Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

I'm moving to Dayton, OH!

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Recoil 
#1 ·
Can't wait!

Who lives in the Centerville/Beaver Creek/Kettering/West Carollton area?

I should be moving there mid-late September... I got a job offer today and I'm going to act on it tomorrow afternoon:thumbsup:

Quick question... will I have a problem daily driving my Jeep for a few weeks in the area? I'm going to sell my other vehicle to fund the move until I can manage to get another daily driver.:rtft:

See less See more
#6 ·
Wrong

congrats man - hope your able to make it the Indy way - us IndyOrvers would love to show you around badlands and redbird :thumbsup:
He'll literally be 3 hours away from you guys...lucky him :rolleyes: :rofl:

Ohio has no fender flare laws. Depending on the county there are emissions tests. You shouldn't have an issue. There's a guy over by me with a full width, stretched YJ and I doubt he has any problems.
Troof. :thumbsup:

Let me know when you get in, I may have to make a trek down to Dayton to welcome you to the party

#7 ·
I'm about 30-45 mins south of you in cincinnati. I seriously doubt that any police in dayton will hassle you over your jeep. I've never had any issues about being flareless, or being too wide. No emissions crap to worry about. What part of dayton are you moving to? and what line of work brings ya here.

#9 ·
I'll be there starting work on September 20th:cheers2: Moving the 17-18-19.

Sorry for the late update... I always forget about regional forum posts:laugh:

#11 ·
Thanks!:thumbsup:

I'll be coming up there next weekend(Aug 21) to look for apartments in the area, any suggestions preferably close to the Centerville mall area? My wife and I have a few places picked up to look at... trying to keep the rent under $700/mo, closer to $650 if possible for something with 2 BRs and is cat-friendly :thumbsup:

#13 ·
you should be fine with the jeep on the road up here. after you get moved in and sitiated if you want to come out to my place and do some wheelin/fishin/swimmin/drinkin send me a pm. i'm about a half hour west from you on SR 725

#14 ·
flatfender, and anyone else, some friends and I are heading to the badlands on sep 24 (friday) after work, not sure how long we still stay, most likely camp friday night wheel saturday and return home sat night, or stay sat night and returno home sunday morning. For now there are 4 of us maybe 5, one stock jeep 1 close to stock rubicon, one lifted on 33's and then me lifted on35's, and one lifted rubicon on 35's. All have stock drivetrains, so us non-rubis are obviously open diffs front and back, I may have that changed by then we will see. But anyway, if you all are interested in going out with us just let me know.

Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.