Jeep Factory Tour? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Jeep Factory Tour?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #76
Matt_G
1979 CJ5 

what time?

Matt_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #77
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_G View Post
what time?
Don't know. Gotta see if it's for sure we'll have it again to get that figured. It'll be after noon, we know that much.

At the end of the month I get to go to the New York International Auto Show and attempt to win a new Jeep Wrangler Islander. Free trip and all that there and back.
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #78
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Alright guys, we're back on again. And anyone wanting to go is gonna have to e-mail me contact info (cell phone at the least)

Quote:
Chris:

I wanted to let you know that your tour request for May 14 has been confirmed. That said, please understand that production schedules change weekly and are out of my control, so there is no guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your group until we're a couple of weeks out.

We would ask that you limit the size of your group to no more than 20. You should plan on sending me a confirmed list of participants with their contact information (including cell phones) by April 30.

We will provide information to you as we get closer about where your group should park and meet. Please plan on having the group assembled by 9 a.m. Those not with the group by 9 a.m. will not be admitted into the plant.

We typically don't allow cameras into our facilities, however I'm asking for an exception to this rule for your group. Until I have official approval, you should plan on no cameras or camera phones being allowed into the plant.

We are looking forward to hosting your group. We will be in touch again as we get closer to the date.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
So we ARE confirmed, the date may get moved a few weeks out depending if there's no/low production that week. (After all, she wants us to actually be there when there IS production going on).

So please locate my e-mail in my profile (fhajad@gmail.com), as I don't have a real account here, so PMs would get cluttered way too fast.

I'll let everyone know when the magic # 20 gets hit.

Last edited by Fhajad; 03-23-2010 at 11:06 AM..
Unread 03-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #79
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Is it too late to join in on this? Pardon me for not reading all 6 pages.

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #80
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

It's not. Just make sure whoever e-mails to give me your contact info (Cell and whatnot), Chrysler wants it for the list of people.
Unread 03-27-2010, 06:45 AM   #81
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhajad View Post
It's not. Just make sure whoever e-mails to give me your contact info (Cell and whatnot), Chrysler wants it for the list of people.
I dropped you an email last night and I'm emailing my contact info right now.

Unread 03-29-2010, 12:49 AM   #82
bojang
2005 TJ Wrangler 

email sent

Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that I ask for.

Never trust a lumpy fart.
bojang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 01:37 AM   #83
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

damn, this would be the coolest thing ever to do. I sent you an email.

Edit: make that two... forgot contact info.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:16 PM   #84
Junior2428

Just sent pm...I hope there is still room available.....
Junior2428 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #85
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

There still is Junior. I got your e-mail as well. I just got home from the Jeep contest in NYC (I got to meet the Jeep CEO, head of PR and a few others, they were all pretty cool.)
Unread 04-02-2010, 04:00 AM   #86
Junior2428

That's cool. Did they say anything worth mentioning?
Junior2428 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2010, 05:49 AM   #87
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

My wife and I are in... sending email now. We'll drive over from Indy, but will be there by 9am. Very cool, and thanks for arranging this Fhajad.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

Last edited by grogie; 04-02-2010 at 06:27 AM..
grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #88
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior2428 View Post
That's cool. Did they say anything worth mentioning?
I mentioned it in passing to the PR guy. Telling him how in one week I got tour approval, that contest, and a job. So I was on a good streak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
My wife and I are in... sending email now. We'll drive over from Indy, but will be there by 9am. Very cool, and thanks for arranging this Fhajad.
Thank you for the donation! I appreciate it.

-----------------------------------------------------

We're up to about 10 people now. So just keep sending in some e-mails, people!
Unread 04-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #89
ArcherAce
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you want to see how your Jeep is made, jump on this opportunity. Public tours are unheard of nowadays. I haven't seen one come through since the 80's.

I'll also add that upper management in the plant is aware of your tour and are expecting you. So, you can be sure that your contact in PR has passed on the info to the plant.

If you're still there when second shift starts on the Wrangler line, stop by the flat top and say "hi". I'll be doing the electrical test.
OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Aerodynamics are overrated
ArcherAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 06:01 AM   #90
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAce View Post
If you want to see how your Jeep is made, jump on this opportunity. Public tours are unheard of nowadays. I haven't seen one come through since the 80's.

I'll also add that upper management in the plant is aware of your tour and are expecting you. So, you can be sure that your contact in PR has passed on the info to the plant.

If you're still there when second shift starts on the Wrangler line, stop by the flat top and say "hi". I'll be doing the electrical test.
Back when I was heavily into Panther based Fords (Crown Vic's & Grand Marquis's), Ford did 'STAP' every year. It took place at the St. Thomas Assembly Plant (thus the name) in Ont. They'd run several groups of 60 people through a factory tour, and it was a big of an event for Ford as it was for the owners. They loved having 100+ cars return home for the event.

Granted, that was afew years ago, and now that STAP is closing, I'm sure that has changed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.