What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread - Page 464 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Offroad Sales Tech are Available To Help!Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, Disc

Unread 08-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #6946
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
Oh yeah guys, well my 4.0 has totally stock exhaust with a super 40 that dumps behind the rear bumper! Lololol

Preliminary congrats on the new place by the way, and welcome to the neighborhood!
Cool story bro

Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #6947
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Anybody wanna go to the junkyard this weekend? I'm going for a spare transfer case and WJ parts if they have them.
Unread 09-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #6948
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep learned how to flex with no obstacles!

image-3256013512.jpg

Rough Country should be sending me a new spring asap. Wish I was wheelin'.
Unread 09-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #6949
jtackerman28
1997 ZJ 

What happened? Rear or front?
Unread 09-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #6950
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Front. Nothing happened lol. It has felt a little loose on the road last day and a half, just happened to be looking at it in the yard last night and noticed the lean. I hardly ever wheel it anymore!
Rough Country seemed pretty cool about it when I called them. They are only sending me one spring, which may be weird because they are so stiff before settling in. May have an opposite lean
Unread 09-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #6951
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Went to the mounds today, had 33 Jeeps with the group. I played on the rocks and snapped the valve stem off the front tire. Good thing I threw the spare in the back of the truck.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #6952
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like you had fun

I am finally starting to get fed up with this soft top and decided I am either going to figure out why it fits like **** and fix the problem or replace the whole damn thing with a new one. Pics below of the worst spots, it fits like doo doo elseware but this is the worst spot.

Jason had suggested before that part of the frame could be bent somewhere, but I have looked it over for anything that looks out of place and there is nothing. Everything is buttoned up, and Velcro'd down inside. Ive attempted to contact Best Top 3 times through email, and I have left 2 voicemails about a month ago but never heard back from them.

Any ideas? The top is about 1 year old now.

Im also posting this in TJ tech, just a heads up...

Jason, I will be sitting for the first part of the A+ cert in a week or two then the second part a week after that. Then onto the MCSA or CCENT, not sure which yet. I have applied to about 20 different places, but I am grossly under-qualified (except for the two part time intern positions) so not surprisingly I have not received anything back from them.
--chris-- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #6953
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Drove my Jeep to the JY today, and after hitting some nasty bumps the front end is mysteriously level again. Da fuq?! I am suspecting that there is something wrong with that shock (I was parked on a goofy incline the day I noticed it was wonky).

Also got skunked at the yard. Only one NP231 worth going for, and after getting it about halfway out I saw it was grenaded completely in half. No WJ parts since they were all stripped. Not messing with junkyard brakes either.
Unread 09-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #6954
jtackerman28
1997 ZJ 

Check the way the spring is sitting on the pad. Shocks won't affect the way it sits. My jeep has sat level with no shocks
Unread 09-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #6955
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtackerman28
Check the way the spring is sitting on the pad. Shocks won't affect the way it sits. My jeep has sat level with no shocks
That was the first thing I checked. The retainer keeps em pretty planted at the base. I'm thinking the shock was bound up internally after sitting compressed for a day. Seems odd either way.
Unread 09-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #6956
jtackerman28
1997 ZJ 

Oh yeah maybe that could do it but that's odd
Unread 09-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #6957
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by --chris-- View Post
Looks like you had fun

I am finally starting to get fed up with this soft top and decided I am either going to figure out why it fits like **** and fix the problem or replace the whole damn thing with a new one. Pics below of the worst spots, it fits like doo doo elseware but this is the worst spot.

Jason had suggested before that part of the frame could be bent somewhere, but I have looked it over for anything that looks out of place and there is nothing. Everything is buttoned up, and Velcro'd down inside. Ive attempted to contact Best Top 3 times through email, and I have left 2 voicemails about a month ago but never heard back from them.

Any ideas? The top is about 1 year old now.

Im also posting this in TJ tech, just a heads up...
Not sure what I'm looking at here? (and don't remember specifics about prior conversations. ) The bottom of the window has a plastic thingy that slips in the rail on the tub. When I put my windows in, I zip the top part, fit the "B" pillar, connect the bottom part to the tub (you have pictured) then zip the rest ("C" pillar). I guess if the frame bows were bent, it wouldn't fit sung on the bottom.

You can bring it by so I can look at it if you want. It should not fit like that. My OEM top and my Pavement Ends aftermarket top are snug as can be. Buddy has a Bestop top and it is just fine. You could try your windows on my top?

Quote:
Originally Posted by --chris-- View Post

Jason, I will be sitting for the first part of the A+ cert in a week or two then the second part a week after that. Then onto the MCSA or CCENT, not sure which yet. I have applied to about 20 different places, but I am grossly under-qualified (except for the two part time intern positions) so not surprisingly I have not received anything back from them.
Keep plugging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #6958
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

We did good this weekend too. Camped up on state forest land on the Black River between Atlanta and Onaway. There was one camp spot we knew of, but it was already taken when we got there on Friday. We continued on until we found a spot that I could reasonably get the truck + camper + trailer + Jeep to. The trail to the camp spot was a narrow, sandy two track. I dented the fender on the trailer and put a big scratch down the side of the camper, but I got us there.

Overlooked the river:

We spent a few days riding on the state land out there, mostly exploring for fishing spots and camp sites. Nothing extreme, but lots of nature to see. Did some fishing. We seen a few elk too.

Quote:
Unread 09-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #6959
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

We do the maintenance on the ORV routes N of Atlanta up to Tomahawk Lake Hwy and over towards Hilman, and have spent a lot of time poking around up there. There are about 100 spots where creeks & streams cross the roads and two tracks creating little (and I mean little) ponds on either side of the culverts. We take our ultra lite gear and can make an afternoon out of pulling panfish, small bass and small pike from those holes. Too warm for trout or even walleye, but a great way to spend an afternoon with my son.
Unread 09-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #6960
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

One of these years, I'm going to join you all for the trail clean up. It never seems to work out for my schedule. I didn't even make it over to the ORV trails this trip -- too much to do on the West side of 33.

We got over to Foch lake and got into some blue gill and bass. Not enough to eat this time, so we had to resort to the salmon we brought with us for dunner. Black River has some trout, and I tried for a little bit to fish it, but didn't catch a thing.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.