I'm moving to Dayton, OH! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > I'm moving to Dayton, OH!

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 08-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm moving to Dayton, OH!

Can't wait!

Who lives in the Centerville/Beaver Creek/Kettering/West Carollton area?

I should be moving there mid-late September... I got a job offer today and I'm going to act on it tomorrow afternoon

Quick question... will I have a problem daily driving my Jeep for a few weeks in the area? I'm going to sell my other vehicle to fund the move until I can manage to get another daily driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
jerrymmbeer
1989 XJ Cherokee 

you may need fender flares
jerrymmbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

congrats man - hope your able to make it the Indy way - us IndyOrvers would love to show you around badlands and redbird

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
97tjeff
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ohio has no fender flare laws. Depending on the county there are emissions tests. You shouldn't have an issue. There's a guy over by me with a full width, stretched YJ and I doubt he has any problems.
97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
Jeeper75
1975 CJ5 

Cool, I live just north of Dayton, Ohio but I go to college in Dayton. What brings you to Dayton, Ohio?
Unread 08-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrymmbeer View Post
you may need fender flares
Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
congrats man - hope your able to make it the Indy way - us IndyOrvers would love to show you around badlands and redbird
He'll literally be 3 hours away from you guys...lucky him

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97tjeff View Post
Ohio has no fender flare laws. Depending on the county there are emissions tests. You shouldn't have an issue. There's a guy over by me with a full width, stretched YJ and I doubt he has any problems.
Troof.

Let me know when you get in, I may have to make a trek down to Dayton to welcome you to the party

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
samuraisavr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm about 30-45 mins south of you in cincinnati. I seriously doubt that any police in dayton will hassle you over your jeep. I've never had any issues about being flareless, or being too wide. No emissions crap to worry about. What part of dayton are you moving to? and what line of work brings ya here.
Pocket
samuraisavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 10:03 AM   #8
kbarwall
1985 CJ7 

not to far south from dayton myself, good luck with the job offer
kbarwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #9
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be there starting work on September 20th Moving the 17-18-19.

Sorry for the late update... I always forget about regional forum posts

Quote:
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
Unread 08-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #10
modfox
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yes Welcome!
You shouldnt have any issues!
Nice rig!!!
modfox is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #11
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modfox View Post
Yes Welcome!
You shouldnt have any issues!
Nice rig!!!
Thanks!

I'll be coming up there next weekend(Aug 21) to look for apartments in the area, any suggestions preferably close to the Centerville mall area? My wife and I have a few places picked up to look at... trying to keep the rent under $700/mo, closer to $650 if possible for something with 2 BRs and is cat-friendly

Quote:
Currently Jeepless.
Unread 08-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #12
97tjeff
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander757 View Post
Thanks!

I'll be coming up there next weekend(Aug 21) to look for apartments in the area, any suggestions preferably close to the Centerville mall area? My wife and I have a few places picked up to look at... trying to keep the rent under $700/mo, closer to $650 if possible for something with 2 BRs and is cat-friendly
I used to do some business on alex road, there's a lot of nice houses and apartment complexes over there. Its the exit right before miamisburg road (I can't remember the name) but you should check it out. Or head west on miamisburg road, there's some places over that way too.
97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 11:57 PM   #13
skeeterbeater
1995 YJ Wrangler 

you should be fine with the jeep on the road up here. after you get moved in and sitiated if you want to come out to my place and do some wheelin/fishin/swimmin/drinkin send me a pm. i'm about a half hour west from you on SR 725
Unread 08-22-2010, 07:44 AM   #14
kbarwall
1985 CJ7 

flatfender, and anyone else, some friends and I are heading to the badlands on sep 24 (friday) after work, not sure how long we still stay, most likely camp friday night wheel saturday and return home sat night, or stay sat night and returno home sunday morning. For now there are 4 of us maybe 5, one stock jeep 1 close to stock rubicon, one lifted on 33's and then me lifted on35's, and one lifted rubicon on 35's. All have stock drivetrains, so us non-rubis are obviously open diffs front and back, I may have that changed by then we will see. But anyway, if you all are interested in going out with us just let me know.

Kevin
kbarwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #15
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97tjeff View Post
I used to do some business on alex road, there's a lot of nice houses and apartment complexes over there. Its the exit right before miamisburg road (I can't remember the name) but you should check it out. Or head west on miamisburg road, there's some places over that way too.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbeater View Post
you should be fine with the jeep on the road up here. after you get moved in and sitiated if you want to come out to my place and do some wheelin/fishin/swimmin/drinkin send me a pm. i'm about a half hour west from you on SR 725
Sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarwall View Post
flatfender, and anyone else, some friends and I are heading to the badlands on sep 24 (friday) after work, not sure how long we still stay, most likely camp friday night wheel saturday and return home sat night, or stay sat night and returno home sunday morning. For now there are 4 of us maybe 5, one stock jeep 1 close to stock rubicon, one lifted on 33's and then me lifted on35's, and one lifted rubicon on 35's. All have stock drivetrains, so us non-rubis are obviously open diffs front and back, I may have that changed by then we will see. But anyway, if you all are interested in going out with us just let me know.

Kevin
Sounds like fun, unfortunately we've got a lot of crap to move, I've also got some little things to do to my Jeep before I wheel it again, my wife is sick of Jeep stuff, not for a month or two

Anyways we found a place in Miamisburg, a tad over our budget but water is included in the bill so it is really not a difference... still about $200 cheaper than VB with an extra bedroom/bathroom and a sweet deck for BBQing on, a fireplace, and we have quiet old people above us

Unfortunately no garage(and all the apartments that DID have them were either out of places to rent or way over budget). Will be needing someone to stow my toolbox and shop press and (eventually) get a storage unit to put them in.

The really cool thing is that the place has a home-buying assistance program so once Shaynea gets a job and we're here for a little while, we can go through a realtor(associated w/ the apartment complex) and buy a house and terminate the lease without any fees or anything

Hoping to look for a house this coming spring

Quote:
Currently Jeepless.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.