Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Cincinnati jeepers?

12K views 53 replies 29 participants last post by  michigan37 
#1 ·
Hey all! Just seein if anyone knows good places around here! Would love to meet some guys with the same interest, JEEPS!!!!!!!

#7 ·
How does Wheeler's compare??? I've heard a couple people around me mention it but they all ride ATVs and quads. How do the trails rate for a Jeep? Is it worth the time?

#9 ·
It's a lot like big rock in that there is a lot of easy trails and hillclimbs.
There is some good rocky creekbeds at both places, but you have to know how to get to them. I like big rock better myself as there is more trails to ride there, wheelers is pretty small only a couple hundred acres.

#14 ·
I'm in West Chester currently. Haspin is ok a lot of stupid drunks on weekend and just lack of respect and trail etiquette. But it is close and good to try just have to be aware of surrounding and others. Bills 491 is around crittendon KY and ok but kinda small, Big Rock I have only been with my atv and it is big enough to have fun but some of the hills would be ruff even in a truck. A few I wouldn't even attemp in my 400ex with full skids due to angles and amount of loose rocks but still had fun and probably different in trucks. Next big trip is going to be to like harlan county ky and black mountain. Daniel boone forest has 80k acres and allows trucks and quads and about 3.5 hr drive

#16 ·
I'm from NKY but I'd sure like to keep up on any meets or events that happen in the Cinci area. I learned the hard way not to go wheeling alone a long while ago. :D Most of my friends who have 4x4's of any make are totally paranoid about taking them off-road at all, even light trails.

#18 ·
I am just up the road from cincinnati in Monroe. Just sold my 99 4dr xj and picked up a 98 2 dr that needs some attn. Shouldn't be too long till its trail worthy. Its already lifted and geared, but the lift was a hack job and it needs some rear seat belts for the kids (who the hell removes seatbelts?) and I need get an actual exhaust hung under it. We need a JF.com cincy ride. All of us should meet up and go to the badlands for a day or weekend.

#22 ·
Hey all, I've just got my ZJ together from a salvage. It's TOTALLY stock.

I'm looking to start playing offrpoad, but I don't really want to mod my ZJ very much. It will primarily be a street use machine, so crazy stuff is off the table.

I'm located in Hamilton. I've never really gone wheelin' before. I got a pickup truck stuck pretty bad some years ago, but I've never actually LEARNED how to negotiate obstacles.

Is there anywhere around here that is friendly to stock ZJs?

#27 ·
I live in Liberty Township off Princeton Rd. I go to Shelton's, use to be called White Cross. Only about 45 minutes from my house. I loved it and go there twice a month. Shelton's is up by Miami Oxford's Campus. Who ever said its small hasn't been to the big section. It has two and one side is small. In 8 hours you can go threw the newbie small section and only scratched the big section.

These trails have been maintained and hold full side rigs no problem!

Oh and now there's no White Cross marking it... Just a gravel road that says Big Maple Farms. If the gate is closed call Wayne Shelton at 513-280-4032. GPS 7191 Morning Sun Rd. Oxford Ohio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.