New jeep owner looking for a place to go offroading near Columbus Ohio - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > New jeep owner looking for a place to go offroading near Columbus Ohio

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 08-31-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
newjeepowner05

New jeep owner looking for a place to go offroading near Columbus Ohio

Hi all....new owner here. Just bought a 2007 4-door Sahara and wanted to find some places close to Columbus Ohio to go off roading. Anybody know of some places? Thanks

newjeepowner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
tastybrownies
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, I live in Westerville Ohio. I have had my Jeep for about 6 months now and I'm about to get new tires and have never been offroading before and am looking to go with someone.

But I will tell you there's this pretty good website called something like, ohio 4X4 trail riders. This club is based out of Columbus too, which is a bonus. They have a great site up and running complete with scheduled meetings and all.

Who knows maybe I'll see you there sometime.
tastybrownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 04:30 AM   #3
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It must be that there are not any good places up there because we get a couple of guys who regularly join us at Haspin and even at HnH from Columbus. Post up if you want to come down. You are always welcome to wheel with TS. You just need a tow point.

For Haspin you take 70 west and then south on Indiana 1.

http://www.terrainstompers.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2
Unread 10-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
zukben

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastybrownies View Post
yeah, i'm in the same boat as you, i live in westerville ohio. I have had my jeep for about 6 months now and i'm about to get new tires and have never been offroading before and am looking to go with someone.

But i will tell you there's this pretty good website called something like, ohio 4x4 trail riders. This club is based out of columbus too, which is a bonus. They have a great site up and running complete with scheduled meetings and all.

Who knows maybe i'll see you there sometime.
if anyone in columbus ohio is looking for off road look up columbus offroad on facebook or wait for columbusoffroad.com to be finished. Or (614)452.2152 ask for ben
zukben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
adamkn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Ben - could you give us any more info on the Columbs off-road park? What part of town is it in? What type of terrain/trails are available? I'm in Columbus pretty often, I'd love to check the place out sometime.
Unread 10-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
ruff88xj

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i run with a few guys from Southern Ohio Jeepers, we typically run some trails in vinton county
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/y...92-yj-1766433/
ruff88xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Right now it looks like I'm going to try and go to Bills 491 on the 13th if anyone is interested.

Bills 491 Off road

I have another thread going here if you are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 07:29 AM   #8
BILL G
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Check ouy OFFROADOHIO.COM rides are posted regularly.
BILL G is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.