Moving to Cleveland... from NC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Moving to Cleveland... from NC

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
unholycowgod
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Moving to Cleveland... from NC

So I got a new job and am moving up to Cleveland sometime around the last week of November and I need some advice. Biggest question for me is: how critical is the hard top during the winter up there? I grew up near Dayton so I'm familiar with Ohio weather but Cleveland is a different animal in itself come snow time. That, and 7 years down south changes a man. I have a hard top and a soft top and I'm just wondering whether I can sell the hard top like I was planning to do or if I really should keep it now.

Besides that, trails? Good 4wd shops? Clubs? Good bars?

I'll be on the west side somewhere in the Avon, Westlake, North Olmsted area.

Any and all help will be... helpful!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/gas-overflow-fix-hose-problem-gm-hose-1419753/"]05-06 TJ/LJ gas puking problem fixed![/URL]
unholycowgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
gillbot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Personally, the jeep has a heater so other than that I don't think the hardtop is a big deal. I do know of quite a few guys that hate the soft top though due to the windows. They say it takes too long to defrost and be able to drive, but they have soft doors as well.
gillbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
Jeepjunkie2013
2007 JK Wrangler 

I don't know man myself I prefer the hardtop up here in ne ohio were right in the snowbelt/rust belt here. A lot of people don't mind the soft top but I have two jeeps and a HT on both. The heaters are great in the jeeps IMO but the hardtop, at least on my yj ang jk, hold heat better. I "dress" for the winter and the last thing I want is to have the heat blasting leaving me hot in places and drafty in others. I start my jeep i the morning heat it up and rarely have to run the heat on more than low. On another note I always have a leaking problem with soft tops as well as wind issues, never one with either hardtop yet! And I can go thru a lazer wash to blast my jeep clean I hate standing out in the wind tunnel do it yourself washes for 5 minutes.
Jeepjunkie2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
unholycowgod
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to keep the hardtop for at least this winter and see how things go. The bit about frost was something I hadn't thought about, and trying to get ice off of canvas I'm sure is up there in the List Of Things I'd Rather Not Try.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/gas-overflow-fix-hose-problem-gm-hose-1419753/"]05-06 TJ/LJ gas puking problem fixed![/URL]
unholycowgod is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.