Any Columbus Ohio area Jeep Lift shops? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Ohio Jeep Forum > Any Columbus Ohio area Jeep Lift shops?

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #16
solo97tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

if ur up for a drive they know what they are doing and the prices are not bad.. they order my tires for me cool guys total country boys http://www.trailcity4x4.com/index.htm

solo97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 12:42 AM   #17
awalp
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanttj View Post
Trail Quest is a great shop (614-873-8337). They can do it all for someone with minimal wrench ability or can provide good advice for someone who wants to do it for themselves. They get parts for my projects at prices better than I can find anywhere else.

It's a family owned business that's in it for the long haul. Good people you can depend on.
+1 ! for Trail Quest
FYI: They charge $80 / hr

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo97tj View Post
if ur up for a drive they know what they are doing and the prices are not bad.. they order my tires for me cool guys total country boys http://www.trailcity4x4.com/index.htm
Thanks for info on this place, I'll have to see what they're all about.

Also will have to see what their hourly labor charge is.

--------------------------------

So far I've had my Jeep at Trail Quest twice in the last two weeks.

They've done great work. The specialize mainly in Jeeps! So they know what they're doing.

----

So far, the first time I took it there, they install the OME 2" Suspension system (including Steering stabilizer, WITHOUT T-Case drop), and a front CAM bolt kit. Cost a little under $300. They found a noise in my front drive shaft, warped front rotor, and 30% left on other brakes. They also lubed everything up nicely.

I also learned from them a few things that are extremely important as to how the differentials, t-case, and transmission are designed.
--- Thanks to them, I'll be able to remedy the design issue, and not break them.

The second time I brought my Jeep there, they installed a M.O.R.E. 1in body lift and Brown Dog Off-Road 1in Lifted Motor Mounts w/ new HD Engine Brackets. Did great work! (was even going to remove my front drive shaft for free until I got it replaced). They also discovered my water pump is going out fast and could go any time.
--- Thanks to them, they caught my water pump and front drive shaft in time to service them without causing any collateral damage.

They're not only good, but very good people. Talked to me on the phone for 30 minutes answer every question I had about control arms and tires.

--------

Today or Tomorrow, I'm bringing it back to them again, this time they're first replacing the water pump. Then installing a new Tom Woods custom made front drive shaft, Tom Woods rear drive shaft for 2-6" of lift, finishing the Tummy Tuck (BL and MML done) with a UCF Ultra high clearance skid plate, Lowpro transmission mount, and Rubicon compressor bracket. Then a Novak T-Case linkage cable conversion kit. Then installing upper rear adjustable control arms, and doing a complete fluids change.

They're great, I bought all 4 sets of control arms, and instead of installing them all, if it doesn't need a part, they let me know so I can return it rather than taking my money for labor. Great people.

------

When it's all said and done they'll have done....
1) OME 2" Suspension system with Steering Stabilizer (minus T-Case drop)
2) M.O.R.E. 1" BL
3) Brown Dog Off-Road (Rubber Type) 1in Motor Mount Lift + New HD engine brackets
4) Front CAM Bolt kit
5) Novak T-Case linkage cable conversion kit
6) UCF Ultra High Clearance Skid Plate w/ Rubicon Compressor Mount, + UCF Lowpro Tranny Mount
7) Tom Woods Custom Made Front drive shaft, 38.5in (1.5in longer), for ~2.5" suspension + 2-3" Tummy Tuck, totaling ~4.5-6" of lift at T-Case.
8) Tom Woods rear drive shaft for Jeep Rubicon lifted 2-6"
9) DayStar Upper Rear adjustable control arms
10) FlowMaster high flow low rpm water pump
11) Complete fluids change, differentials, transfer case, & transmission.
--- Then only if needed ----
A) Lower front adjustable control arms (if needed)
B) Lower rear adjustable control arms (if needed)
C) Upper front adjustable control arms (if needed)
awalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #18
03_X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Good to know there is a good reliable Jeep shop around here. I could be looking into them very soon.
03_X is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.