Hello From Youngstown! - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Hello From Youngstown!

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 01-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
97tjeff
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 611
Hello From Youngstown!

Hey all,

Recently moved to Boardman. Looking for a group of guys/gals to wheel with; show me the area and whatnot. Already planning on meeting up with the erie shores guys, but club/no club doesn't matter; just want some people to go wheeling with and have a good time.

97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
_Kyle_
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Abingdon, MD
Posts: 2,760
Welcome. I'm sure the locals will chime in soon!
__________________
-Kyle

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 02:49 AM   #3
Machine154
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lombard, IL
Posts: 88
I am originally from Ashtabula. I head back on Thanksgivings and sometimes other things. I'd like to offroad there on one of my visits, but couldn't find any good published spots reasonably close. What have you found in the area so far?
__________________
2009 Sunburst Orange Rubi
2 Door Auto
LOD Middy Bumper and Warn XD9000I
1.75" BB, Super Swamper LTB 33x13.5x16
Superchips Flashpaq, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Kilby Evap Relocation
Machine154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:03 AM   #4
BILL G
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Zanesville,Ohio
Posts: 655
You are right next to Jeepskool.It is not for everyone.But I suggest you give it a try and make up your own mind.You can check them out at Welcome to JeepSkool.com! Robocon is adding more obstacles so it may become more viable to the hardcore guys.
BILL G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
97tjeff
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 611
Machine, I really haven't found anything in the area, but I haven't had an opportunity to drive around a whole lot and check it out.

Bill, I heard that jeepskool was, well, different...
97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #6
BILL G
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Zanesville,Ohio
Posts: 655
You need to check it out for your self and make up your own mind.Don't pay attention to everything you hear.Ck them out and let us know your honest opinion.
BILL G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
MWilcox
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NW PA
Posts: 273
You were invited to come along New years Day. What happened? We will have another ride on Feb. 6th, clear your schedule. I'll let you know where it will be when it gets closer, not really sure right now.

-Mike
__________________
'05 supercharged LJ Rubicon 6-spd, 4 speed Atlas, 6" Teraflex LCG pro, HP 60 front, Tera 60 rear, 5.38's, arb'd, full Tera skids, Raceline bead locks, 40" MT/R's, full cage, OBA, etc...
MWilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
97tjeff
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilcox View Post
You were invited to come along New years Day. What happened? We will have another ride on Feb. 6th, clear your schedule. I'll let you know where it will be when it gets closer, not really sure right now.

-Mike
Hey mike,

Sorry for the no show; I had the dash torn apart repairing a heater core and some shady wiring from the PO. Let me know about the next run, I'll be more than willing to meet up.
97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #9
MWilcox
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NW PA
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97tjeff View Post
Hey mike,

Sorry for the no show; I had the dash torn apart repairing a heater core and some shady wiring from the PO. Let me know about the next run, I'll be more than willing to meet up.
No problem man, it's all good. We'll be in touch!

-Mike
__________________
'05 supercharged LJ Rubicon 6-spd, 4 speed Atlas, 6" Teraflex LCG pro, HP 60 front, Tera 60 rear, 5.38's, arb'd, full Tera skids, Raceline bead locks, 40" MT/R's, full cage, OBA, etc...
MWilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
97tjeff
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilcox View Post
No problem man, it's all good. We'll be in touch!

-Mike
great, thanks. Just shoot me a PM with the details. If I have time, I'll take the hike out to Elyria for your club meeting. We'll see how it pans out.
97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #11
jamtoy
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Boardman, OH
Posts: 190
I'm in Boardman just down from Creekside. But it's going to be spring before I can get away. However 224 is getting rough enough that it's almost a trail ride on the daily commute
jamtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #12
97tjeff
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtoy View Post
I'm in Boardman just down from Creekside. But it's going to be spring before I can get away. However 224 is getting rough enough that it's almost a trail ride on the daily commute
tell me about it. I take 680 to 193 and it's pretty ridiculous.
97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #13
XJ-Obi
Registered User
1987 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 114
I live in Warren. There's a pretty sweet spot called Honda Hill in Niles. I heard it's private property but I've never gone there and not seen someone else riding around. Other than that there are a ton of trails across (what I'm assuming is private property) countless miles of backwoods. There's a spot over off of 193 by where I grew up, not hardcore or anything, just off road.

I just moved out here from California myself about 3 months ago so I'm having to refind all the places I grew up on.
__________________
Only in a Jeep 1987
XJ-Obi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #14
97tjeff
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-Obi View Post
I live in Warren. There's a pretty sweet spot called Honda Hill in Niles. I heard it's private property but I've never gone there and not seen someone else riding around. Other than that there are a ton of trails across (what I'm assuming is private property) countless miles of backwoods. There's a spot over off of 193 by where I grew up, not hardcore or anything, just off road.

I just moved out here from California myself about 3 months ago so I'm having to refind all the places I grew up on.
next time I'm out that way I'll have to shoot you a pm or somethin.
97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.