What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?

Unread 12-25-2011, 03:38 PM   #121
HeavyArms
2004 WJ 

Jeep got new floor mats and spot light for Christmas

Floor mats wont go in untill tomorrow because i plan on giving it a well deserved bath.

The spot lite is a Stanley 1M. The GF knew ive been wanting a new flash light so she decided to go a bit excessive. Its freaking bright!

forumrunner_20111225_173533.jpg   forumrunner_20111225_173548.jpg  
Unread 12-25-2011, 08:04 PM   #122
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyArms View Post
Jeep got new floor mats and spot light for Christmas

Floor mats wont go in untill tomorrow because i plan on giving it a well deserved bath.

The spot lite is a Stanley 1M. The GF knew ive been wanting a new flash light so she decided to go a bit excessive. Its freaking bright!
nice man i have one of those spot light they are pretty bright. are you keeping the jeep now? anyone down for a wheeling trip to rocks and valleys orv park? i been thinking about setting a date like the 30th or new years day.
4.5" Rough Country x series lift kit/ lifted xj 31x10.50 15x8 4"backspacing cragar rims/ trimmed front rear fenders/custom swaybar quick disconnects/custom winch bumper w/ warn winch/custom roof rack/ lights mounted.
my build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-jeep-build-xj-1156115/index3.html
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #123
HeavyArms
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXJMike20

nice man i have one of those spot light they are pretty bright. are you keeping the jeep now? anyone down for a wheeling trip to rocks and valleys orv park? i been thinking about setting a date like the 30th or new years day.
I havent come across anyone with cash or a good enough trade so yea i guess im keeping it lol. So for r&v, a good friend of mine hit a tree the other day. Hes alright but the jeeps not going anywhere for a while. Id love to go but friends come first.
Unread 12-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #124
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I havent come across anyone with cash or a good enough trade so yea i guess im keeping it lol. So for r&v, a good friend of mine hit a tree the other day. Hes alright but the jeeps not going anywhere for a while. Id love to go but friends come first.
glad to hear he is okay diffently man friends come first. i am debating if i should wait to go in january for awheeling trip.

to the thread i cleaned out the xj and bought a highland organizer storage bag for the cargo area in the xj for my tow straps/clevis/spot light/flashlight/ all my recovery gear/ and extra hoody and clothes. i now have a tool box/ tool set/hi lift jack/ recovery gear and shovel in the back area in a nice organized way.
4.5" Rough Country x series lift kit/ lifted xj 31x10.50 15x8 4"backspacing cragar rims/ trimmed front rear fenders/custom swaybar quick disconnects/custom winch bumper w/ warn winch/custom roof rack/ lights mounted.
my build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-jeep-build-xj-1156115/index3.html
Unread 12-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #125
HeavyArms
2004 WJ 

I really feel bad for him. We all told him 100's of times to put his front drive shaft back in. After going to where he crashed, there wasnt much he could do. Curvey road mixed with black ice.

On topic: cleaned the pig out today. It was getting BAD. i also picked up a diffrent muffler from a friend for it. I have a strange clunk and believe its the glass pack on the cross member.
Unread 12-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #126
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I really feel bad for him. We all told him 100's of times to put his front drive shaft back in. After going to where he crashed, there wasnt much he could do. Curvey road mixed with black ice.

On topic: cleaned the pig out today. It was getting BAD. i also picked up a diffrent muffler from a friend for it. I have a strange clunk and believe its the glass pack on the cross member.
yeah black ice sucks. glad to hear he is okay.

for the thread i had rust on my brand new cragar chrome center caps starting. went out and removed rust/ polished and wax it with armor all. worked great cleaned up my rims and chrome center caps nicely.
Unread 12-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #127
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i watched this rock crawling at st helen trails on youtube makes me want to go back and rock crawl.

and to the thread i took the xj to the local boat launch and slide on some ice under the alittle bit of snow we got and checked out the water and the hills not enough snow for sleding.

