What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread - Page 431 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 06-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #6451
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alboy79 View Post
I'll be up Saturday it looks like.
I have to work Saturday night, so I'll be leaving late morning

Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 02:49 AM   #6452
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason

What is the thickness, 7 ga? What kind of machine do you have?
3/16ths. I have a cheapie Northern Industrial MIG 125. It's supposed to do 3/16ths, but it has been a struggle thus far.

'00 XJ not quite there..
Unread 06-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #6453
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
3/16ths. I have a cheapie Northern Industrial MIG 125. It's supposed to do 3/16ths, but it has been a struggle thus far.
I wouldn't want to use that on anything structural, or anything that would see the forces from a pull. It just doesn't have enough power to get a good bite. I can do it, or if you still want to do it yourself, you can use my 210, I don't care either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #6454
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I wouldn't want to use that on anything structural, or anything that would see the forces from a pull. It just doesn't have enough power to get a good bite. I can do it, or if you still want to do it yourself, you can use my 210, I don't care either way.
Got any time this weekend? I would offer to help with the bathroom, but tile isn't really my thing either lol.

'00 XJ not quite there..
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #6455
Ryanw10
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311
I'm actually headed to silver lake Thursday and Friday nights with a group. I just need to find a tent....
Ill be at silver lake Friday night and rocks and valleys all day Saturday
Ryanw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #6456
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I am making brackets for windshield mount lights. I was looking at different lighting and was wondering if anyone has had issues with light covers. I think they look hideous but I do believe they are required for any offroad lighting. Does anyone here have the lighting and do you cover them? If not have you had any issues with police?
thunderdan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #6457
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
Got any time this weekend? I would offer to help with the bathroom, but tile isn't really my thing either lol.

'00 XJ not quite there..
Not sure. I might, but it depends on what I get done on this bathroom this week. Check with me Friday. Bring beer.

Quote:
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #6458
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderdan2000 View Post
I am making brackets for windshield mount lights. I was looking at different lighting and was wondering if anyone has had issues with light covers. I think they look hideous but I do believe they are required for any offroad lighting. Does anyone here have the lighting and do you cover them? If not have you had any issues with police?
No where that I know of says covers are required, but they are a handy way to avoid an issue if you were accused of running them on the street. Here's the relevant law on that:

257.685 Head lamps; number; modulator; height; auxiliary, spot, or other lamp; exemption.

Sec. 685.

(1) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (2), a motor vehicle shall be equipped with at least 2 head lamps with at least 1 head lamp on each side of the front of the motor vehicle, in compliance with this chapter. An implement of husbandry manufactured on or after January 1, 2007 shall comply with section 684a.

(2) A motorcycle or moped shall be equipped with at least 1 and not more than 2 head lamps that comply with this chapter.

(3) A motorcycle or moped head lamp may be wired or equipped to allow either its upper beam or its lower beam, but not both, to modulate from a higher intensity to a lower intensity. A head lamp modulator installed on a motorcycle or moped with 2 head lamps shall be wired in a manner to prevent the head lamps from modulating at different rates or not in synchronization with each other. A head lamp modulator installed on a motorcycle or moped shall meet the standards prescribed in 49 CFR 571.108.

(4) Every head lamp upon a motor vehicle shall be located at a height measured from the center of the head lamp of not more than 54 inches nor less than 24 inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands.

(5) When a motor vehicle equipped with head lamps as required in this section is also equipped with auxiliary lamps or a spot lamp or any other lamp on the front of the motor vehicle projecting a beam of an intensity greater than 300 candlepower, not more than a total of 4 of those lamps on the front of a vehicle shall be lighted at a time when upon a highway.

Quote:
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #6459
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Not sure. I might, but it depends on what I get done on this bathroom this week. Check with me Friday. Bring beer.
10-4

'00 XJ not quite there..
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #6460
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
(5) When a motor vehicle equipped with head lamps as required in this section is also equipped with auxiliary lamps or a spot lamp or any other lamp on the front of the motor vehicle projecting a beam of an intensity greater than 300 candlepower, not more than a total of 4 of those lamps on the front of a vehicle shall be lighted at a time when upon a highway.
So this is saying I can have my lightbar on while on the highway? Interesting...
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #6461
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
So this is saying I can have my lightbar on while on the highway? Interesting...
Depends on what the light bar is comprised of. Is it one light, or is it 20, 40, 80, etc. individual lights? Seems like a grey area to me.

Quote:
Unread 06-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #6462
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Depends on what the light bar is comprised of. Is it one light, or is it 20, 40, 80, etc. individual lights? Seems like a grey area to me.
It would depend on their definition of a "light". Do they count a multi-lamp luminary as one light? Also, I don't think a lot of the led bars are DOT approved, which rules out most "spot beam" patterns too. I doubt any cop has a meter to measure intensity of headlights either.

'00 XJ not quite there..
Unread 06-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #6463
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Only issue with grey areas in laws is the cops always win unless you want to spend a bunch on money to fight it. You know land of the free and all. Lol
thunderdan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #6464
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Speaking of lights....I had a little project today, made it to where I dont have to use magnetic tow lights anymore. Dont mind the wires, they have been moved out of the way, this was part of the final mock up before I put everything back together.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #6465
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
Speaking of lights....I had a little project today, made it to where I dont have to use magnetic tow lights anymore.
Awesome idea! I flat towed the YJ for the First time last week. I'll have to tear apart my harbor fright magnet lights and do this :-)
ashland82391 is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.