anyone from Ohio - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > anyone from Ohio

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutBlack Friday Deals !JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!

Unread 05-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #106
mgclark6

Lol, im researching oil pressure probs right now. I developed an engine knock after this trip. Hope its a cheap fix.

mgclark6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:07 AM   #107
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgclark6
Lol, im researching oil pressure probs right now. I developed an engine knock after this trip. Hope its a cheap fix.
Feel around the exhaust while it's running. May have a slight leak around the manifold. Would sound like a knock. If it is a small knock or tap you can run seafoam through it for 15 min and change oil.
Unread 06-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #108
fooked
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by godxzilla View Post
also in Westerville. Off Central College road
I'm in Westerville off Central College too. Small world.
fooked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #109
mgclark6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshefbuch

Feel around the exhaust while it's running. May have a slight leak around the manifold. Would sound like a knock. If it is a small knock or tap you can run seafoam through it for 15 min and change oil.
Most concerned about the low oil pressure. Even mech gauge reads 1-3psi at idle when hot. 20-30 when driving. Oilchanged, wix filter, new sender, new mech gauge, pulled valve cover, clean and no sludge, pulled oil pan, also looks really clean, oil pickup clean too. Gonna plastigauge bearings and prob will replace oil pump.
Unread 06-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #110
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Quote:

Most concerned about the low oil pressure. Even mech gauge reads 1-3psi at idle when hot. 20-30 when driving. Oilchanged, wix filter, new sender, new mech gauge, pulled valve cover, clean and no sludge, pulled oil pan, also looks really clean, oil pickup clean too. Gonna plastigauge bearings and prob will replace oil pump.
Don't forget to prime that oil pump. Not to be redundant but you'd be surprise how many forget too.
Unread 06-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #111
mgclark6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshefbuch

Don't forget to prime that oil pump. Not to be redundant but you'd be surprise how many forget too.
Not redundant at all, never knew it needed primed. Tks.
Unread 06-04-2013, 04:50 AM   #112
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:

Not redundant at all, never knew it needed primed. Tks.
I thought oil pumps were positive displacement.
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #113
godxzilla
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05renny View Post
Used to live off Central! Houses down by hamilton. Now by Westerville South! We should organize a meet somewhere!
Yeah, lets do that. I am on Course Drive in the Upper Albany West neighborhood. There are a few jeeps that I've noticed in this subdivision. One has the license plate "jeepnut" and is a TJ that looks pretty built, then there is a red JKU on 33" baja claws. There's also a black JK with black stock wheels (painted? plasti dip?) that I see around. A white stock JKU and a silver JK Rubi that I see in the hood. I also know a guy with a patriot blue TJ on 33's and mine is a midnight blue (same as patriot, but its an 06 ) TJ with a few things.
godxzilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #114
fooked
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by godxzilla View Post
I also know a guy with a patriot blue TJ on 33's and mine is a midnight blue (same as patriot, but its an 06 ) TJ with a few things.
Hey man. I've got the Patriot Blue TJ. We moved over to the new part of the subdivision. There's quite a few JK's that drive down my street. A pretty nice dark green one with flat fenders and what I think are 35's. I'm surprised how many jeeps we have in the neighborhood.
fooked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #115
wakeboarderNH
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm over here in Lima, and I really wanna go to Haspin, how are the trails?
wakeboarderNH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #116
tjdethbox
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooked View Post
Hey man. I've got the Patriot Blue TJ. We moved over to the new part of the subdivision. There's quite a few JK's that drive down my street. A pretty nice dark green one with flat fenders and what I think are 35's. I'm surprised how many jeeps we have in the neighborhood.
I don't live in westerville but I am up on campus with my muddy red keep mostly stock I believe I pass most the jeeps mentioned driving to my buddy's. Some really nice ones on summit from what I've seen too
tjdethbox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #117
Creepin97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboarderNH View Post
haspen is ALOT of fun, would definitely recommend checking it out.
Creepin97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #118
Bigdlensch
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboarderNH View Post
I too want to check out haspin heard it was awesome. There is also southington orv park to the north east. Don't forget about jeepjam in wilmington the weekend of the 16!
Bigdlensch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #119
nismo_2005
1995 YJ Wrangler 

there is also heiny farm in roseville
nismo_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #120
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Haspin isn't that great. Gets way to crazy with others out there. Big maple farm in Oxford isn't to bad. Went to dirty turtle early this summer for watching hill climbing as a buddy in the club was competing. Dirty turtle is really nice. Haspin is way over rated (tons of drunks driving there).
image-639602746.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.