Help!: Greater Cleveland Ohio area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Help!: Greater Cleveland Ohio area

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
stormtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Help!: Greater Cleveland Ohio area

I will hopefully be recieving my arb airlocker that I purchased off eBay shortly. Anyone with experience in install and rehearing have interest in helping/teaching? Not much to offer but will offer some for any help. Thank you!

stormtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I wish I could help, also wish I could direct you to someone who could. The guy who did my ARB install is no longer in the business.

Good luck!

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
stormtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thank you anyways!. Locker came in today. Have to order my gears. im going to tear apart the axle today for something to do till then.. any help people will be appreciated! My buddy and i who have a little mechanical experience are going to try to tackle it with just the instruction!
Unread 08-20-2010, 04:50 AM   #4
stormtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Bump for help. Started and I'm A little over my head
Unread 08-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yea, the ARB install and gear set-up isn't easy. Just take your time.

Do you have the tools you need?

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #6
HIPPER

Where are you located? I may be able to help sometime. I could at least stop over and point you in the right direction.

If you are taking things apart, make sure you know exactly where everything was. It will make it easier to setup the new gears.

You can try "On and Off Road" in Oberlin, OH and there is also HMH Offroad in Twinsburg, OH

Call me or e-mail me
Good luck
Brandon
bhipp@heinens.com

Check out www.hippshobbies.com for all your 4x4 needs. Our product line is constantly growing so I can get you almost anything you want, just e-mail me your request and I'll get you a quote brandon@hippshobbies.com

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
HIPPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #7
stormtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in seven hills. If I don't get assistance I was going to just cough up the 900$ that hmh wants to do the front and rear.
Unread 08-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #8
HIPPER

Does that price include any parts, or is that just labor? I'll bet Bob at On and Off Road is cheaper. He is a great guy and will probably do a better job.

Are the axles still in the Jeep? How soon do you need it done?

Check out www.hippshobbies.com for all your 4x4 needs. Our product line is constantly growing so I can get you almost anything you want, just e-mail me your request and I'll get you a quote brandon@hippshobbies.com

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Unread 08-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
stormtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

They're still under the jeep. That's with an install kit for the front and me running the airline and hooking up the wiring for the arb. I don't need it done quickly it's not my dd. Just going through jeep withdrawls and would really like it to be back on the road
Unread 08-24-2010, 10:00 PM   #10
stormtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have to trailer it wherever I take it since I already have the stock carrier out of the rear
Unread 08-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #11
HIPPER

That's a lot of money for labor. The install kit is only about 100 bucks retail. I charged 250.00 each plus parts the last time I did gears for a guy (they were out of the Jeep). The wiring and air lines might have been a few more bucks, but not much.

I have all the tools needed, I'll check my calendar to see if I can help you out. It's been a crazy summer for me and I'm about to move so I can't promise anything but I'll try. Give me a call sometime this week.

Brandon

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Unread 08-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #12
stormtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you. That'd be awesome if you could help especially since you have the tools I won't have to invest a ton into them like I was going to. I work nights so I'll call you tomorrow afternoon when I wake up probably around 4ish

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.