JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Ohio Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f326/)
-   -   Any one frome the dayton area (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f326/any-one-frome-dayton-area-1508448/)

ford-recovery 04-12-2013 10:07 PM

Any one frome the dayton area

Looking for some outhe jeeps to go to shows and hang with an hit some privet spots I get to play at I have about 80 Akers to go to

RobzRidez 04-16-2013 10:49 AM

Which part of Dayton? I am in the Xenia area and just bought a YJ that I'm starting to build and would like to get out.

ford-recovery 04-16-2013 10:55 AM

From northridge

Easykill22 05-04-2013 09:21 PM

I'm from the xenia area too with a pretty mild tj. I'm always looking for more places to wheel around here since its mostly slim pickings

Sent via carrier pigeon

ford-recovery 05-04-2013 09:36 PM

I know the fealing I got a buddy that has 3farms an that is where we ride a lot his trails are made already lol

74Maverick 05-07-2013 03:05 PM

I got a cj5 and some buddys have a cj7 and a couple xjs. Were always looking for places to go where were actually allowed. Seems like we always end up going to rip rap. Sometimes they let us in to thrashing trails but its usually just for atvs.

74Maverick 05-07-2013 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here my 5.

Zabner28 05-12-2013 07:31 PM

From the dayton area also. Heard of Rip rap. The trussela in middletown and a few other places. Seems like the closest place that is decent is Haspin Acres

ford-recovery 05-12-2013 07:47 PM

I also herd there is a new place bye the green county ctc have not Ben there yet any one going to the swap meet next saterday

74Maverick 05-22-2013 04:35 AM

I was at the swap meet for a bit in my blue/green cj5 with the leaky brake line. Didnt buy anything but saw some cool jeeps. The place in greene county is called thrashing trails. Sometimes they let jeeps in sometimes they dont. They've been pandering to the atv lobbyists. They're first year they had 50-100 vehicles a weekend at $15 a rig plus $5 per passenger, and suddenly decided they didnt want road vehicles there last year. But i beleive you can get in if you call and ask. They have a number online somewhere and my buddy also has it. But its a cool fun spot. And the only legal one in the area. By the way been thinking about going to big maple farms this weekend, anybody interested? Id really like to camp and canoe at hueston woods and wheel a big maple for a whole weekend sometime. It'd be fun with a bunch of jeeps.

RobzRidez 05-23-2013 12:09 PM

Sounds like a cool idea for a trip but too short a notice for me this weekend. Never tried thrashing trails myself and I have ATV's also but sounds like they are a little picky, for good reason Im sure.

BTW... You have a couple of XJ's?? Im looking for a front drive shaft for my YJ rear swap, know of anything?

74Maverick 05-23-2013 09:13 PM

Yeah getting a bunch of jeeps together for that might take a while, but im still gonna do it. And yeah thrashing is worth checking out for sure if its close to ya.

And i have some buddys with xjs and one buddy who sold his xj still has a front shaft i was thinking about using it but if i cant ill hook you up.

RobzRidez 05-24-2013 08:44 AM

Sounds good Mav, I appreciate it. Im just down the road from you in Xenia so keep me in mind. Kinda new to the Wrangler thing but am going in full bore. Heading to the Springfield swap meet this weekend to look for an 8.8 that someone wants to give away! LOL Thanks again!

74Maverick 05-24-2013 07:18 PM

What gear ratio are you looking for? I ask because I have an explorer 8.8 31 spline 3.73 posi. Ive been wanting to use it for my ranger but it will be a while before i do. So i might be able to be talked out of it.

samuraisavr 05-25-2013 01:43 PM

I'm a little south of Dayton in Monroe. I got a little TJ that is basically stock, but is getting a small lift and 33s here shortly. It'd be cool to do a meet and greet somewhere between Dayton and Cincinnati. See how many of us we can round up and put faces with names.

The time now is 04:27 PM.