JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Ohio Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f326/)
-   -   Columbus 4x4 Shop (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f326/columbus-4x4-shop-1371478/)

elfshadow 05-21-2012 05:41 AM

Columbus 4x4 Shop

I recently became the owner of a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It is need of tires, but I am considering a budget boost for it before I spring for tires. I would be looking for someone to install this.

From the reading I have done it looks like Trailquest up in Plain City is the popular shop in these parts. They are a bit of a trek for me. I also know there is McCoy's 4x4 up in Grove City. I have not really read anything bad about them, but the posts I have found are a bit aged.

So... Does anyone have good or bad experiences to relay regarding McCoy's 4x4 in Grove City?

Gainer 05-21-2012 08:46 AM

I have stopped in to McCoys and got some pricing on some parts and they were kinda high. I do most of my own installs so I am always on the hunt of cost effective parts. You could also try Trails West. The have a pretty big shop and they have pretty good hours.

mateas 05-21-2012 10:17 AM

I stop at Trails West about once a week to check out the used tires. They're really hit and miss on prices, some things are outrageous, other things are ok. There's Trail City in Mt. Vernon but WOW are they expensive. No input on the Grove City shop.

elfshadow 05-22-2012 05:57 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.

Gainer, looks like you might be right down by me. I am just touch further south than you outside of Mount Sterling.

hallsofstone 05-24-2012 12:20 PM

You can skip Trail City here in Mount Vernon. I don't know anyone private that buys from them and I've lived in this town many years. Their customer base is all people that are sponsored by them or affiliates. Outrageously high prices on everything and terrible attitude toward normal customers.

Real shame because they could do some real business around here.

wmphoto 05-31-2012 06:52 AM

Try Trails QUEST out in Plain City... Just west of Dublin... Very good guys out there and they definatly know what they are doing.

jeepmonster71 11-20-2012 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had all the work on my 05 Jeep TJ done at Mccoy's 4x4 in Grove City and i priced trails west and trailquest and i got a better deal at Mccoy's and the service was great.They did a good job and even detailed my jeep free when it was finished.I would definately return again and refer anyone looking for Jeep or other 4x4 parts or service.

BGDG280 02-25-2013 03:49 AM

I am not a shop, I used to have a shop though and I have well over 25 years exp working on and modifying vehicles of all types. I can do installs :-)

CRAWLINWRANGLER 03-12-2013 09:12 AM

Yes, I live about 4 minuets from trailquest in plain city and they are really straight shooters and can do basicly anything you want to your jeep. They aren't just mechanics but they actually have a YouTube channel and they go out and run throught the woods with their jeeps. They know what their doing. I would highly rccomend trailquest

[OlllllllO] keepin the wheeling real

tjdethbox 03-12-2013 05:59 PM

I am currently scheduled to get work done by mccoys and they are pretty fair in pricing I like how they work with me for payments and they work around for my work schedule

Col06tj 04-06-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjdethbox
I am currently scheduled to get work done by mccoys and they are pretty fair in pricing I like how they work with me for payments and they work around for my work schedule

So how did it go?

tjdethbox 04-13-2013 03:39 PM

Just got it in the shop because I finnally had a few days off and if it all goes accordingly I will have it by next Tuesday

The time now is 12:38 AM.