Jeep skool - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Jeep skool

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 11-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
buckeyedolfan
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep skool

Anyone heading to jeep skool this weekend?

Sent from my HTC using JeepForum

buckeyedolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
Gainer
2000 TJ Wrangler 

yep. Heading up Saturday morning and back home Saturday night

2000 TJ, 2"RC lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone Destination M/T, 4.56 USA Standard Gears, McLeod clutch
2005 WK, 2" Daystar
Amsoil.... GO ERIK BUELL RACING, Geoff May and Danny Eslick!! Hope to see you on the box!!
Gainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 02:56 AM   #3
buckeyedolfan
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Same here. Whats your favorite area at jeep skool?

Unread 11-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
Gainer
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm a noob, but I liked Blue Berry Hill, Made it up all trails except BB12. Got stuck on Mean Grean. Took the top and doors off to avoid damage, got winched about a foot (I was stuck on a stump) and was good to go from there. Tried the Dunk tank.... needed the winch service again. I've only been once, but I'm hoping to go a lot the coming summer. Camping, fishing... and maybe a beer or three.

2000 TJ, 2"RC lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone Destination M/T, 4.56 USA Standard Gears, McLeod clutch
2005 WK, 2" Daystar
Amsoil.... GO ERIK BUELL RACING, Geoff May and Danny Eslick!! Hope to see you on the box!!
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #5
buckeyedolfan
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have only been once also,in september. We liked blueberry hill alot. Looked at dunk tank and turned around,LOL. I liked the backwoods trails. Not sure what alot of areas are called but we did most of them.....i think.

Unread 11-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #6
relgnarw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I really love a bunch of different places. Frazer Hill, Photo Run/PR Extreme, Old School house. There are also a few trails around the sand traps that are pretty cool.

My onboard air build.
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/viair-install-02-tj-w-cruise-5-spd-1379665/[/url]
relgnarw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #7
buckeyedolfan
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by relgnarw
I really love a bunch of different places. Frazer Hill, Photo Run/PR Extreme, Old School house. There are also a few trails around the sand traps that are pretty cool.
So when you say sand traps,is that the sandy area near the front or the sand in the back area near the gun range?

Unread 11-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #8
Gainer
2000 TJ Wrangler 

looking forward to seeing how the aussie locker works
jeep-creek.jpg  

2005 WK, 2" Daystar
Unread 11-04-2011, 02:29 AM   #9
relgnarw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyedolfan View Post
So when you say sand traps,is that the sandy area near the front or the sand in the back area near the gun range?

Up front, near the factory by Ski Jump (which is also cool).

My onboard air build.
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/viair-install-02-tj-w-cruise-5-spd-1379665/[/url]
Unread 11-04-2011, 07:32 AM   #10
buckeyedolfan
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainer View Post
looking forward to seeing how the aussie locker works
i am looking at Aussie lockers. Interested to see how they work out for you.
Unread 11-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #11
buckeyedolfan
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by relgnarw View Post
Up front, near the factory by Ski Jump (which is also cool).

Ok. i must have missed those trails. I did try Ski jump but failed. I am going to give it hell again and see what happens. I have to try and get my sway bars disconnected tonight so i have better luck climbing this time.
Unread 11-04-2011, 08:21 AM   #12
Gainer
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It doesn't look like it has rained in the Garrettsville much if any in the last few days. Should make some of the trails a little more doable. So far I'm liking the Aussie. I just wont drive it on snow covered roads in 4 wheel drive. If you see my jeep, make sure you introduce yourself

2005 WK, 2" Daystar
Unread 11-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #13
buckeyedolfan
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainer
It doesn't look like it has rained in the Garrettsville much if any in the last few days. Should make some of the trails a little more doable. So far I'm liking the Aussie. I just wont drive it on snow covered roads in 4 wheel drive. If you see my jeep, make sure you introduce yourself
No rain is a good thing. Yeah i have heard aussie lockers arent the best for snow/ice roads.
So whats your jeep look like?
I drive a red 99 tj with grill painted black,no lift,31" goodyear authoritys on dick cepek DC2 rims.
I will be wheelin with another red TJ and a silver Rubicon.

Unread 11-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #14
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You guys are aware this is jeepskools last month correct? SHC (southington hunting club) owns the property and was leasing it to Kelly (robocon) due to his latest antics they are not renewing the contract with him at the end of the year. They are however going to reopen the property under a new name and new trail leaders eventually... You can bring yourself more up to date on this subject by joining my club and looking through the threads on it.
www.neo4x4.com
Wannagojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #15
relgnarw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannagojeep View Post
You guys are aware this is jeepskools last month correct? SHC (southington hunting club) owns the property and was leasing it to Kelly (robocon) due to his latest antics they are not renewing the contract with him at the end of the year. They are however going to reopen the property under a new name and new trail leaders eventually... You can bring yourself more up to date on this subject by joining my club and looking through the threads on it.
www.neo4x4.com
Yup, I've been following it since early spring.

My onboard air build.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.