What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread - Page 485 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140

Unread 10-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #7261
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingJeeper View Post
I'm in Rochester. SE MI if you don't know. I've got the Mounds close by, haven't been though. My brother went once I think, he didn't love it. But I'm itching to do something!
We are all itching to do something I think most of us have our rigs under construction for the time being. Missed us a couple weeks ago when a few of us went to Silver Lake.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/what-did-you-do-your-xj-mj-tj-zj-wj-wk-lj-jk-thread-1289204/"][B]Michigan BS Thread[/B][/URL]
Rubicon0311 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #7262
RisingJeeper
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Haha very true. I've had this jeep for coming up on a year. It was my brother's and he took it jeeping around here and out west but I haven't done any more than lots of dirt roads haha
RisingJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #7263
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingJeeper View Post
Haha very true. I've had this jeep for coming up on a year. It was my brother's and he took it jeeping around here and out west but I haven't done any more than lots of dirt roads haha
Well this is certainly the BS thread. We pretty much talk about anything and everything on here.

Jake, if you need a hand this weekend, let me know. You obviously know what I charge for services, let's just try to keep the Dirty Bastard to a minimum.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/what-did-you-do-your-xj-mj-tj-zj-wj-wk-lj-jk-thread-1289204/"][B]Michigan BS Thread[/B][/URL]
Unread 10-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #7264
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
Can you SEE through that welding helmet? I kid, looks good Curt. I wish you were in town, going to try to get som major work on the fleXJ done this weekend.

Trackbar parts should be here tomorrow, were supposed to come in today. Going to get that situation sorted out, and rebuild all the flex joints in one shot. If I can get some professional help in on it, I may even try to get the HP30 going. But that's a big "if".
Professional help so far as...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #7265
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311
Well this is certainly the BS thread. We pretty much talk about anything and everything on here. Jake, if you need a hand this weekend, let me know. You obviously know what I charge for services, let's just try to keep the Dirty Bastard to a minimum.
I may need a hand. I'll let ya know.
Unread 10-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #7266
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Professional help so far as...?
Someone with the skills and and tools to set up mah axles. I may see if Archie can do it, and can possibly get me on the alignment rack too.
Unread 10-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #7267
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Got my parrrrrts! I love getting parts. Working on it tomorrow. Weather is suck all weekend. I even got a donor garage since mine is too tiny.
Unread 10-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #7268
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Fixed it. Then took it to the proving grounds. Didn't prove much except I need more tire, and lockers.

There's an axle under there somewhere. Lost that flare too. Time to finally trim I guess.

Super custom ghillie camo driveshaft lol

Unread 10-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #7269
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome Nothing special tonight, Went to the Saugatuck brewery and now I'm sitting at home watching the game.

Unread 10-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #7270
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
Fixed it. Then took it to the proving grounds. Didn't prove much except I need more tire, and lockers.

There's an axle under there somewhere. Lost that flare too. Time to finally trim I guess.

Super custom ghillie camo driveshaft lol
Awesome pic of the ds lol
ashland82391 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #7271
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well..... I am no painter.

I cut it too short on my last coat of paint. It got cold and dried too slow, then the dew got on it. Lost most of the gloss on the horizontal surfaces. Sucks, but it will do it's job, and that's preventing rust. The trailer doesn't fit in the garage, so I can't re do it until it gets warm again.

Quote:
Unread 10-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #7272
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Well..... I am no painter.

I cut it too short on my last coat of paint. It got cold and dried too slow, then the dew got on it. Lost most of the gloss on the horizontal surfaces. Sucks, but it will do it's job, and that's preventing rust. The trailer doesn't fit in the garage, so I can't re do it until it gets warm again.
that sucks
Unread 10-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #7273
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

^^ Lesson learned friend.

I've never really got the art or science behind painting. I am going to paint my Jeep, and I learned a few things. No real damage done since it's just a trailer.

Quote:
Unread 10-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #7274
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
^^ Lesson learned friend.

I've never really got the art or science behind painting. I am going to paint my Jeep, and I learned a few things. No real damage done since it's just a trailer.
True
Unread 10-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #7275
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, so here's something new:

I have a slow leak in one of the rear tires on my truck. Because I haul pretty close to the max rating on the truck, I keep the psi at max (80 psi) and monitor it carefully. I check it twice when on trips -- once when I leave, again on the trip home. I've noticed lately that it looses a couple pounds over the course of a weekend. Didn't think a lot about it because temperature swings can drop a few pounds.

I haven't gone anywhere in 2 weeks so I haven't checked the tires. Looking out my kitchen window, that rear tire looked low. I checked the pressure and it was down to 50. Pumped it back up and made an appointment at Discount. Took it in today expecting a tire to have a nail or something in it. No. I can't be that lucky. Turns out my rim is cracked (!!!!!) and leaking air.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.