Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread

301K views 8K replies 101 participants last post by  Jason 
#1 ·
What did you do to your xj/zj/wj/mj/cj/tj/yj/wk/CJ, FSJ, KK, KJ, etc. thread

didnt see a thread in the michigan area for what did you do to your jeep today. figure to start one. :laugh:

today i got my jeep xj ready for winter and made sure all my gear is in there. also tested my winch for the winter.

#4 ·
there got to be more michigan jeepers doing stuff to their jeeps? :D

#5 ·
i put bosch wiper blades on the xj since my wipers were getting bad. lately prepping the xj for winter and getting my gear in the xj. want to buy a hi lift soon. :D

#8 ·
i didnt do much to the xj lately been wheeling it for the past 2 months at st helen trails and for thanks giving i am thinking of going to the mounds orv park event. i am back to work now so i am paying my dad off what i owe to him when i was laid off.

#9 ·
today i drove the xj and filled it up calculated my miles from last week. figure it out getting 16 mile per gallon with the 31x10.50 on 15x8 rims. (that is with stock gears 3.55).

dont let this thread die guys. all you jeep owners out there doing things to their jeeps wheeling it/ customizing it/ and etc. post it up. :)

#11 ·
I took an unplanned wheeling trip. I had a meeting at Genesee County Parks office, then some of the folks had never been to The Mounds so we took a quick run over to give them a tour. Somehow I ended up there for over 2 hours watching the big trucks play on the new Woodlands Rock Course, plus we poked around the tight twisty trails in between the two main roads. I had to be careful - I have not reinstalled my trans/engine skid after my tranny rebuild, left the winch on the shelf in the garage, no recovery gear...couldn't figure out why I couldn't talk to anyone until I realized my CB antenna was still in the garage too.

#12 ·
yeah that wouldnt be good getting stuck with out gear.

#14 ·
haha nice. nice zj man.

#21 ·
nice zj man. see you are running goodyear wrangler dura tracs what size tires?

#20 ·
the mounds is pretty awesome. i diffently want to go to rocks and valleys never been there.

#23 ·
yeah diffently that would be awesome.

#25 ·
Yeah i heard they were great tires i was thinking about getting a set of these but ended up with bfgs 31x10.50. next set of tires diffently going to be goodyear wrangler dura tracs. bfgs are great tire in my experience i put them through thick mud/sand/rocks they did awesome.

#26 ·
yeah i used to have the bfg all terrains and they are a great tire, but i got a pretty good deal o the goodyears, the only thing i have beef with the goodyears is that its a softer compound compared to the bfgs. but i love them there great in the sand and mud, havent had a chance to test them in the snow yet though. looking forward to it aha

#27 ·
same here didnt got a chance to test the bfg's in snow yet i upgraded to 31x10.50 in august.

#30 ·
lol. i didnt do anything to my xj today but i am going to work on my dad 1999 xj today with him.

#31 ·
#32 ·
Today put all of my wheeling stuff in the xj to keep in for winter and going wheeling tomorrow at st helen trails.

#33 ·
Ran into a nissan with it, worst mod ive ever done to it.

The nissan got the blunt enda the deal. As for my jeep, the bumpers tweeked around but nothing that hopefully cant be fixed.

Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle

I also swapped on my at's and pulled the sliders.

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel Car

Attachments

#35 ·
Ran into a nissan with it, worst mod ive ever done to it.

The nissan got the blunt enda the deal. As for my jeep, the bumpers tweeked around but nothing that hopefully cant be fixed.

View attachment 308592

I also swapped on my at's and pulled the sliders.

View attachment 308595
dang man that nissan got messed up. didnt look that bad of damage on yours.

#37 ·
thanks man. yeah i want to start a thread for michigan jeeps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.