same property that JeepSkool was. There is no affiliation between Southington and Jeepskool. Please do not your previous thoughts on JS carry onto Southington as they are being run by different people.
Unread 11-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
Gainer
2000 TJ Wrangler 

WOOT!! Can't wait!

2000 TJ, 2"RC lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone Destination M/T, 4.56 USA Standard Gears, McLeod clutch
2005 WK, 2" Daystar
Amsoil.... GO ERIK BUELL RACING, Geoff May and Danny Eslick!! Hope to see you on the box!!
Gainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
MWilcox
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xjclassic View Post
Yes, Southington is being run on the same property that JeepSkool was. There is no affiliation between Southington and Jeepskool. Please do not your previous thoughts on JS carry onto Southington as they are being run by different people.
Does this mean that all of Kelleys cronies are gone as well? I thought you were his right hand man on the forums, just asking.
I think there is potential for the property to have some nice events, but didn't like all of the "trail leaders". If they run it as a park that would be very cool to see. Give the people a map and let them go, just like every other park does.
Unread 11-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
RSC17
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xjclassic View Post
There is no affiliation between Southington and Jeepskool.
How can this be true? JeepSkool trail leaders are in on this new organization as well. I hope it doesn't turn into the same old JS ways. At least, they're getting the cost to wheel right.
RSC17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #7
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsc17 View Post
how can this be true? Jeepskool trail leaders are in on this new organization as well. I hope it doesn't turn into the same old js ways. At least, they're getting the cost to wheel right.
x2
Unread 11-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

You may want to post up the factories address, since it was kept secret from most everyone.
Unread 11-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #9
MWilcox
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post
You may want to post up the factories address, since it was kept secret from most everyone.
Good point
Unread 11-14-2011, 07:23 PM   #10
00xjclassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilcox View Post
Does this mean that all of Kelleys cronies are gone as well? I thought you were his right hand man on the forums, just asking.
I think there is potential for the property to have some nice events, but didn't like all of the "trail leaders". If they run it as a park that would be very cool to see. Give the people a map and let them go, just like every other park does.
Many of the JeepSkool trail leaders are now on staff with Southington. I did try to help clarify/smooth over some things that Kelly had said to make people angry (mainly the recovery fee deal) Aside from that, I would hardly consider myself his right hand man. I would consider myself an enthusiast that got caught up in someone elses drama, I feel that the same applies for most of the new staff at Southington. I hope that we can all look past that and look forward to some great wheeling.

I'm pretty excited about Southington being started up. There will be more trails made and hopefully more obstacles also. Right now we are just working on getting everything set up before the December event. I'm working on a map right now and it should hopefully be ready for December. You should expect a much more 'normal' experience when heading out to Southington Offroad. There will be no hour long registration process or new people having to show up at certain times at certain places. I hope that clears anything up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSC17 View Post
How can this be true? JeepSkool trail leaders are in on this new organization as well. I hope it doesn't turn into the same old JS ways. At least, they're getting the cost to wheel right.
See above. As far as costs, we feel that offering a day pass is more inline with what other parks in the area are doing and will hopefully allow more people who only have the time/desire to come out for one day to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post
For now, registration and meeting place for Southington offroad events (4x4 and ATV) will be at the warehouse/office located on the property. The street address is Southington Offroad 10025 State Route 82 Windham, OH, 44288.

I hope to see everyone out there.
Unread 11-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #11
MWilcox
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the response. I may make it out there in December.
Unread 11-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #12
00xjclassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilcox View Post
Thanks for the response. I may make it out there in December.
Glad I could help. Hope to see you out there.
Unread 11-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #13
sfdl32
2005 LJ Wrangler 

When you mention possible new trails being established I would hope they are actual trails with some form of difficulty and not just more dug out mud bogs. Will there still be trail leaders or will we be able to be on our own while at the park? Hope you guys get it right this time around, if so it could really be a great boost to the off-roading community in this area. Hope to check out the "new" park soon.-Chris
2005 Unlimited Rubicon, 4.5" RE superflex, 33" MTR Kevlar, Warn M8000, Custom wheels, Custom bumpers.Currie currect lync HD tie rod setup, Undercover Fab belly up skid, Teraflex engine skid, Rock sliders. Superior shafts. Optima red top, K&N cold air intake.
sfdl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 02:44 AM   #14
relgnarw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Glad to see one day passes as well.

My onboard air build.
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/viair-install-02-tj-w-cruise-5-spd-1379665/[/url]
relgnarw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 05:15 AM   #15
00xjclassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfdl32 View Post
When you mention possible new trails being established I would hope they are actual trails with some form of difficulty and not just more dug out mud bogs. Will there still be trail leaders or will we be able to be on our own while at the park? Hope you guys get it right this time around, if so it could really be a great boost to the off-roading community in this area. Hope to check out the "new" park soon.-Chris
There will probably be some mud bog type areas added (no interest to me but I see the appeal, it always brings a crowd). A few trails have already been added and we have more planned. A few of us are planning on cutting some new trails the weekend after Thanksgiving. Southington will still have staff but you will be more than welcome to go riding on your own.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.