Cleveland????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Cleveland?????

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
overland884

Cleveland?????

Is there anything close to cleveland? I don't have a lifted jeep I just want to go offroading and have some fun

overland884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
Blu3rav3n
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Best I can point you to is off baumhart rd in lorain. Once you get off 90 head north and right after(and I Mean Right after) the tracks you go under on the left is a gravel entranceway. It is open to the public (its not bad I went there with only a 1" BB lift and got stuck once) The guy that owns the propitry leaves it open to 4wheelers and ORV. As long as you arnt being stupid even the state troopers dont care. Ive seen em comeback just to check out everyones rig.
Blu3rav3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Southington Offroad, Wellsville, and Dover Dirt Trails. Baumhart Rd. is bad news, also illegal! People put shopping carts among other things in the middle of the holes in hope to F*** your S*** up.

If you want to get out and explore check out us www.northeastohio4x4.com or Erie Shores Jeeps and 4x4s http://erieshoresjeeps.com/cgi/forum/index.php
Unread 03-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
snwchris

Southington Offroad I believe is once a month, First Weekend of the month.
They are located near Garretsville, OH and I think there's more information on their FB page.
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
supermover

is southington the same as jeepskool. or what jeepskool is now i mean.
supermover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #6
RSC17
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermover View Post
is southington the same as jeepskool. or what jeepskool is now i mean.
Southington Offroad is ran on the same property as JeepSkool but by a few different people.
RSC17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
overland884

How is southington over heard good things and bad things about it and I have a stock Jeep would I even be able to go there
overland884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #8
supermover

I have been there in a stock ranger before and still had a blast. So your stock jeep should be fine.
supermover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #9
Denz
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by overland884 View Post
How is southington over heard good things and bad things about it and I have a stock Jeep would I even be able to go there
What kind of jeep do you have? ( Fill our your profile) A stock jeep will do fine at southington. There are plenty of trails that you will have no problems with.
USN Jeep Club Hull # 104
Lake County Off road
Denz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #10
snwchris

Yea there are plenty of trails there for you to navigate as a stocker, but it is always good practice to wheel with a 2nd Jeep or vehicle as well.

I'm not sure if they've remarked the trails, but there are a couple that can be misleading
Unread 03-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #11
snwchris

JS is no longer affiliated with Southington.... the property I believe actually belongs to Southington Hunt Club and the owner who lives on the property by the lake.
Unread 03-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #12
darren2569
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by overland884 View Post
You will absolutely be fine with a stock jeep. I went almost every month for a year with a stock tj on street tires and was fine. Got stuck plenty but I really didn't damage anything serious (except for a oil pan vs rock incidient which was 100% "I should have known better").

I just got 32s last month and the April event with be my first trip out with them. My buddy is also going and as He is fairly new to Jeeps, we will be taking it easy. You're more than welcome to tag along with us.

I havent been since the "change" and I hear there are a lot of new trails but for the most part I know where to avoid with a stocker. Also, with regards to the bad-mouthing of the staff there, We have only ever had awesome experiences with them - even when we went on a "robo-ride" on our first visit, resulting in Judy And Brett having to spend 45mins winching us through the last part of the trail. In the rain. Getting eaten alive. For someone they just met!! And that is pretty much typical of all the people we have met there.

+1 on wheeling it stock for a while. It really will surprise you what it can do, and will greatly improve your driving skills. Its more fun too. Anyone can just roll over an obstacle with 40s and lockers, getting over it in a stocker is much more of a challenge, and more satisfying too
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
Danny0717
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu3rav3n View Post
Best I can point you to is off baumhart rd in lorain. Once you get off 90 head north and right after(and I Mean Right after) the tracks you go under on the left is a gravel entranceway. It is open to the public (its not bad I went there with only a 1" BB lift and got stuck once) The guy that owns the propitry leaves it open to 4wheelers and ORV. As long as you arnt being stupid even the state troopers dont care. Ive seen em comeback just to check out everyones rig.
Is this place still being used? I live close to here id like to check it out.
Danny0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #14
Blu3rav3n
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It is still open. Had a freind of mine head there over this past weekend, said its still alittle too wet in some ares(too deep). Gotta watch the lakes these ppl have dug out with there rigs over the years they get deep even more if its been raining for awhile.
Blu3rav3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #15
Danny0717
1998 ZJ 

Nice. Ill def go check it out. I just didn't want to go wondering into someones area lol. Do u know if there's just some areas to ride around in the mud or is everything like big water holes? Thanks.
Danny0717 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.