North East Ohio Jeep Meeting - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > North East Ohio Jeep Meeting

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #61
DestinationXJ

How was the lone tree? That's not far from me! We have to meet up, when's the next random outting?

DestinationXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #62
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Thursday or the weekend looks good for me. The wifey pooh works this weekend so there shouldn't be any of her last minute plans.....
PROJECT 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #63
DestinationXJ

I should be home most of the weekend too. Trying to get some work done on te MJ. I know Saturday we have a reception to go to in the evening. Other then that I'll be around, let me know what you come up with n
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #64
Blu3rav3n
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Dont know if I can do this weekend. A lot of different things going on. Keep me posted
Blu3rav3n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #65
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Well, depending on what pans out with my transmission issue I'm having, my rig might be going into storage. Darn thing pops out of 1st gear. What I've been told is that a total trans rebuilt might be in order which is not in the budget right now.
I will have a better idea of the damage tomorrow....
Unread 08-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #66
DestinationXJ

That sucks, but you have to do what you have to do. Good thing is you can always plan and talk about them no matter what! I'll be in my garage enjoying a few beers and workin on the truck if you are free. More then welcome to stop by!
Unread 08-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #67
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Hows the trans?
Unread 08-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #68
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ
Hows the trans?
Still slipping out of first. I cracked open the drain plug to check out the fluid and it looks like its never been changed. I know changing the fluid probably won't do much, but might as well change it.
Anyways, I figure that a rebuild or purchasing a rebuilt trans is in store, so I'm going to keep driving it. I have approx 2 months till she goes into storage. Might as well enjoy the time
Unread 08-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #69
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

You should try putting some lucas oil treatment in it. That seems to work well for manual transmissions.

I would drive it till it blows as well, especially if your planning on doing a rebuild. Good thing is, those transmissions arent bad to rebuild. When the time comes, give atlass transmission a call, or cleveland transmission supply. We do work with both of them, and they have been great to us.
Unread 09-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #70
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Wow, this thread kind of died quick. Though my rig is currently in the shop to get the trans fixed, I will still meet up with you guys to shoot the shazzbot...
I'm hoping to get my rig back by the weekend. I'm having one of my buddies work on it. He owns Detzel's garage on Detroit Road across from the Winking Lizard in Avon.
Anyways, let me know if anybody wants to meet up for a beer and some chit chat.

P.S. If anybody is looking for a new Bestop Supertop, please let me know as I have one that I'm trying to sell.....
Unread 09-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #71
Blu3rav3n
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I am still up for getting a few fellow jeepers together for some food and beer, I have been little busy with putting up my fence and some remodeling in my home. This weekend looks to be nice maybe we should get a few ideas going.
Blu3rav3n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #72
cbpldc
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hey, new guy here. I've been in the Canton area for about 18 months now and I love it. I'd love to connect with some other Jeep guys in the area. Sunday afternoons aren't terrible, as long as the wife isn't working. Any chance that these GTG's are family friendly?

Chris
cbpldc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.