Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

big weekend at thrashing trails xenia oh

8K views 53 replies 6 participants last post by  customizer1000 
#1 ·
:2thumbsup:im a cj guy so ill post it here but feel free to tell anyone with 4x4s to check it out. took my cj out there for the first time since "finishing it" and had a ball, winched everybody out(toyota was my first rescue of the day and my 3rd ha!), i busted up my soft top and doors, bent my spare tire mount, screwed up my winch controller, and popped a tire of the bead! it was an awesome day and i showed a few of the rest of the guys out there how its done.
the trails are great out there and the people just as nice, they have mud bogs, tall long hills, tight forest trails, plenty of obstacles.

there should be a couple jeep clubs out there next weekend leaning more towards sunday i think. let me know if you need directions.

#3 ·
Ill be there, i dont know about snow , i screwed my top up laying on a tree today. good thing my windsheild was there to keep me from rollin down the hill. long story short i need a sewing machine and need to bend my hardware and door back right. It was a cold ride home at sundown.

#5 ·
Just get ready for some fun. It cost 15 bucks for a driver, i think riders are 5 maybe not sure about kids. Its a great place lots af different terrain. light trails, tall muddy hills, steep some rocky areas sloppy areas, mud bogs.
I had a great time out there today. Ill be out again tomorrow. My carb was sputtering alot today so i may be suckin out there but ill be there none the less.
hope everybody has fun.

#8 ·
Go down 71 take 35 west to xenia 68 north through xenia 235 north west go on up a few miles turn right on west enon rd. maybe a mile up on the right side there will be a oldschool firetype truck. turn down the lane there through an open gate. there will be a trailer on the right where you pay.

#11 ·
Yeah I noticed that, Its gotten slicker and slicker the last three times. Last week everything was easy. Yesterday it was a lil hairy and today i was sliding all over the place could barely stay on the trail. Im not sure i saw ya out there. Saw alot of people though, which was good since alot of people including myself needed help.
Hope you enjoyed the place.

#13 ·
It was all mud Sunday. If it was dry, there would be some good hills to try. But as wet as it was.... you would be bouncing off trees....

I spent 5 bucks at the car wash there..
5 bucks at one close to home...
and I spent about a hour last night with my harry homeowner power washer finishing up the outside.

The inside is still wasted...:2thumbsup:

Attachments

#14 ·
Too much wheeling not enoungh picture taking here. My buddy is compiling a video though it should be on youtube soon. In the summertime when its dry there are some rocky hills but no real crawling. Some of the trails when its dryer have crawling aspects to them but they also get real tight if your a pretty jeep guy.

#17 ·
I cant say for the clubs but Im hoping to go this weekend. I told myself I wouldnt go wheeling with a top again this year and the weather just hasnt been right for it. But this weekend should be in the 50s or better and I plan on going sunday. Otherwise there is always at least a few guys out there maybe a dozen, and its often jeep heavy.

#18 ·
74Maverick said:
I cant say for the clubs but Im hoping to go this weekend. I told myself I wouldnt go wheeling with a top again this year and the weather just hasnt been right for it. But this weekend should be in the 50s or better and I plan on going sunday. Otherwise there is always at least a few guys out there maybe a dozen, and its often jeep heavy.
How are the trails? How much is it I've never been

#21 ·
If its wet the trails get pretty sloppy, but still fun. There are definitly some challenges there. And it changes every day I go. But the hills are fun and the holes are nasty. As far as size its in between 150 and 190 acres cant remember which. Always good people out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.