Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread

301K views 8K replies 101 participants last post by  Jason 
#1 ·
What did you do to your xj/zj/wj/mj/cj/tj/yj/wk/CJ, FSJ, KK, KJ, etc. thread

didnt see a thread in the michigan area for what did you do to your jeep today. figure to start one. :laugh:

today i got my jeep xj ready for winter and made sure all my gear is in there. also tested my winch for the winter.

#238 ·
today found out i got a nice tax return coming back, i am looking at upgrading my shocks for longer lift shocks and upgrade adjustable control arms. the reason for this is that i am on stock shocks and stock control arms also the control arms angle isnt good since i am lifted 2-3" would like to correct the angle and improve the ride and handling/flexs. need some input on this what do you guys think?

#239 ·
I don't know a ton about the XJs, but the front suspension is about the same as the TJs. Is there a reason you need adjustable arms, or would some longer fixed arms work? If you don't necessarily need the adjustables, you could could save some money. I'd buy the best shocks you can. That really seems to be a bang-for-your-buck item.

#240 ·
yeah the xj are very similar to the tjs. i figure if i spend the money on lower control arms i guess i should go adjustable lowers. the adjustability would be nice to have. i was thinking of ordering bds suspension shocks.

#242 ·
Not sure about BDS, never heard good or bad. I searched here and found a couple reviews, all good. Do they make their own, or just rebadge someone else's?

Bilstens are perennial favorites. I think I will go with Fox shocks if mine ever blow up.
i think bds shocks are made by bds
yeah i would like bilstens shocks but are pretty expensive.

#243 ·
With shocks, I really think you get what you pay for. Not to say that BDS is bad, because the reviews say otherwise.

I think that either way you'll be in good shape compared to your too-short blown up stockers. :hahaha:

What control arms do you like?

#244 ·
i like the iro adjustable control arms. from ironrockoffroad.com

#246 ·
yeah those are nice.

#248 ·
BDS shocks rode great under my YJ. Rough County on the LJ were unremarkable, I like the ride of the Zone shocks I just installed - not sure if they are that good, or if my blown RC shocks were really that bad.

FWIW the owner of the shop that has done some work on my Jeep lately - Ironman Offroad in Saginaw - swears by the Bilsteins.

#249 ·
Bds shocks are great but i couldnt really tell any diffrence between then and Zone shocks.

What really made a big diffrence for me was going with nitro shocks. Now im a firm believer in nitros.

Right now im running zone nitros on my zj and there great.

#250 ·
i searched on here about jk shocks on xj between 2-4" of lift. also read they are the same measurement as stock? how is that going to work with 4" of lift? i was thinking about getting oem jk shocks.

#252 ·
i can get 4 jk shocks with 4000 miles used for $80 on classified add here on jeepforum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.