anyone from Ohio - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > anyone from Ohio

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #61
74Maverick
1977 CJ5 

My 5 dont behave on the highway so much, but it does have front axle hop at 75 mph!!!

Unread 02-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #62
dragonmaile
1979 CJ7 

He'll I hate driving my 7 on 35 because of that
dragonmaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #63
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Maverick
Dayton area here. Anybody wanna go wheelin?
Nice 5 you got there. Good tire combo for mud bogs.
Unread 02-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #64
74Maverick
1977 CJ5 

Cj

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshefbuch View Post
Nice 5 you got there. Good tire combo for mud bogs.
It seems to work great wherever I go. I think it makes it a little more versatile. But it was really done out of necessity for two reasons. First 14 in boggers on narrow track axles will catch the big lugs on the springs. On my last jeep I had wide tracks and they seemed to work ok on it until I went wheeling at a place near xenia with alot of hill trails. Boggers suck at side hilling, and I tore up 2 tops in the process. The next weekend I stuck my 12.50 tsls up front and it actually went where I pointed. I still cant beleive Ive had these tires for 3 years on 3 jeeps and 1 bronco and I only paid 185 for all 6.

But yeah Im loving it. And I will definitly be getting it dirty this weekend. Any good spots up in piqua?
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #65
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Quote:

It seems to work great wherever I go. I think it makes it a little more versatile. But it was really done out of necessity for two reasons. First 14 in boggers on narrow track axles will catch the big lugs on the springs. On my last jeep I had wide tracks and they seemed to work ok on it until I went wheeling at a place near xenia with alot of hill trails. Boggers suck at side hilling, and I tore up 2 tops in the process. The next weekend I stuck my 12.50 tsls up front and it actually went where I pointed. I still cant beleive Ive had these tires for 3 years on 3 jeeps and 1 bronco and I only paid 185 for all 6.

But yeah Im loving it. And I will definitly be getting it dirty this weekend. Any good spots up in piqua?
Not legal spots. I don't do illegal wheeling and tread lightly. Since joining my club we wheel all the time and have two private property area's that are rather large to wheel on. Many of our rides are benefits that only cost $10 - $20. For our jeep jam event they had me be a trail leader as many were getting stuck in the mud.

Boggers have always sucked at preventing sideways slides. That's why many cut them.
image-2720388478.jpg  
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #66
74Maverick
1977 CJ5 

I dont know about tread lightly, those TREADS look pretty full to me lol! But that looks like alot of fun. I do have one place down here, thrashing trails, that is legal. However they have been very finiky trying to decide if they wanna be a 4x4 park or a atv park. But I really only go one other place, its not legal, but it also not illegal, and its been a very regular wheeling spot for a long time. People usually keep it clean aside from car theives dropping of hot cars.

I plan on making it to big maple farm and haspin alot more this year though.

I actually did groove and sipe two of my boggers last year. They could use it again though.
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #67
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
I dont know about tread lightly, those TREADS look pretty full to me lol! But that looks like alot of fun. I do have one place down here, thrashing trails, that is legal. However they have been very finiky trying to decide if they wanna be a 4x4 park or a atv park. But I really only go one other place, its not legal, but it also not illegal, and its been a very regular wheeling spot for a long time. People usually keep it clean aside from car theives dropping of hot cars.

I plan on making it to big maple farm and haspin alot more this year though.

I actually did groove and sipe two of my boggers last year. They could use it again though.
Tread lightly means legal wheeling and being responsible. Cleaning trails and taking care of them.

Our jeep jam is in Wilmington Ohio. August 16th weekend. It's $20 a day or $30 weekend. Members are half price and anyone just wanting to watch is $5. Vendors and DJ on loud speaker. Tons of door prizes and lots of trails. We wheel there all the time during the summer. It's way off the road that you can't hear or see us from any roads. All privately owned by one of our clubs big sponsors. The club fee is $24 a year and you get tons of discounts that it pays for itself if you need to order any parts from many companies. Tom woods is one of our big sponsors too.
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #68
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackolive99

I'm gonna mark this date in my calendar. I missed it last year, I don't want to miss it this year.
Discount double check. August 17-18th. All day. Members can start Friday 16th. No camping allowed. You will need to get own camp site which sugarcreek is down the road. NO ALCOHOL on premises. This is a kid friendly family event and we had jeep power wheels for kids to drive too.
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #69
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Canton but go to college in oxford ohio
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #70
Wrangler_91
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I live in northern kentucky (southern covington) but just accepted a job working in cincy. My club wheels around the area. Torcoffroad.com
Wrangler_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #71
94xjohio

Wellsville trip may 12 & 13
94xjohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #72
94xjohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackolive99 View Post
I'd like to check it out. I have a lower market lift on my XJ and a stock CJ. Just curious as to what I would need if I went.
Either or, rode w stock xjs before. I won't be doing any crazy climbs, dont have a cage yet
94xjohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:58 AM   #73
tjdethbox
1997 TJ Wrangler 

London just west of Columbus
tjdethbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #74
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdethbox
London just west of Columbus
My brother works for Stanley electric in London. He has a slightly modded xj
Unread 02-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #75
tjdethbox
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshefbuch View Post
My brother works for Stanley electric in London. He has a slightly modded xj
I used to work second shift there. But now I'm out in west Jefferson at db shenker 5 mins from a mini trail I ride quite often
tjdethbox is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.