ohio RTP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > ohio RTP

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 05-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
1981cj

ohio RTP

Please share with your club people need to write D"Juan and state need 4X4 areas.

Ohio’s natural resources department is offering grants to help develop trails for all-terrain vehicles, off-road motorcycles and snowmobiles.

The state says about $400,000 is available for trail projects.

The natural resources department says the money is open to cities, counties, townships and nonprofits.

Those interested need to apply through the state’s Recreational Trails Program by the end of May.

Here is the contact D'Juan Hammonds, Grants Manager
Division of Parks and Recreation
Department of Natural Resources
2045 Morse Road, Building C
Columbus OH 43229-6693
614-265-6417; Fax 614-261-8407
djuan.hammonds@dnr.state.oh.us

Please send email letting DNR and your local legislator that revenue is leaving the state to go to 4x4 parks trails in other states.

1981cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
1981cj

ohio RTP

Here is update from Ohio contact
During a normal grant cycle approximately $468,000.00 goes towards motorized recreational trails, $624,000.00 goes to diverse trails, and $468,000.00 goes towards non-motorized trails.

We are currently taking motorized applications in a special funding round, which ends on May 31, 2013. We have a total of $412,000.00 in motorized funding that we would like to authorize this year.
Unread 05-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
74Maverick
1977 CJ5 

So i want more ohio trails since there is nothing around the miami valley area near me. But those seem like ludicrous amounts of money to me. So my question is what is it supposed to be for and what can I do to try to get it to go towards making trails available in mid western ohio. Im even open to just paying me that money to go make some new trails, lol.

But seriously what do you need us to do?
Unread 05-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
1981cj

To access the funds a grant application needs to be submitted.

Here is some additional information.

We are currently taking motorized applications in a special funding round, which ends on May 31, 2013. We have a total of $412,000.00 in motorized funding that we would like to authorize this year.

I did talk with Blue Ribbon Coalition. I was given this information Texas Motorized Trails Coalition
http://www.texasmotorizedtrails.com/
used RTP funds to assist with Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area
http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/.

The state of Ohio contact did forward a completed sample grant application. It is a big document and I am not able to forward from my email. I am not sure how to put it or parts on the forum.

I have sent Northwest Crawlers, Stillwell Stompers, Southington Off Road, Yankee Lake Truck Night an email along with clubs in Cincinnati, EC4WDA. Posted on various forums NEO 4X4.

Any email addresses for th businesses, clubs etc that might be interested would be appreciated.

Timing appears right to get Ohio to recognize four wheel drive use as revenue generator for the state and to create areas for it to happen.
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #5
1981cj

ohio RTP

I tried to send you pm but your inbox is full.

Do you belong to a club? Did my last posting answer any of your questions? Will you be at Muddy Buddy event on May 18th? I have posted info on the website http://www.ec4wda.org/ and a few others.

I can forward you the grant application. I just need email address. It is a large document and I have not been able to post to most forums.
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
74Maverick
1977 CJ5 

Yeah sorry just emptied my inbox, you should see my regular emails inbox it in the thousand lol. Its sphantasms@aol.com.
I dont currently belong to a club just a group of freinds with 4x4s. And MuddyBuddies would most likely be able to do more with it honestly.

So just to clarify is this for use only on public land or also private. Because I know of a few people with a good amount of land that would be willing to develop trails, but I just dont know of any public land that might be open to 4x4 in my area.

If you want to email it go ahead and I'll give it a look see.

Thankyou.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.