Columbus 4x4 Shop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Columbus 4x4 Shop

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-21-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
elfshadow
2007 WK 

Columbus 4x4 Shop

I recently became the owner of a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It is need of tires, but I am considering a budget boost for it before I spring for tires. I would be looking for someone to install this.

From the reading I have done it looks like Trailquest up in Plain City is the popular shop in these parts. They are a bit of a trek for me. I also know there is McCoy's 4x4 up in Grove City. I have not really read anything bad about them, but the posts I have found are a bit aged.

So... Does anyone have good or bad experiences to relay regarding McCoy's 4x4 in Grove City?

elfshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
Gainer
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have stopped in to McCoys and got some pricing on some parts and they were kinda high. I do most of my own installs so I am always on the hunt of cost effective parts. You could also try Trails West. The have a pretty big shop and they have pretty good hours.

2000 TJ, 2"RC lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone Destination M/T, 4.56 USA Standard Gears, McLeod clutch
2005 WK, 2" Daystar
Amsoil.... GO ERIK BUELL RACING, Geoff May and Danny Eslick!! Hope to see you on the box!!
Gainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
mateas
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I stop at Trails West about once a week to check out the used tires. They're really hit and miss on prices, some things are outrageous, other things are ok. There's Trail City in Mt. Vernon but WOW are they expensive. No input on the Grove City shop.
Unread 05-22-2012, 05:57 AM   #4
elfshadow
2007 WK 

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.

Gainer, looks like you might be right down by me. I am just touch further south than you outside of Mount Sterling.
elfshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You can skip Trail City here in Mount Vernon. I don't know anyone private that buys from them and I've lived in this town many years. Their customer base is all people that are sponsored by them or affiliates. Outrageously high prices on everything and terrible attitude toward normal customers.

Real shame because they could do some real business around here.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 06:52 AM   #6
wmphoto
2009 JK Wrangler 

Try Trails QUEST out in Plain City... Just west of Dublin... Very good guys out there and they definatly know what they are doing.
wmphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
jeepmonster71

I had all the work on my 05 Jeep TJ done at Mccoy's 4x4 in Grove City and i priced trails west and trailquest and i got a better deal at Mccoy's and the service was great.They did a good job and even detailed my jeep free when it was finished.I would definately return again and refer anyone looking for Jeep or other 4x4 parts or service.
1-jeep.jpg  
jeepmonster71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:49 AM   #8
BGDG280
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I am not a shop, I used to have a shop though and I have well over 25 years exp working on and modifying vehicles of all types. I can do installs :-)
Unread 03-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #9
CRAWLINWRANGLER
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, I live about 4 minuets from trailquest in plain city and they are really straight shooters and can do basicly anything you want to your jeep. They aren't just mechanics but they actually have a YouTube channel and they go out and run throught the woods with their jeeps. They know what their doing. I would highly rccomend trailquest

[OlllllllO] keepin the wheeling real
God forgives... Rocks and Trees Don't.
CRAWLINWRANGLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #10
tjdethbox
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am currently scheduled to get work done by mccoys and they are pretty fair in pricing I like how they work with me for payments and they work around for my work schedule
tjdethbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #11
Col06tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdethbox
I am currently scheduled to get work done by mccoys and they are pretty fair in pricing I like how they work with me for payments and they work around for my work schedule
So how did it go?
Col06tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #12
tjdethbox
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just got it in the shop because I finnally had a few days off and if it all goes accordingly I will have it by next Tuesday
tjdethbox is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.