Unread 12-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #128
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Doing the gears. The first carrier I got had 5 thou runout on it, so I had to get another one. Then I punched a hole though the thrust washer trying to get the pin in for the new spider gears. Got that all squared away, and I'm working on getting a decent pattern on the gears.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #129
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Doing the gears. The first carrier I got had 5 thou runout on it, so I had to get another one. Then I punched a hole though the thrust washer trying to get the pin in for the new spider gears. Got that all squared away, and I'm working on getting a decent pattern on the gears.
awesome man do you have a write up or build thread?
Unread 12-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #130
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

No, no write up. There are so many other write ups out there, I didn't think another one would helpful.

No build thread either. I was getting ready to put one up because I'm doing more and more stuff, but then my hard drive crashed and I lost all my pics. I've I ever get the pics from that drive I'm going to make one.

I got a decent pattern tonight, but then continued to **** with it and went the wrong way. I went back, and a little further to try to correct. Backlash is a little tight right now, so no new pattern. Then I was called in for dinner so I called it a night.
Unread 12-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #131
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
No, no write up. There are so many other write ups out there, I didn't think another one would helpful.

No build thread either. I was getting ready to put one up because I'm doing more and more stuff, but then my hard drive crashed and I lost all my pics. I've I ever get the pics from that drive I'm going to make one.

I got a decent pattern tonight, but then continued to **** with it and went the wrong way. I went back, and a little further to try to correct. Backlash is a little tight right now, so no new pattern. Then I was called in for dinner so I called it a night.
a build thread would be awesome. i was thinking of doing a regear but almost everyone says take it to a shop for that. i dont think i would even attempt to mess with my gears i dont know nothing about regearing. i might do a axle swap find a d44 with gears 4.10 or 4.56 already in the axle.
Unread 12-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #132
JerseyJeeper
1995 ZJ 

hey beefcake3 i'm in spring lake, whats you wrangler look like i might have seen you around
Unread 12-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #133
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, if I can get the pics off my blown up hard drive I'm going to put one up.

Everyone who has set up gears had to learn at one point. There's a few special tools you have to have, and a few others that are nice to have. Patience is a must too. Since my Jeep gets stored in the winter, I have until spring to get it done. Hopefully it won't take that long. I have a few other plans for the winter, so I hope to get the front axle done shortly and move on to the rear.

I'd be wary of the gears in a junkyard axle because you don't know how long its sat there, sometimes the miles are unknown or the condition that they are in, etc, etc. I gutted this axle, so I know exactly what's in it. But that's just me. Other folks run the JY axles and gears and have no problem.
Unread 12-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #134
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yeah, if I can get the pics off my blown up hard drive I'm going to put one up.

Everyone who has set up gears had to learn at one point. There's a few special tools you have to have, and a few others that are nice to have. Patience is a must too. Since my Jeep gets stored in the winter, I have until spring to get it done. Hopefully it won't take that long. I have a few other plans for the winter, so I hope to get the front axle done shortly and move on to the rear.

I'd be wary of the gears in a junkyard axle because you don't know how long its sat there, sometimes the miles are unknown or the condition that they are in, etc, etc. I gutted this axle, so I know exactly what's in it. But that's just me. Other folks run the JY axles and gears and have no problem.
yeah thats true. so my best bet would be getting a d44 and then put new gears in. i was thinking of swapping d44 or keeping the chrysler 8.25 and regear it and put a locker in. but its pretty expensive to do that. I am currently on 31x10.50 and the power loss isnt bad and my mpg isnt really affected much. i am more set to put custom made skid plates on/high performance lights ipf/ rock rails/ put a locker in the rear before i mess with regearing the axles. my jeep is a daily driver.
Unread 12-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #135
HeavyArms
2004 WJ 

Put a pile of mile's on it today. Changed my thermostat the other night. The temp fluctuation went away but it still runs a bit warm. i have a water pump but need time to replace it. The heater is twice as hot now
Also later im going to check ALLLL my front end parts because for sum reason its "shifting" really bad. its almost like the track bar is loose or sumthing. I layed underneath and had the gf play with the wheel but i didnt see anything obvious. I also checked all my lug nuts, figuring that they may need re-torqued because i just had the front tire's off the other day. Nope they were all tight. It's starting to piss me off because all of my steering linkages and whatnot are only 3-4 months old!

Im starting to wonder if its my rims. Ive never ran 15x10's and have never wanted to lol. To bad i cant find a buyer for them

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.