What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread - Page 451 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREE

Reply
Unread 08-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #6751
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot
 
Rubicon0311's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 3,219
I was in a pickle anyway, I was at my parents house and needed to get home for work tomorrow. Not too bad, with my discount the control arm was only $70. We don't stock the bolts though, had to go to Oreillys to get them.

Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #6752
Jason
Sarcastic Genius
 
Jason's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 6,304
Is your discount any good?
__________________
"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #6753
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot
 
Rubicon0311's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 3,219
20% on everything but special order parts and oil.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #6754
Jason
Sarcastic Genius
 
Jason's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 6,304
Moog TREs special order?
__________________
"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #6755
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot
 
Rubicon0311's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 3,219
Actually, our stock Duralast parts are made by Moog, and they all come with a lifetime warranty
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #6756
Jason
Sarcastic Genius
 
Jason's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 6,304
I don't give a **** about lifetime warranty. The one thing I cheaped out on the axle build was ball joints. The driver side lifetime warranty Duralast crapped out with 200 miles on it (maybe even less?). Lifetime warranty doesn't mean anything if I have to replace it every 200 miles.

Anyway. /Rant.

I am looking at doing the ZJ tie rod and want the Moog parts. I want to replace the drag link TREs too while I'm at it.
__________________
"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #6757
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: , Michigan
Posts: 1,855
Finished up the dubJ. Was a ***** the entire time. But after test driving it I must say, the WJ is a good foundation for a build!

I have this week off work. First week I have EVER had off work. Time to get things done around the house, get work done on the Jeep, and have a life for a minute. Plans forming to camp at Silver Lake lend of the week!
__________________
'00 XJ not quite there...
YoureverydayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #6758
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot
 
Rubicon0311's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 3,219
I think Oreillys is the only place that sells name brand Moogs, we aren't able to order them. I may be able to through one of our programs since I work the commercial side of Autozone. I don't work the counter anymore. I'll see is our APW program offers them when I'm at work tomorrow.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #6759
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: , Michigan
Posts: 1,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
I don't give a **** about lifetime warranty. The one thing I cheaped out on the axle build was ball joints. The driver side lifetime warranty Duralast crapped out with 200 miles on it (maybe even less?). Lifetime warranty doesn't mean anything if I have to replace it every 200 miles.

Anyway. /Rant.

I am looking at doing the ZJ tie rod and want the Moog parts. I want to replace the drag link TREs too while I'm at it.
I ended up with Duralast ZJ tie rod since Moog was out of stock. It's beef for sure, but only one side is greaseable and the side that does take grease at some point puked it out onto the brake rotor. my Jeep.
__________________
'00 XJ not quite there...
YoureverydayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #6760
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: , Michigan
Posts: 1,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311
I think Oreillys is the only place that sells name brand Moogs, we aren't able to order them. I may be able to through one of our programs since I work the commercial side of Autozone. I don't work the counter anymore. I'll see is our APW program offers them when I'm at work tomorrow.
I am trying to find good deals on loaded calipers for WJ swappy stuff. I know NAPA sells them but haven't checked out AZ. Not ready yet, but soon.
__________________
'00 XJ not quite there...
YoureverydayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #6761
Jason
Sarcastic Genius
 
Jason's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 6,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
Finished up the dubJ. Was a ***** the entire time. But after test driving it I must say, the WJ is a good foundation for a build!

I have this week off work. First week I have EVER had off work. Time to get things done around the house, get work done on the Jeep, and have a life for a minute. Plans forming to camp at Silver Lake lend of the week!
Camp where?
__________________
"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #6762
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot
 
Rubicon0311's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 3,219
I also installed some HID's in the truck
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #6763
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: , Michigan
Posts: 1,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason

Camp where?
State park. Not extreme adventure stuff, but time is short. Also bringing young buck, and probably one of Kelsey's friends, so easy is mo' better on this one. Need to make reservations tomorrow.
__________________
'00 XJ not quite there...
YoureverydayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #6764
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: , Michigan
Posts: 1,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311
I also installed some HID's in the truck
Naaaaw man! Now I'm going to have to burn your retinas up with the Hellas if I pass you on the road. I HATE HIDs in non-projector housings!
__________________
'00 XJ not quite there...
YoureverydayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #6765
Jason
Sarcastic Genius
 
Jason's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 6,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
State park. Not extreme adventure stuff, but time is short. Also bringing young buck, and probably one of Kelsey's friends, so easy is mo' better on this one. Need to make reservations tomorrow.
I'm looking for something to do next weekend. My 2005 has never seen the dunes.
__________________
"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.