Just moved to Akron and bought my first Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Just moved to Akron and bought my first Jeep

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 07-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
Japanrot
1998 ZJ 

Just moved to Akron and bought my first Jeep

Hey guys I just moved to Akron from Miami. I currently drive a 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t. When I got here 2 weeks ago and saw that I would be living in the valley I quickly realized that my coupe will not be making it up any of the hills when snow is thrown into the equation. I have always loved older Jeeps especially the XJ. Well I talked the wife into buying a second car as my "winter" car, or at least thats what she thinks it will be. I did some research on this forum before joining and set out to find my car on the wonderful world of craigslist. I found a '99 XJ that was in pretty decent condition for the money. Its a '99 4.0L 4x4 four door, it has some home made lift on it (very mild not sure how many inches). The interior was pretty dirty, looked like it has never been cleaned, for some odd reason the old owner decided that it would be a good idea to remove all the carpeting, so I will be on the hunt for some or maybe try the bedliner coating idea. Supposedly the car has rare over heating issues which I have yet to encounter but I have been like a hawk watching that temp gauge. The previous owner had wired in an aux fan on a switch which i have yet to use because I haven't encountered any over heating issues.....yet. Anyways if anyone has any advice for me im all ears, if anyone is local and wants meet and give me some pointers the would be awesome since I dont have any friends here and would like to meet some new people with similar interests.

Japanrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
Xd_shooter676
1947 CJ2A 

I live in massillon not far from u! We could always meet up and talk jeeps . Pm me we can set up something
Xd_shooter676 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.