What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 12-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #91
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Axle and knuckles are sandblasted. Pulled the oil seals and cleaned thoroughly. Scraped of the old gasket material. Wire brushed the places I couldn't get to with the blaster and got it in primer. Carrier bearings are pulled from the old and new carriers. I measured the old shim stacks for a baseline set up. Pulled out the U-joints from the axle shafts. I bent one of the yoke ears after much fussing around trying to remove the 15 year old U-joint. : These axle shafts will end up being spares.

I now have 4 sets of carrier bearings for the D30. I was going to use one of the old sets I pulled off a carrier, but the cage got mangled on the first set I pulled. Later, my buddy came by with a spare set of D35 bearings. D30 and D35 use the same carrier bearings, so I measured the thickness of them and my final Dana bearings; both are 0.78, so I should be fine using these as setup bearings. I managed to pull another set off a carrier without trashing them, so I'll have another set for setup if necessary.

Next up is opening up the carrier bearings and setting up the new 4.56s.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #92
gorem
1998 ZJ 

I finally found time to throw pictures of my zj with the 1.25 in wheel spacers on her. Tell me what you think.
jeep1.jpg   jeep-2.jpg  
gorem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #93
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorem View Post
I finally found time to throw pictures of my zj with the 1.25 in wheel spacers on her. Tell me what you think.
are they in on those pictures? look like stock backspacing in pics.

waiting for the snow to come but seem like it isnt ever going to happen before christmas.
4.5" Rough Country x series lift kit/ lifted xj 31x10.50 15x8 4"backspacing cragar rims/ trimmed front rear fenders/custom swaybar quick disconnects/custom winch bumper w/ warn winch/custom roof rack/ lights mounted.
my build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-jeep-build-xj-1156115/index3.html
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #94
gorem
1998 ZJ 

Yes sir they are. I'll take a few more tomorrow to show you fellows.
gorem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #95
HeavyArms
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXJMike20

are they in on those pictures? look like stock backspacing in pics.

waiting for the snow to come but seem like it isnt ever going to happen before christmas.
I cant see it either.

As to the s-word. Stop using it or il shove a sock in ur intake! lol

Bought the jeep a christmas present today! Walmart had a pioneer combo for sale. A deck, 6.5" and 6x9 speakers all for $90.

Itl be better then my "mint" 1995 infinity speakers lol. Now i gotta find sum 10's
Unread 12-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #96
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyArms View Post
I cant see it either.

As to the s-word. Stop using it or il shove a sock in ur intake! lol

Bought the jeep a christmas present today! Walmart had a pioneer combo for sale. A deck, 6.5" and 6x9 speakers all for $90.

Itl be better then my "mint" 1995 infinity speakers lol. Now i gotta find sum 10's
lol

i got pioneer all speakers i dont have any subs but it sounds like it when i have it loud and custom setting. should buy a sub but dont really have no place to put it. i got my whole cargo area filled up with recovery gear/tool box/shovel /spare tire/hi lift jack.
4.5" Rough Country x series lift kit/ lifted xj 31x10.50 15x8 4"backspacing cragar rims/ trimmed front rear fenders/custom swaybar quick disconnects/custom winch bumper w/ warn winch/custom roof rack/ lights mounted.
my build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-jeep-build-xj-1156115/index3.html
Unread 12-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #97
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Got it dirty! We made a trip up to R&V on Sunday with 5 Jeeps and had a great time, only my second time there. A year ago I went for a day and poked around by myself but was reluctant to try any of the black trails without anyone else around. A little snow and mud but generally smooth sailing other than trying to get my vertically-challenged Jeep over some of the sharper break-overs. I like to think of it as grading the trails for the benefit of others!
Unread 12-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #98
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phittie1100 View Post
Got it dirty! We made a trip up to R&V on Sunday with 5 Jeeps and had a great time, only my second time there. A year ago I went for a day and poked around by myself but was reluctant to try any of the black trails without anyone else around. A little snow and mud but generally smooth sailing other than trying to get my vertically-challenged Jeep over some of the sharper break-overs. I like to think of it as grading the trails for the benefit of others!
awesome man. i got to go sometime to rocks and valleys! if i can get a group of ppl to go i will diffently make it up there.
Unread 12-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #99
HeavyArms
2004 WJ 

I wanna goto r&v

Posted my jeep on cl and gl for sale today :'(
Unread 12-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #100
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyArms View Post
I wanna goto r&v

Posted my jeep on cl and gl for sale today :'(
keep the jeep and go wheeling . why are you selling the jeep?
Unread 12-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #101
HeavyArms
2004 WJ 

Lets go! Meet me at r&v sum time nxt week! I have the next 2weks off work and i live all of 45mins away

Money issues are the reason. It needs alot of upkeep and im getting board of it.
Unread 12-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #102
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i would diffently go but, it gotta be like during the week i am off which is december 26th-january 2nd or next saturday or sunday. dang man sorry to hear you got to sell the jeep.
Unread 12-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #103
HeavyArms
2004 WJ 

Parks open dec 31st!

Wanna go!? Me and a buddy are already making plans to go now!
Unread 12-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #104
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

yeah. i got plans for the weekend but thinking of going for new years day. i will see if i can get a group of ppl to go from my area and we all can go wheeling there. what day are you thinking about going any set date of right now?
Unread 12-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #105
HeavyArms
2004 WJ 

We were thinking saturday the 31st but january 1st would work.

We arnt picky lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.