Southern Ohio trails - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Southern Ohio trails

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 02-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
champelite210
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Southern Ohio trails

Anyone know of any. I've got around a 1000 acres around the house available but interested in going different places.

1998 TJ, 4.0 HO, 5 speed, 3.5" RE Super Flex Adj SA lift, AA SYE, Currie steering, 4.88 Gears, 8.8 Rear with Eaton E-Locker, HP Dana 30 with Detroit locker and chromoly shafts, 36x12.5x15 TSL-SX, TNT Customs front 3.5 fenders, XRC rear crusher corners with 3.5 flare, A to Z rock sliders, PSC steering pump PSC steering Bx, XRC 8000 winch.
champelite210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
sfdl32
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by champelite210 View Post
Anyone know of any. I've got around a 1000 acres around the house available but interested in going different places.
Do you own that 1000 acres or have legal access to it? My jeep club is looking for a legal place to off road or some land that the owner would allow us to trail ride on.-Chris
sfdl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
champelite210
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I own a small part of it. Some other family members own part of it and the rest which is probably most of it is owned by a huge corperation that leases it to a local logging company. The logging company doesn't care if we ride because we keep their logging roads open. How many people does your club have? I dought I could get you access for 24-7 riding but if you and a couple friends wanted to come down and check it out some weekend that would be cool. It's mostly a mix of creek riding, logging trails, powerlines, and we have about 6 valleys cut out that can be really hard on the equipment. My group has about 6 to 8 vehicles normally, none of us have bigger than 33x12.5 tires, and least one locked axle is a must. If you decided it was what you looking for then we could set up a day when your whole club could come down. By the way, where are you from?
1998 TJ, 4.0 HO, 5 speed, 3.5" RE Super Flex Adj SA lift, AA SYE, Currie steering, 4.88 Gears, 8.8 Rear with Eaton E-Locker, HP Dana 30 with Detroit locker and chromoly shafts, 36x12.5x15 TSL-SX, TNT Customs front 3.5 fenders, XRC rear crusher corners with 3.5 flare, A to Z rock sliders, PSC steering pump PSC steering Bx, XRC 8000 winch.
Unread 02-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
tdavidk76
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Where you all at in southern ohio? I live near Cleveland now but I am originally from the Athens area.
Unread 02-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
sfdl32
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Southern ohio wheelin

Quote:
I own a small part of it. Some other family members own part of it and the rest which is probably most of it is owned by a huge corperation that leases it to a local logging company. The logging company doesn't care if we ride because we keep their logging roads open. How many people does your club have? I dought I could get you access for 24-7 riding but if you and a couple friends wanted to come down and check it out some weekend that would be cool. It's mostly a mix of creek riding, logging trails, powerlines, and we have about 6 valleys cut out that can be really hard on the equipment. My group has about 6 to 8 vehicles normally, none of us have bigger than 33x12.5 tires, and least one locked axle is a must. If you decided it was what you looking for then we could set up a day when your whole club could come down. By the way, where are you from?
Champlite, I'm from Stow, Ohio near Kent State. Alot of my club is from the elyria area. That would be great if we could plan a ride with you guys sometime, even if we couldn't bring down all of our club I know a couple of us would love to check it out. PM me and send me your number so we can figure it out. thanks-Chris
sfdl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #6
champelite210
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Between Minford and Sciotoville on St Rt 335.
Unread 02-22-2010, 08:32 PM   #7
tmotorsports
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Between Minford and Sciotoville on St Rt 335.
We have a large club based out of chillicothe soja.but not all of us get to extreme wheeling.if you dont mind we are always looking for places to go.would you be interested in some of us coming down.I know that area a little.
tmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #8
HeavyMetl

I'm from Pike County (Beaver area), and even though I live in Columbus I do make it home quite often and would be interested in joining in on a trail ride.

As for Southern Ohio Jeepers, I was approached by one of your members in the Waverly Tim Horton's drive thru a few months ago and was given a card. When I checked out the website it didn't work and re-directed me to some "soja" singer/rapper/whatever website. I would love to join a club to do more trails but my time in Ohio is limited, I will most likely be re-locating to the Denver area for work in the next couple of months. Yeah, I know, moving to the west will suck, but I think I can manage to find a few trails out there.
HeavyMetl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #9
tmotorsports
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetl View Post
I'm from Pike County (Beaver area), and even though I live in Columbus I do make it home quite often and would be interested in joining in on a trail ride.

As for Southern Ohio Jeepers, I was approached by one of your members in the Waverly Tim Horton's drive thru a few months ago and was given a card. When I checked out the website it didn't work and re-directed me to some "soja" singer/rapper/whatever website. I would love to join a club to do more trails but my time in Ohio is limited, I will most likely be re-locating to the Denver area for work in the next couple of months. Yeah, I know, moving to the west will suck, but I think I can manage to find a few trails out there.
yes our website is down.our member who was in charge of it mike mcray past away over a month ago and we are working on getting our new one up and running.
tmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #10
champelite210
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Tmotorsports, Seems like I may have rode with your group at Brainbridge at the Lost Valley rally a couple years back. I would be happy to take anyone who wants to go. We are usually hitting it pretty hard this time of year but with all the snow it's just been to nasty. Not so much the trails but all my buddies park their truck and trailors in my field and it's just to wet and soft to handle the traffic. It just needs to dry out a little. I'll let the guys on here who showed interest when we go again and if you can make it great if not then maybe next time.
Unread 03-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #11
slim69
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I am new to jeepin. i live in columbus and would be interested. never wheeled in a vehicle before (lots on an atv) just looking to get some experience before i go to one of the jamboree's.
slim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 07:45 AM   #12
HeavyMetl

Maybe we need a Southern Ohio Jeepforum run. Ohio people seem to be desperate for a place to ride, I'm sure if you set something up you'll get a good turnout.
Unread 08-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #13
ujehed
1996 XJ Cherokee 

bump
ujehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #14
silver96

ohio trails

i live in chillicothe ohio and am always looking for people to go jeepen with. there are alot of legal jeep trails around here and i go out about every other weekend for trail rides. If anyone is interested in going off roading just give me a call at 740-851-7472 and i will show you nwhere they are at.
silver96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.