Pay to play - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Pay to play

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
mynamewasmud
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Pay to play

This is a feeler for a place to trail ride near New Concord. A friend of mine has around 200 acres that was old growth timber, they are finishing a select cut on some of the timber and they are leaving some really nice skidder trails, about 2 miles worth. There are some deep hollows, creeks and mud and plenty of primitive camping area and it is five minutes from I70. He has been talking about maybe weekend leasing to clubs for rides or opening it up for about $20 per day for trail riders. He has also thought about leasing to a club to lay out their own additional trails for events. What do you all think?

mynamewasmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
Moto4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

20 bucks a day seems like a lot to me, an area here by me (called C.O.R.E) has 800 acres, a mud field they water, a rock crawling area they set up, some hills, a dirt bike track, and a huge track for trucks and jeeps and stuff that is $10 dollars a day per person.

One thing to note, he will need everyone to sign a waiver for liability reasons and such, C.O.R.E. makes you do it every time you enter the park
Unread 08-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
BILL G
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Lease it to some one to cut trails for you. Thats a pretty good one.Charge someone to make the trails for you,then charge other people more money to ride on those trails.Sounds like a deal to me.You can wheel Wellsville all weekend for $10 per person,Heiney Farms for $20 per weekend,and don't have to cut your own trails.I have 50 acres and have cut over 4 miles of trails we have invite only rides that don't cost a dime.Unless they are extremely tough you can run 2 miles of trails pretty quick like less than 1/2 a day so $20 is pretty steep.But we need more places to wheel so good luck getting it started.
BILL G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
mynamewasmud
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL G View Post
Lease it to some one to cut trails for you. Thats a pretty good one.Charge someone to make the trails for you,then charge other people more money to ride on those trails.Sounds like a deal to me.You can wheel Wellsville all weekend for $10 per person,Heiney Farms for $20 per weekend,and don't have to cut your own trails.I have 50 acres and have cut over 4 miles of trails we have invite only rides that don't cost a dime.Unless they are extremely tough you can run 2 miles of trails pretty quick like less than 1/2 a day so $20 is pretty steep.But we need more places to wheel so good luck getting it started.
He dosen't expect someone to build trails for him to open to the public. I guess I wasn't all that clear on the lease to a club thing, I'm sure it could be leased by the year not just weekend. If it was leased to a club, they would be able to lay out additional trails and have events. It would be controlled by the club with the lease. This was just a couple options, either club lease or open to the public.
Unread 08-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
BILL G
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think the better option would be to cut more trails,then open it up at least once a month for rides and charge a per day fee.
Unread 08-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Agreed. Wish I could find more places local to wheel legally and inexpensively.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
99alpine
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Where would this be located? I mean how far from Toledo?
Upcoming: Upgrade to 33" Goodyear Duratrac's, Full Teraflex system (shocks (front and rear,) disconnects, skids, diff covers, and steering stabilizer,) custom built front and rear bumpers, custom built flat fenders, custom built sliders, flush tail lights and re-located front turn signals.
99alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
mynamewasmud
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the input, it looks like we are going to make some connections of the trails and see how many miles we end up with and what kind of time it takes to get through, then open it once or twice a month to 4x4 only "no quad or bikes".
Unread 08-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #9
BILL G
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If you are going to charge $20 per day you will need several trails.Keep us informed of any updates.I would be in for giving it a shot.It has to be pretty close as I live in Norwich.
Unread 08-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #10
leadsled01
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I would be interested when you are open for business.
leadsled01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #11
99alpine
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I would be defiantly be interested
Upcoming: Upgrade to 33" Goodyear Duratrac's, Full Teraflex system (shocks (front and rear,) disconnects, skids, diff covers, and steering stabilizer,) custom built front and rear bumpers, custom built flat fenders, custom built sliders, flush tail lights and re-located front turn signals.
Unread 08-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #12
mynamewasmud
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I rode a good bit of it today, I think once all of the trail connections are made it could take several hours to get through it. They will have the logging company out of there soon and we will have a little better idea of how to lay it out. If the liability stuff dosen't create an issue I figure we should have another place to wheel just east of New Concord. I also told him $20 for a weekend including primitive camping would not be bad, but I would also consider $10 a day if someone just wanted to come out to play should be doeable. I would like to see it open all year 7 days a week for $5 a day, but I don't see that happening.
Unread 08-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #13
99alpine
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Why don't you see that happening?
Unread 08-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #14
mynamewasmud
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I went out and rode some of the trails but the timber co. is still in there, so I couldn't get to most of it.

Unread 08-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #15
relgnarw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, where is New Concord? I'd be interested in comming out if you can work it out.

My onboard air build.
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/viair-install-02-tj-w-cruise-5-spd-1379665/[/url]
relgnarw is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.